Sheerlight Design , Adrian McElwee Fine Design Sussex and Nuglas sheerlightdesign.com

Comments

• Thanks Hollydays for posting the link.

Oh and I missed the last reviewer.......a certain Mr Mark King !!!!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Perhaps you could speak to the cma about those reviews

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/online-reviews-and-endorsements
  • It looks like we have also been caught out by Sheerlight Design. We have a half finished conservatory and was expecting doors to be delivered and installed today but no show and no response from "Adrian".

I had done a search before they started work and did not find anything. I did get a couple of references and went to see an extension in progress to verify they were legitimate.

I would be prepared to work on getting him to court.
  • Is anyone willing to share their location of where he is operating most recently?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hopefully nobody paid upfront.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Hi John,

Have you been back to the place where you saw the work done? Also what about the references you obtained, can they be verified. Has he given you any of his excuses yet why he didnt show up, like a funeral or sick relative?

I'm very keen to get him in to court.

Please feel free to contact me.

Sussexramble
  • Now operating as Adrian McElwee of Sheerlight Designs.
  • Just to add, Hames is also using another website just called Sheerlight
    sheerlight.co.uk
    Business address St Anne's Farm, Newchapel Road, Lingfield, Surrey RH7 6BJ

The above address is the address he used for Finedesign Sussex and Finedesign London

The Sheerlightdesign website uses the business address Haysbridge Business Centre, Godstone, Surrey RH9 8JW

These are just addresses to give the website the look of having a proper business premises, but no office will be found there.
  • It looks like Hames ..King........Mcelwee or whatever it is he calls himself is back with another web site

AMCbuild.co.uk check out the gallery.....the same fake photos as sheerlightdesign.com
  • Thanks for the latest information Andrew on Greg Hames latest CON servatory building company.

As someone else has alluded too, the photos do look very fake and he's also offering a 20 year guarantee also Gas Safe accreditations and NIC/EIC approval, now surely that is a criminal offence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback