Taking Court Action Against Vodafone - Remove Default Notice

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,647
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    It sounds like pretty shoddy treatment from vodaphone.

It would make a refreshing change if they actually fessed up that they had made a mistake in this instance, and actually sorted out the unholy mess the OP appears to be in.

It should not be outside the Rhelms of possibility to do that, and to make proper amends for it.

It would also be appropriate if one of you could come back and inform us of any resolution.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • AbbieA
    AbbieA Posts: 46 Forumite
    Hi AbbieA,

Thanks for updating us, has the automated email been sent to any spam or junk folders?

If you’re unable to locate the response, please resubmit your details after clearing your cache and cookies and trying an alternative browser.

Once you receive the reference number, please update us and we can check on this for you.

Thanks,

Natasha

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi, I have still not received anything an automated email with reference number. I have resubmitted the info twice today using different browsers, after clearing my cache and cookies. Nothing received in spam folders or anywhere else either.

Will let you know when something comes through.
  • AbbieA
    Nothing received still, does your online form work? I've tried using both chrome and internet explorer, will try Firefox too. I suppose when you make it this difficult for people to notify you of a complaint it makes your statistics look better...

On an interesting note, I have received a letter from Vodafone. Despite failing to respond to or even acknowledge my pre action protocol letter, the Vodafone Legal team are now investigating the case as a result of my email to the directors. The main body of the letter in it's entirety:

Thank you for your email into our director's office dated 13th March 2017
    I am writing to inform you that we are fully investigating this case and will get a substantive response back to you within the next 28 days. I have requested that the fraud investigation be re-opened and will respond to you with the results of this investigation as soon as it has been completed.

Will keep you all posted!
  • robber2
    robber2 Posts: 558
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi AbbieA,
    congratulations on your perserverance.

If the current promises from vodafone come to nothing you may find that going to the media will help to keep the pressure on; watchdog, sunday papers, Vodafones twitter and facebook accounts for example. Its a sad reality that companies like this tend to worry more about bad publicity than they do about causing untold stress and hassle for individuals.

good luck

Rob
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi AbbieA,

It may be an issue with the email address you're using. We've had an issue with Hotmail.co.uk and AOL.com account. Please try resubmitting the form using a different email address.

Thanks,
    Will

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi AbbieA,

It may be an issue with the email address you're using. We've had an issue with Hotmail.co.uk and AOL.com account. Please try resubmitting the form using a different email address.

Thanks,
    Will

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Or just stop sending spam around from the same domain you are trying to then handle support requests? Because that is how you end up getting banned. The irony is that by this rate they could've just sent it by post or pigeon, and it would be faster.

It's insane what they are putting you through OP, I'm sorry that I can't help.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Arleen wrote: »
    It's insane what they are putting you through OP, I'm sorry that I can't help.

The idea is to wear people down so they give up and go away.

vodafone have no real interest in helping
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,647
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    rizla_king wrote: »
    The idea is to wear people down so they give up and go away.

vodafone have no real interest in helping

Could not agree more, customer service as it used to be known, is now non existent in most large organisations in this country.

I know little about how these companies internal departments work, but they seem to lack a certain amount of common sense to my mind.

What happened to the old adage "the customer is always right" ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • AbbieA
    edited 22 March 2017 at 11:46AM
    Hi AbbieA,

Thanks,
    Will

Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK

It was a gmail address, I have now resubmitted the information using a yahoo email address. Bare in mind this is now the 6th time I have submitted the information using your online form, and that this also follows numerous phone calls, letters, emails to CEO's and an (ignored) Pre Action Protocol Letter. It's also worth noting that the social media team have already been supplied with all this information by email.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi AbbieA,

So I can make sure that we've got it, please update the thread with the reference number from our automated reply.

Alternatively, please let us know the reference number from your previous emails with the Social Media team and we can chase this up for you.

Kind regards,

Becca

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure