I need a loan but dont work help please

Options

Comments

• Hi, i lost my job as a cleaner a few months back, and have been looking for part time work to help ends meet. As to working in a bar at evenings, this i could not do as i dont have a network of help. Just me and my kids. Thank you
  • lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    Fonz wrote: »
    No, nobody will give you a loan if you can't pay it back - this is a reasonably simple one from a lenders perspective.

Provident. greenwood. shopacheck. but they will not give you £500.... £150 at first then if you make payments on time they will increase it. in time..

To be honest i would only use to improve credit rating...
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    People are not against you. You are obviously in a desperate situation and the posters do not want it to get worse. How much can you pay back each week, £10 ?, which takes you to Christmas next year. The kids will be happy with a £10 present a good feed and enjoy the day with mum who does not have one more thing to worry about. It is what you make of the day and not what you give.
  • lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    Spending £500 on children's presents is pretty excessive at the best of times; for someone who's unemployed, it's absolute madness!

Not sure she said presents but kids christmas. i.e food sweets presents e.t.c but even after what i have said £500 is a lot for christmas.
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
  • lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    BASFORDLAD wrote: »
    Why on why would some dream on spending £500 for thier kids birthday???. i really dont get it!!!!! esp when they dont have a job.

Utter utter fool and you would have no sympathy for getting in to deep water if you was in trouble after christmas

Troll... kids christmas not birthday
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Options
    £500 is a lot for Xmas OP ... even for those who work, that's a lot of spends!

Can we give you a hand to try and get that amount down by suggesting alternative gifts, food etc. that might be a bit cheaper?

Presumably you're adding the £500 to what you already have available, so do you have a 'grand total' amount. Can you break it down into what you want to do with the money.

Inevitably there will be someway you can get hold of the cash - but it will cost you a heck of a lot more than that to pay it back - so if we can advise on how to reduce it - might that help?
  • Yes the £500 was for the whole day, Xmas pressies, the dinner. It was really just a thought, but now i can see that borrowing £500 today might be good for getting me and the kids through Christmas, but its not really worth it in long run..........
  • myothercarisaferrari
    Options
    how are you going to pay it back?
  • Well thats why im saying its not worth it in long run as i would be left to pay the debt off for the rest of next year, for just one day. :confused:
  • atwitsend_2
    Options
    Its not worth it hun. I was once so desperate for a loan (left with a morgage, two kids, he cleaned out the joint account, he took my car, i couldnt get to work, let alone pay for childcare etc etc) and that was 4 years ago, I took £1000 to cover the basics, and I'm still paying it back! In fact I probably still owe the £1000! Don't do it, its just not worth it in the long run, kids IMO are just as happy with a few toys from poundland than expensive toys!
    2010 resolutions
    1- get my 5yo DD dry daytime, with enuresis help dry since 12th Jan so far!
    2-Lose 3 stone inc giving birth :j baby born 11/02/10! lost 2 stone, 1 more to go!
    3- more moneysaving! sealed pot number 851 :) SAHM getting organised, dont wanna go back to work after mat leave :o :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure