Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Comments

• fussypensioner
    fussypensioner Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2015 at 2:44PM
    I have not been rude to "Biggles" (Biggles is made of sterner stuff) but he is happy for the wrong reason, there are plenty of people here who have not had bills and are owed credit by EE, not including yourself if seems. I originally was querying why "Footyguy" chose to believe that complaints on this forum were somehow not true and if he was not a customer why add comments. The reason EE are showing 5* is because not enough feedback has been given with regard to customer service - yet as they are new. Its only a matter of time...

PS if you think the contents of this thread are " ad nauseam" and you are tired of reading the same complaints perhaps you could start a new thread for happy customers from EE.
    Holding back the years...
  • chas1999
    chas1999 Posts: 97 Forumite
    tuggy12 wrote: »
    the 20-30 moaning minnies, who are posting, leave to go elsewhere.:)

Moaning Minnies eh!. So you think waiting nearly 4 months for the return of a £200 overpayment is trivial. And still waiting. Interesting name you go by. Appropriate. You might change your mind should you choose to leave.
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have not been rude to "Biggles" (Biggles is made of sterner stuff) but he is happy for the wrong reason, there are plenty of people here who have not had bills and are owed credit by EE, not including yourself if seems. I originally was querying why "Footyguy" chose to believe that complaints on this forum were somehow not true and if he was not a customer why add comments. The reason EE are showing 5* is because not enough feedback has been given with regard to customer service - yet as they are new. Its only a matter of time...

PS if you think the contents of this thread are " ad nauseam" and you are tired of reading the same complaints perhaps you could start a new thread for happy customers from EE.

You're just making it up as you go along.

How do you know Biggles is made of sterner stuff and how do you know he/she is happy for the wrong reasons?

You say "There are plenty of people unhappy on here"; yes about 20-30 which represents 0.0075% of EE's 400,000 customers.

You say: "The reason EE are showing 5* is because not enough feedback has been given with regard to customer service" How do you know that not enough feedback has been given? EE has been on the comparison charts for well over a year.

Finally, this thread has been around longer than you have been a member of MSE and it started out as a balanced feedback thread.

Perhaps you and your co-moaning minnies should have started your own "whinging feedback only" thread.:)
  • fussypensioner
    You're just making it up as you go along.

How do you know Biggles is made of sterner stuff and how do you know he/she is happy for the wrong reasons?

You say "There are plenty of people unhappy on here"; yes about 20-30 which represents 0.0075% of EE's 400,000 customers.

You say: "The reason EE are showing 5* is because not enough feedback has been given with regard to customer service" How do you know that not enough feedback has been given? EE has been on the comparison charts for well over a year.

Finally, this thread has been around longer than you have been a member of MSE and it started out as a balanced feedback thread.

Perhaps you and your co-moaning minnies should have started your own "whinging feedback only" thread.:)

This is the last time I will reply to you.

If you search on websites e.g. Which? you will see that because EE are new they have not been able to gather enough feedback, including MSE. One complainant tweeted Martin a while back and pointed out these complaints but again they said it was early days. This is the risk you take with a new company. If you read Biggles post he is happy because EE owe him money, so he doesn't care about not having a bill "I'm quite happy, as I'm getting cheap energy and they are owed by me, not vice versa."
    you are failing to understand why the rest of us are not happy.

When customers first started switching to EE it WAS a balanced feedback thread, they offered the cheapest energy so everyone switched, but they could not cope, AND when I have spoken to them on the phone they have admitted to being behind with the billing. They owe people money which is quite worrying especially if it is a lot of money. You do not have any empathy with the "moaning minnies" which leads me to believe that you are a secret employee of Extra Energy.
  • Catslovelycats
    Catslovelycats Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tuggy12 i really don't think you understand the frustration some of us feel, or the difficulties some of us have with EE or you wouldn't be so dismissive. Many of us are in credit to this company despite having just come oyt of winter. Like me, people here don't have the spare cash to be able to throw at EE unnecessarily and are rightly aggrieved that our questions and problems are being ignored by theM. By all means post your positive comments but don't belittle the problems of those of us with genuine longstanding concerns.
  • chas1999
    chas1999 Posts: 97 Forumite
    according to the comparison site "Energyhelpline.com" have a 5* rating, so I don't think EE will be too concerned if the 20-30 moaning minnies, who are posting here ad nauseam, leave to go elsewhere.:)
    I looked this up it was so hard to believe but it's true.

However the site says "The service ratings take into consideration a number of factors. A proportion is made up of Ofgem statistics for the number of customer complaints received. In addition to this we look at the availability and access hours to a customer service call centre and the availability and functionality of the supplier’s website for information and online billing.

The service ratings were last updated in November 2014."

EE have not being going long so I expect there would be very few complaints to Nov 2014. I bet it's different now.

CS hours and availability are good. My experience backs that up. However the quality of that service does not seem to be included in EHL's criteria.

Website Availablity & Functionality? No complaints about Availability, but Functionality, well that's not good and hasn't changed since April last year. EHL are probably giving an allowance for a new-start company.

Perhaps EHL should add a similar disclaimer to the one on the MSE Energy Club pages.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I said customers on this forum are sick and tired of EE, if you are not and you are happy, why are you on this forum?
    Er, because I'm an Extraenergy customer? This is the thread whose title requests people to 'add feedback on EE'. isn't it? That's all I'm doing. It doesn't say 'only unhappy ones'.

I know how much my fuel costs, I know how much I'm paying them (which is a bit less than it costs, annualised). I don't want a bill and I certainly don't want a relationship with them.

Sure, if the time comes to leave (I do keep a check on comparative costs but I can't really beat them for the moment) and they haven't got their systems sorted out it might be a pain but I'll meet that at the time.

In the meantime, I'll continue to report how I'm finding them, if that's OK with you.
    ;-)
  • fussypensioner
    Biggles wrote: »
    Er, because I'm an Extraenergy customer? This is the thread whose title requests people to 'add feedback on EE'. isn't it? That's all I'm doing. It doesn't say 'only unhappy ones'.

I know how much my fuel costs, I know how much I'm paying them (which is a bit less than it costs, annualised). I don't want a bill and I certainly don't want a relationship with them.

Sure, if the time comes to leave (I do keep a check on comparative costs but I can't really beat them for the moment) and they haven't got their systems sorted out it might be a pain but I'll meet that at the time.

In the meantime, I'll continue to report how I'm finding them, if that's OK with you.
    ;-)

But your feedback is not about EE and you are not reporting about how you are finding them, you are just denigrating customers comments about their unhappy experiences with EE.
  • when I got my final (and the only bill I have ever had) from Extra Energy I thought that was the end of the relationship I had with them. It had taken 4 months to provide a final bill and i rang and told them I would pay the £14.45 I owed them by bank transfer. They confirmed that they were going to cancel the £50 early termination fees.

Last Friday I logged into my account to see if the payment I had made had been allocated to the account. The payment had been allocated, but instead of refunding the cancellation fees they were applying for DD of £518 on 20 April, despite my having cancelled the DD with my bank in early November. I rang Extra Energy, on Friday morning, to be informed that my complaint handler does not work and weekends and no one else could speak to me about it.

As you can appreciate I am very angry to say the least, this company really are beyond a joke. Despite being assured that they would not ask for the money from my bank there is no way they are getting any money from me as I do not owe them any money.
  • Onbudsman
    Onbudsman Posts: 126 Forumite
    chas1999 wrote: »
    Moaning Minnies eh!. So you think waiting nearly 4 months for the return of a £200 overpayment is trivial. And still waiting. Interesting name you go by. Appropriate. You might change your mind should you choose to leave.

Yep we are just moaning minnies aint we! :grouphug:

Being lied to, agreements not being setup, calls not being returned, emails not being returned, complaints not being resolved, 6 month bills not being produced and the list goes on over the last 75 pages of mostly complaints!

Tuggy12 > please let us all know once you leave. In actual fact please feel free to increase your Direct Debit a couple of months before leaving so that you are plenty in credit.
    It does seem to be the only working function on the EE website so you can update there.

We will await your update once you have your monies returned.

EE staff are polite so I agree, its not always about the negatives. But EE are useless at the moment and I have personally had to do far to much messing about to get what was necessary and fair.

I dont think my complaint will even be replied too to be honest.

I will be leaving in debit in August so hey ho, if I dont get a bill EE wont get paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure