Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    AAU how did dd get on yesterday?

Good thanks

all the parents got to loiter in the class room for a few minutes and we saw her talking with a couple of girls she knows from a dancing class. They then got in a small play tent and closed the opening over to stop dd1 going in with them. :mad: She went off and found something else to do but all day the missus and I could only think about how that might have affected her and would she approach anyone else or not :(

She came home and when we asked her what her favourite part of the day was and she said "making new friends" so she found new playmates after all :j

This morning as we had breakfast she asked me "how can Eleanor (the girl who closed the tent over) be a big schoolgirl now but still not know it wasn't nice to hurt other people's feelings?"

DD1 is so thoughtful of other people's feelings she can never understand why anyone would do anything to make anyone sad :smileyhea
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Spoiler alert ...

Gold :cool:

Well done Laura Trott :)

Anon
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    aau1 wrote: »
    Good thanks

all the parents got to loiter in the class room for a few minutes and we saw her talking with a couple of girls she knows from a dancing class. They then got in a small play tent and closed the opening over to stop dd1 going in with them. :mad: She went off and found something else to do but all day the missus and I could only think about how that might have affected her and would she approach anyone else or not :(

She came home and when we asked her what her favourite part of the day was and she said "making new friends" so she found new playmates after all :j

This morning as we had breakfast she asked me "how can Eleanor (the girl who closed the tent over) be a big schoolgirl now but still not know it wasn't nice to hurt other people's feelings?"

DD1 is so thoughtful of other people's feelings she can never understand why anyone would do anything to make anyone sad :smileyhea
    Awwwww bless her, glad it didnt stop her making new little friends :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Crying again TM?
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good thanks

Aau she will be the better child for all that, and will thrive, I sometimes think that the bitter child turns into the bitter adult and they never know happiness or contentment.r
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Anon wrote: »
    Spoiler alert ...

Gold :cool:

Well done Laura Trott :)

Anon

No gold-medal-games-keyworth-leisure-centre-wk1-2016-wed-27th-jul-1763-p.jpg
    [IMG][/img]gold-medal-games-keyworth-leisure-centre-wk1-2016-wed-27th-jul-1763-p.jpg

gold-medal-games-keyworth-leisure-centre-wk1-2016-wed-27th-jul-1763-p.jpg

gold-medal-games-keyworth-leisure-centre-wk1-2016-wed-27th-jul-1763-p.jpg
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Legette wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! On the subject of dental care, has anyone spotted any super cheap,simple (preferably small) toothpaste and toothbrushes? We help to provide them for parents at the children's ward at the local hospital. We managed to get 1/2 dozen of the toothpastes from Asda, but that's it. They used to do the value toothbrushes, but I've not seen them for a while. If you could point me in the right direction I can stock them up. Thanks in advance.

P.s. I know the Minion ones are out there, but they may be overkill and I can't get my head around cos!

Tesco do a cheap toothpaste as do asda still ..you just have to find one near you that stock it
    Asda do a cheap 15p or 20p panty liner but these are also only in certain stores when I see them I get a few to donate to my local food bank
    As with all the big stores the area you live in determines whether they sell the cheap versions
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Good thanks

Oh how sweet she is:A

Children can be so cruel and it's so tempting to get involved but it usually sorts itself out in the end:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Crying again TM?

It's the national anthem that does it for me.....especially when the gold medalist starts to go:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Snap and fourp Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary Mr Mrs Marks

Happy Birthday Emma
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories