£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Options
Futuristic
Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 4 January 2016 at 6:53PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Seems like very easy money!

No monthly fee Online and mobile banking 24/7 support Contactless card (subject to status) Overdraft can be arranged (subject to status, you must be over 18) Must be a UK resident aged over 16.

Potentially no mention of any switching :/

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From the 'more information' section...

"COMMISSION WILL BE AWARDED IF YOU QUALIFY WITH THE RETAILERS TERMS FOR CASHBACK"

What are the retailer's terms for cashback? (I'm not a TCB member, so have limited access presumably?).
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's the most convoluted and incomprehensible set of T&Cs that I have seen in a very long time
    Merchant Notes
    Your details will be held by OMG Services Ltd and passed on to The Co-operative Bank for confirmation that your cashback can be paid. OMG Services Ltd will delete data in accordance with their Privacy Policy.

Before you start your application for the The Cooperative Current Account please ensure the following criteria apply to you:

• You are at least 16 years of age
    • You are a UK resident
    • Minimum monthly funding required: £800

Terms and conditions of the TopCashback cashback:

• Please be as thorough as possible when completing your details online to help avoid the application being followed up offline and becoming ineligible for cashback. To ensure that your transaction tracks and to receive your cashback you must generate a new application.
    • If the application has been generated via another site (such as a price comparison site) or advertisement, the sale will not be attributed to TopCashback and you will not receive your cashback.
    • Make sure you have third party cookie tracking enabled and you allow the confirmation page to fully load before closing the window.
    • Cashback will initially track with no amount. Please allow up to 60 days for the full amount of cashback to track. If the full amount has not tracked within 60 days please submit a cashback claim within 12 weeks of the application date.
    • Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out the product and transfer to it as their main account.
    • Cashback will only be paid to customers who are accepted for The Cooperative Current Account.
    • Cashback will only be paid out for new applications that are ‘accepted’ for The Cooperative Current Account that are completed fully online.
    • Any members reported to us as applying with fraudulent details or intent to deceive will have their TopCashback account and cashback terminated without notice.
    • The Cooperative Current Account cashback is available through TopCashback on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.
    • The Cooperative Current Account cashback can be earned simply by clicking through to the merchant and shopping online as normal.

Make sure you have third party cookie tracking enabled and you allow the confirmation page to fully load before closing the window. For reference and for any possible claims, note down the date and time of your purchase and the quote number provided on the confirmation page. We cannot track via policy number we require a quote number.

Your details will be held by OMG Services Ltd and passed on to The Co-operative Bank for confirmation that your cashback can be paid. OMG Services Ltd will delete data in accordance with their Privacy Policy.

Cashback paid through TopCashback is only paid out once per customer.

• Cashback is only paid on approved applications which are completed online and within 30 days from application. Any application that needs to be followed up offline (for example, to show proof of ID in a branch) or is over the 30 days from application won’t receive cashback
    • After submitting an application you will be given a reference number beginning with OLA. Please keep a note of this number as it will be required if you need to submit a cashback claim
    • Single and joint account options
    • Customers do not need to have another product with The Co-operative Bank to qualify
    • You must have an active Co-operative Bank Current Account in order for The Co-operative Bank to approve your TopCashback cashback
    • You must have applied and been accepted for the relevant Co-operative Bank account for your cashback to be issued. For current account applications, cashback will only be issued once your account is successfully opened.
    • Please note that the use of a Co-operative Bank promotional/voucher code not posted and approved by TopCashback may affect your eligibility for cashback

Please note that the use of a The Co-operative Bank promotional/voucher code not posted and approved by TopCashback, may affect your eligibility for cashback.

The Co-operative Bank cashback is available through TopCashback on genuine, tracked transactions completed immediately and wholly online.

If you earn cashback through this merchant, payouts cannot be made by PayPal, Love2Shop, Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate, Tesco Clubcard, Avios Travel Rewards Programme, British Airways Executive Club, British Airways Executive Club, Avios Travel Rewards Programme, Tesco Clubcard, Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate, Love2Shop, PayPal or selected gift vouchers

The rates displayed above will include the cashback bonus relevant to what level of membership you are on when you're logged into your account. If you're not logged in to a TopCashback account, the rates shown will include the Plus member cashback bonus.

THE CO-OPERATIVE BANK CASHBACK can be earned simply by clicking through to the merchant and shopping online as normal.
    Less information arrow
    PLEASE NOTE THAT TRANSACTIONS MAY TRACK AS ZERO INITIALLY, COMMISSION WILL BE AWARDED IF YOU QUALIFY WITH THE RETAILERS TERMS FOR CASHBACK. Transactions are usually confirmed in 2 to 6 weeks. They should become payable 60 - 90 days after the event date, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed statistics (or in the notes) above. Recurrences may be limited.

Cashback rates are subject to change, both up and down.

Whilst the vast majority of transactions from merchants track successfully, occasionally a transaction may not get reported. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a 'Missing Cashback' query within 100 days of the transaction, as we will be unable to chase up older claims. You must click through to the retailer and proceed with your purchase or transaction immediately and wholly online.

Please note that some merchants may not be forthcoming with untracked cashback. We endeavour to chase untracked cashback but reserve the right to halt enquiries at any time. Please do not make purchase decisions based on expected cashback as it is not guaranteed.See our Terms and Conditions for more information.

From time to time the information displayed here may be out of date.
  • Futuristic
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    It's the most convoluted and incomprehensible set of T&Cs that I have seen in a very long time

It's strange as they link to the old TCB page (old offer) where it states that a switch is required however the current offer page does not.

I'm not looking to switch but gone with it. Should it fail for whatever reason I assume another switch offer will arise eventually and move to that months down and keep it as a donor acc

Old offer (where omg links to terms): http://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank/
    Current offer: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/the-co-operative-bank-current-accounts/
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    So...
    Cashback will only be paid to customers who take out the product and transfer to it as their main account.
    ...loosely(!) means a switch and some meaningful transactions on an ongoing basis.

And...
    The rates displayed above will include the cashback bonus relevant to what level of membership you are on when you're logged into your account. If you're not logged in to a TopCashback account, the rates shown will include the Plus member cashback bonus.
    ...means I wouldn't necessarily get £157.50 anyway, without both joining and upgrading to Plus membership status.

Agree with Archi...what a messy set of T&Cs.

Then again...I wonder if I could get Quidco to match it? :D
  • Futuristic
    Options
    It's around £151 for normal members, can't see what it is as I have plus. Could go either way, worth a punt though.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Futuristic wrote: »
    It's around £151 for normal members, can't see what it is as I have plus. Could go either way, worth a punt though.
    I've had a Co-op incentive in recent times. Would probably exclude me anyway? Previous cashback deals have. (if anyone knows differently, there's some room in my PM inbox. :))
  • Archi_Bald
    Options
    The words I posted are from the current offer. I can't make any sense of it. E.g.
    • Cashback is only paid on approved applications which are completed online and within 30 days from application. Any application that needs to be followed up offline (for example, to show proof of ID in a branch) or is over the 30 days from application won’t receive cashback
    Meaning what??

• Customers do not need to have another product with The Co-operative Bank to qualify
    do they perhaps mean the offer is not open to existing Coop account holders?
    • You must have an active Co-operative Bank Current Account in order for The Co-operative Bank to approve your TopCashback cashback
    that seems a catch-all get-out clause as there is no definition of "active"
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I notice the Co-op no longer offer their own £100 incentive payment (plus the £25 for charity) if you switch to them.

Quidco are only offering £15 - and that seems to require a switch

http://www.quidco.com/co-op-bank-current-accounts/

I find it hard to believe they would pay £157.50 out just for opening the account - without switching including direct debits?

I already have a co-op current account plus - but could I/anyone open a standard current account and be eligible?
  • Archi_Bald
    Options
    Gosh, the application process is painful. They ask intrusive Qs, such as what your main current account is and how long you held that account, and what your, as well as your household's, monthly income and outgoings are. I would have given them an HSBC account that I am happy to switch, but they said the sort code and account number are invalid. So I have given them another account.

They don't make an instant decision but "Where no extra information is required a decision will be sent to you by post or email within 5 working days". This suggests to me that they are monitoring the applications manually. Mind you, I can't remember whether they gave an instant decision for my previous applications.

BTW, I was only offered an application for their standard current account (not that it matters to me).
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Gosh, the application process is painful. They ask intrusive Qs, such as what your main current account is and how long you held that account, and what your, as well as your household's, monthly income and outgoings are. I would have given them an HSBC account that I am happy to switch, but they said the sort code and account number are invalid. So I have given them another account.

They don't make an instant decision but "Where no extra information is required a decision will be sent to you by post or email within 5 working days". This suggests to me that they are monitoring the applications manually. Mind you, I can't remember whether they gave an instant decision for my previous applications.

BTW, I was only offered an application for their standard current account (not that it matters to me).

Does the application process require you to switch then?

Because the TCB terms mention nothing about that?

I presume you don't already have an account with them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure