The All New MSE Running Club.

Options

Comments

• charliewocka
    Options
    How did you do, Flosswoss21?

4:02! Woohoo, happy with that for a first time! It was so hot but great atmosphere and apart form some dehydration the afternoon afterwards feeling pretty good and been doing lots of walking to stretch out everything.

The worst part? I would definitely consider doing another one :D :ROTFL:

Thanks for asking!
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol

Well done!

I remember a few times saying "I won't be entering another half marathon again". I then ended up entering another one...
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • VestanPance
    VestanPance Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    4:02! Woohoo, happy with that for a first time! It was so hot but great atmosphere and apart form some dehydration the afternoon afterwards feeling pretty good and been doing lots of walking to stretch out everything.

Thanks for asking!

Well done! Glad you enjoyed Paris.

That park for the final few miles before Ave Foch never seemed to end.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A few friends did Paris. It sounds brilliant! (and so does Brighton)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • G_Model101
    G_Model101 Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have never seen so much food available on a marathon course, bless those Parisians!
    Probably the biggest and best race I have taken part in, nearly everyone there was from the UK
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks for asking!

Yay! That's fantastic and gives you an obvious target for the next one! :T :j
  • charliewocka
    Options
    aw, thanks everyone! :D I agree, loads of food available. I took a couple of orange segments and a piece of banana. I did also take what I thought was a fluffy marshmallow, shoved it in my mouth before realising it was a sugar cube and had to spit it back out :D My sunglasses weren't my prescription ones!

Looking at possibly Stockholm or Valencia now as want to stay fairly flat.

Had hoped to do 4:00 or under, but due to the sheer volume of people I'll happily take my result.
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aw, thanks everyone! :D I agree, loads of food available. I took a couple of orange segments and a piece of banana. I did also take what I thought was a fluffy marshmallow, shoved it in my mouth before realising it was a sugar cube and had to spit it back out :D My sunglasses weren't my prescription ones!

Looking at possibly Stockholm or Valencia now as want to stay fairly flat.

Had hoped to do 4:00 or under, but due to the sheer volume of people I'll happily take my result.

Famously at the 1924 Paris Olympic Marathon, there was wine at the water-points. You can see film of the runners taking a huge gulp and then reeling away :beer: Also, it really looks as if the food was bread and sausages :rotfl:
  • charliewocka
    Options
    During the last 3 o4 4 km they had people advertising the Medoc Marathon (the one with the wine!) and they were handing out thimbles of red wine. I resisted! Not sure I could run any distance with wine in me, so will be avoiding that one (unless it's over a week).
  • VestanPance
    VestanPance Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    Stockholm isn't what I'd class as a good PB course. In fact it's Paris where I ran my marathon PB.

If you want a fast course to attack a sub 4 time then Amsterdam is the obvious choice, unless you hate constant flat. Berlin is another fast course.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure