Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    BTW Yodel is currently running as more or less 2 businesses atm.A small part of what was DHL and the old HDN.There seems to be some differences between how both sides run and certainly with volumes delivered.

Isn't that one of the key problems? The two old businesses still haven't been properly integrated, and that's particularly evident when you're trying to get some info from the call centres.

It's still a chaotic mess, and the senior management should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for having failed so spectacularly to merge the businesses.

But they won't be, of course - they'll blame the staff and take fat bonuses for their 'success' in 'driving the business forward and maximising profitability'. Sod the customers. :D
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Whilst it doesn't get your parcels to you. I know of one depot which normally deals with 700 - 800 parcels a day. They are currently expected by their bosses to deal with 12,500 a day - approx 15 times the normal number of parcels.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    Isn't that one of the key problems? The two old businesses still haven't been properly integrated, and that's particularly evident when you're trying to get some info from the call centres.

It's still a chaotic mess, and the senior management should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for having failed so spectacularly to merge the businesses.

But they won't be, of course - they'll blame the staff and take fat bonuses for their 'success' in 'driving the business forward and maximising profitability'. Sod the customers. :D

Yep, two totally different sets of T's&C's and very different payschemes.Not to worry though, they are sorting that out by making the vast majority of the ex HDN staff redundant-the ones with the better conditions and much much better payscheme.Purely by coincidence of course.
  • Still sat here like a plonker waiting for yodel to deliver my 9-1pm delivery...just like I waited in for 2 days for my promised trainers delivery from them two weeks ago.And like my monday delivery turned into a thursday delivery 5 weeks ago.Why do big companies use this firm???:mad:
    Slightly mad mummy to four kidlets aged 4 months,6,7 and 8 :D:D:D xx
  • Gothicfairy
    Gothicfairy Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Still no parcel or email / call here but the online tracking did show as "in transit" this lunchtime, it is now back at the depo so I can only imagine that some kind soul took pity on the poor parcel and took it for a nice walk in the park or a pub lunch and have now tucked it back up for the night.
    There is a race of men that don't fit in; A race that can't stand still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will.

Robert Service
  • Welshscot wrote: »
    Three working days is too long for an express delivery. I still have not received a reply to the complaint sent on 19th November - now 26th November - so have resubmitted it.

Getting sick of waiting for a reply from Yodel.
  • Stralinger wrote: »
    Update re: the complaint I emailed to Yodel on 12th Nov.
    On 16 Nov, I received an email from April Partington, Customer Relations Advisor (April.Partington@vertex.co.uk). She requested my telephone number so that she could call me to discuss my complaint.
    I responded that evening with a number where she could reach me on 17 or 18 Nov. However I have not received a call yet....Will update this thread again when/if I do!
    I did successfully receive another Yodel delivery (through the same depot, but to a different address) on 15 Nov - next day service, as requested and paid for by the shipper.

So, on 28 Nov I wrote to April Partington and expressed my disappointment that she had initiated contact with me regarding my complaint but had not followed through. She responded early the next morning via email:
    "I am extremely sorry, it would seem as though you have failed to receive my response to your complaint, let me assure you that I was disappointed to read of your unfortunate experience and I asked that your concerns be investigated immediately. I will of course, locate the original email which was sent and have this forwarded on to you today. Please accept my apologies."

This is the last contact I've had from April or Yodel, even after I responded to her to point out that she'd "forgotten" to locate this "original email" and forward it.

I am pleased to report that the company I work with stopped using Yodel as of 30 Nov. Phew! :j I don't think they're going to last much longer unless they have a complete overall - their communication, both internal & external, is a disaster and they have lost the trust of many customers.
  • Mike_s
    Mike_s Posts: 22 Forumite
    Can the Forum moderators PLEASE get a message to Martin? There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services" (i.e. NO deliveries, No Service at all). I previously had no luck getting deliveries from DHL or City Link and Now YODEL are similalry failing.
    As customers who have paid for a delivery WHY are we asked to COllect our items?
    I have had three packages due and failed deliveries in the last month all via YODEL. One Amazon market seller business who is refusing to deal with the issue, one from Lego and 2 direct Amazon sales. yes that doesn't add up, one of these is a returns collection to Amazon.
    Yodel's website arranged the collection automatically but then I get an email from the company saying they wont collect till 2 days later than thier OWN SYSTEM booked it.
    I did raise my issues with Amazon and they have sent the other item out by Royal mail. I'm still down by two purchases and one return. A Yodel driver even bullied my son (14) into signing for an item I had told the company to return to sender after they had failed to deliver within the promised 5 days. The company (YDOEL) have not replied to any contact I have made to them about this.

I am actively asking each online retailer BEFORE purchase who they post with and will now only buy an item if they will use the Royal Mail. YODEL do not deliver.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Mike_s wrote: »
    Can the Forum moderators PLEASE get a message to Martin? There needs to be a National campaign about ALL the "delivery services" (i.e. NO deliveries, No Service at all). I previously had no luck getting deliveries from DHL or City Link and Now YODEL are similalry failing.
    As customers who have paid for a delivery WHY are we asked to COllect our items?
    I have had three packages due and failed deliveries in the last month all via YODEL. One Amazon market seller business who is refusing to deal with the issue, one from Lego and 2 direct Amazon sales. yes that doesn't add up, one of these is a returns collection to Amazon.
    Yodel's website arranged the collection automatically but then I get an email from the company saying they wont collect till 2 days later than thier OWN SYSTEM booked it.
    I did raise my issues with Amazon and they have sent the other item out by Royal mail. I'm still down by two purchases and one return. A Yodel driver even bullied my son (14) into signing for an item I had told the company to return to sender after they had failed to deliver within the promised 5 days. The company (YDOEL) have not replied to any contact I have made to them about this.

I am actively asking each online retailer BEFORE purchase who they post with and will now only buy an item if they will use the Royal Mail. YODEL do not deliver.

you seem to be forgetting a small matter
    the millions of people who are happy with the service they receive
    the majority of people who post on forums will those with problems
    If you dont like the service then don't use the companies offering it
  • I've had a shocking experience with Yodel and my £75 Amazon order that is now god knows where. Someone called Jones signed for it - funnily enough there is no-one of that name in this building, hmm! And plus I was in at the time they supposedly delivered.
    I've emailed Amazon today and told them that if Yodel is their preferred courier I will not be ordering from them again.

After my email to them I got a dispatch notice for my bargainous Nigella Christmas today and sadly that is being sent by Yodel. I might as well start looking for a replacement now as that will be another order I'll never receive. Glad I have nothing else waiting to be dispatched.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure