Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    chevalier, I expect Puzz will reply herself but from what I gather from reading the whole thread she has an unusual family dynamic (if that's the right term). I understand totally how she is dealing with a lot of things on her own, my own situation is very similar. Not all of us fit the 'norm':)

On the nose CBC.. you know me so well....I wish you had a diary...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    So nearly the weekend again..

DD home tomorrow but I am determined it won't be too spendy.. I must get my haircut before I go on holiday and that is less than 3 weeks away now... Have moved some cash into normal bank so I can get my euro's..I have 250e that OH gave me when he came back from his last jolly boys trip...

I am looking forward to the break, I have no doubt lovely mother will drive me bats but am determined to get some R & R.. its been a long 18 months since my last break, which I know isn't long for some but I was used to at least my annual fortnight...! no idea yet what the weather will be like.. my body is not bikini ready and I had no intention of spending the usual £50 a piece on bikini's to hold up my assets..:rotfl: Have improvised with a £6.99 swimsuit off ebay.... although it may be boots and cardi weather will find out nearer the time...!

Money news.. haven't really got any.. silly letter from wescot saying you forgot to pay us.. umm no I have a letter from you accepting my new plan... you do wonder how these companies survive..!

After my holiday I will be rushing into the Christmas shopping mode as I like to get this completed before the rush of the people to the shops starts...! i will also be redoing my i & e.. no idea how that's going to look yet..!!

Weight wise.. Still stuck at 10.11 that's been 3 weeks now.. maybe if I eat my dinner tonight whilst walking on the treadmill I will shift that pesky 1lb and reach 10.10.... I did walk Monday and Tuesday but was working last night.. I have lost 9lbs but would like to get to double figures before I ruin it all when I go away...

Right best get on...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat wrote: »
    On the nose CBC.. you know me so well....I wish you had a diary...

Love Puzz. x

I don't need one, Puzz, You're writing it for me;). Apart from me no longer having a lovely mother and never having a wonderful daughter such a lot of our experiences are the same. Oh, I forgot, I'm not blessed with OH taking himself off on holiday as often as I'd like:(. He says the food is better here (and cheaper for him seeing as he doesn't pay for it;)).

Seriously, I might start a diary. Lots of people whose diaries I clog up with my nattering ask me when I'm going to do it:rotfl:
  • Puzzcat
    Gosh..where have I been... nowhere yet...! Amazed nearly 2 weeks has flown past... so what has Puzz been up to..

Weight News.. scales seem to be going the wrong way now...oops.... 2lb on.. that's not what I am suppose to be doing...!!!

Money News.. well payday Friday..:j Still got a little in the bank but dd has been spending for me again..... I will be up £200 from this payday but am also flying off a week today so will probably take it as cash with me just in case.. no cc's you know..!!! Have all my euro's ready...am looking forward to some R & R.....

DD still roller coasting.... she was home for the weekend before last, and spent last weekend with her special friend at his family home.. which is about 5 miles from us...:rotfl: Go to Uni 50 miles away and meet someone from round the corner.... She seems okay in herself and this will now be the longest we won't see each other... hoping she will come home the weekend after I am back.. I will be Mrs Washer Women with her month's worth of clothes and my holiday stuff...!

Had dreadful nights sleep last night, OH back after being on nights and woke me when he came to bed..then snored... I had tea at 1.45.. and I am sure I saw every hour until the alarm at 6 when of course I was in a deep sleep.. Naughty puzz reset it for 8.. so caught up on a few missed hours.... Have been very busy work wise today so will be heading up the stairs early again tonight....

So nothing very exciting going on, haven't felt like being social so other than work and the short time OH is home I haven't really seen anyone.. did get my haircut mind... and I actually like it..:D

Second reduced payment goes to creditors on the 3rd.. still no word from 2 of them, and I have a couple of things to tackle with a few of them before I resume full payment so that's a job for after my holiday...

That's about all folks.. not very exciting for 2 weeks worth of news.... :rotfl:

3 more days of work then off for 12 days....:D

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Puzz
    Sorry for putting my oar in. The last thing I will say about it is that do you think your share of the bills is fair, ie proportional to what you earn. If you are halving the bills but he say earns double what you do I wonder if that could be adjusted?

Well done on keeping on with it. And as for the weight at least you have started sorting that, whilst I on the other hand :o
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Puzzcat
    chevalier wrote: »
    Hi Puzz
    Sorry for putting my oar in. The last thing I will say about it is that do you think your share of the bills is fair, ie proportional to what you earn. If you are halving the bills but he say earns double what you do I wonder if that could be adjusted?

Well done on keeping on with it. And as for the weight at least you have started sorting that, whilst I on the other hand :o
    chev

Hi Chev,

We both earn about the same in out full time jobs, the difference is OH can earn a lot doing his part time work, but he's happy for me to share it as and when...!

I guess the proportional part didn't work in the early days of our relationship as I owned and paid for my house as he was paying for his ex wife and son's home... and I never grasped I needed a contribution and then a bigger contribution once we had our dd.. When we moved I again bought the house, and it was only in 2003 that we bought together.. ( my deposit is safe in the equity..).. we muddle along okay most of the time..!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    :j:j:j Friday.. Payday.. and last working (ish..) day for me for 12 days....:j:j:j

Have done the banking, updated my signature..look at my little pot of gold growing nicely...!

First month not paying lovely mother her £200 but I have kept the cash (OH pays this) and transferred from my own account this month.. I like to take some spare English when I go away just in case... hope to bring it back in tact or its going to be another tight ish month..

Had a letter from NW.. you forgot to pay.. umm.. no I wrote to you 6 weeks ago.. so I rang them and spoke to a lovely girl who couldn't be more apologetic and as they didn't start the plan from October she has started it from November so no full payment to them until February.... She said she could escalate it to a complaint but I said no its ok.. little do they know I will be complaining again about the lack of updates on my cr file.. previous complaint they sent me £100.. so hears hoping...!! they have also placed a random AR mark in among my D's.. so will also be picking that up... Another creditor sold the debt but I have received no default notice from them, this was a few months back so will also be taking up a little complaint with them...Oh the fun of self managed...!

So I think there is only 4 I need to pay properly from 3rd January as the rest put me on a 6 month plan... delays repayment date of course but i shall play with it all when I get back from my rather late summer holiday...!

Have removed dfd from my sig as don't know what it will be until I redo my i & e..

DD undecided if she wants to come home today/tomorrow.. bless.. will wait for her to get up so she can update me...!

Drinks tonight at one neighbours and a party (may or may not go) tomorrow at another... get me social butterfly....

Otherwise its all about getting ready to fly on Tuesday.. :D:D:D

Right best move some washing around.. I mean get on with some work...:rotfl:

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Hola...
    Well as predicted this holiday is proving quite challenging and lovely mother is not being lovely a lot of the time! In fact having arrived Tuesday I would happily have flown home again Wednesday..:eek:
    But I am still here but so wish I was with dd, who is no trouble on holiday and doesn't have regular tantrums or talk all the time.....
    I know I shouldn't moan but I saved hard for this break and she is completely unaware how much she is spoiling it, head down, mouth shut puzz only 4 days to go....I am quite sad really....

Dd also rang Wednesday evening as she was feeling very unwell and had been sick a few times, one worried puzz, but she seems better now!

So today I will sit on a sunbed for longer than 40 minutes, despite lovely mother's strange ideas of what a holiday in the sun should consist of....

Sorry for the moaning.....

Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • That brought back memories .....
    I used to sit on my sunbed with myearphones in
    Not actually listening to anything but if. Mum could see that and I didnt answer her forst or second time she. Gave up

Or I used to give her the earphones with music on ...... Distracted her for a while

Keep breathing ......
  • Puzzcat
    That brought back memories .....
    I used to sit on my sunbed with myearphones in
    Not actually listening to anything but if. Mum could see that and I didnt answer her forst or second time she. Gave up

Or I used to give her the earphones with music on ...... Distracted her for a while

Keep breathing ......

Thanks debs, unfortunately I don't have any headphones with me, on the plus side I do have my own bedroom and en suite so can vanish for parts of the day! She is being better behaved so far today, let's see if it lasts...!!!

Love Puzz
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts