Share Dealing Discussion Area

Comments

• simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    as the deadline for the merger has now passed on 16th for Lloyds takeover, does this mean it's not going ahead?
  • simpywimpy
    my hbos shares were automatically changed over to lloyds today online. Pity the lloyds share price has fallen through the floor in the meantime....

Oh well, I can hang on and hope I guess.
  • ss2009
    ss2009 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Was just enquiring as to whether anyone has been tracking the Bowleven or taylor wimpey? Think im going to invest tommorrow but was wondering if anyone had any other info on them.
    Thanks
  • Blah99
    Blah99 Posts: 486 Forumite
    ss2009 wrote: »
    Was just enquiring as to whether anyone has been tracking the Bowleven or taylor wimpey? Think im going to invest tommorrow but was wondering if anyone had any other info on them.
    Thanks

I seriously do not recommend you buy into Taylor Wimpey. I've not looked at the other, but housebuilders are a bad choice at the moment.
    Mmmm, credit crunch. Tasty.
  • Ive got £200-300 to play with. I dont like risk taking but seeing Royal Bank of Scotland shares are currently about 25p surely for a long term investment investing in them would be a good idea?

Im sure the government wouldnt let the bank collapse and in 2-3 years theyll be worth 2-3times more at least??

Seems to me the Halifax share building facility would be good for me to use?

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Olly
  • Hey im looking at buying shares for long term investment..

Im confused about the prices quoted.

For example the Eon website posts a share price of 24.98

HB (Hoodles Brennan) quote a price of £186.20

Could any explain why these prices are reported so differently..
  • simpywimpy
    Ive just started buying shares with a hope for future gains. I started buying the investor chronicle which comes out weekly and picking out a couple of their recommendations.

I heard that Taylor Wimpey refinanced their debts and as such they were looking brighter for investment. I have a few shares in Bovis and they are now a neutral buy so I'll hang on in there for now.
    I also bought
    Spice Plc
    Alterian
    Peter Hambro mining
    Tullow Oil
    Lloyds TSB
  • E.ON looks to be about €25-26 per share currently, or say £23-24.
    The £186.20 is probably the price of something else.
    Don't forget if you buy shares priced in €, you will lose value if the £ goes back up against the €. (and of course the opposite as well)
  • Lansdowne wrote: »
    E.ON looks to be about €25-26 per share currently, or say £23-24.
    The £186.20 is probably the price of something else.
    Don't forget if you buy shares priced in €, you will lose value if the £ goes back up against the €. (and of course the opposite as well)

Thanks, well im looking at buying shares, but after looking at the broker HoodlessBrennan i get the following

Name: E.ON AG
    Epic: EON
    Sector: Electricity
    Index: INTERNATIONAL

Quote Time: 27/01/2009 10:03:17

Price delay 15 minutes: Buy18,887.0200p(£188.8702)Mid18,887.0200p(£188.8702)Sell18,887.0200p(£188.8702)Change: (no change)

So what is this price.. because that is what you buy at.
  • no sorry can't help. On Hargreaves Lansdown (no relation) it says
    E.on Ag NPV (CDI)
    Sell : 2,463.26p | Buy : 2,466.55p | up 110.87p
    Prices as at close on 26-01-2009
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills