Comments

• Sandybanks
    Sandybanks Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    From my experience I would only use them if
    1) You have lots of spare time on your hands to deal with problems
    2) Read & photograph each monthly reading before submitting it
    3) Know your legal rights and are experienced at complaining
    4) Are not suffering from stress or a heart condition.

At best you will only be with them for 12 months as the next contract/price they offer you will be completely uncompetitive. Worst supplier I have dealt with to date.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 July 2017 at 1:55PM
    Phaeton wrote: »
    April 2017 I received a bill stating I owed them £195, many arguments later including where they claimed they were not bound by the 2009?? Energy Commision policy of having to produce the final bill within 12 months, also refusing to provide a letter of deadlock, I have finally received an email stating that the final bill has been withdrawn & I owe them nothing.

Suppliers are not obliged to issue deadlock letters
    Infact, if a supplier does issue a deadlock letter, they have effectively failed as they should be striving to come to a satifactory resolution.

It appears on this occassion, Extra Energy have now reached that satisfactory resolution with you, so you seem to be a lucky one
    (or perhaps, Extra Energy are getting better? Too late for me if they are)
  • Phaeton
    Phaeton Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    footyguy wrote: »
    Suppliers are not obliged to issue deadlock letters
    Infact, if a supplier does issue a deadlock letter, they have effectively failed as they should be striving to come to a satifactory resolution.
    If that is correct & you cannot approach the Ombudsman without one, or at least they will expect one, how can you proceed, I thought that was the purpose of a deadlock letter.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Phaeton wrote: »
    If that is correct & you cannot approach the Ombudsman without one, or at least they will expect one, how can you proceed, I thought that was the purpose of a deadlock letter.

What I posted is correct.

It is not correct to assume you cannot approach the Ombudsman without one - you can once you have provided the supplier 8 weeks to resolve your complaint.

The deadlock letter is simply a process to allow a complainant to ask the ombudsman to assist prior to the 8 weeks having expired i.e. when a supplier having fully investigated the complaint believes there is no realistic chance of them satisfactorily resolving the complaint the customer has raised.
  • I've been with extra energy for 18 months. Paid last bill in may so up to date but just noticed a payment of £136.00 taken from my account in June and all it states is 'outgoing DTAUS'. Can anyone tell me what this means?
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    millarbh wrote: »
    I've been with extra energy for 18 months. Paid last bill in may so up to date but just noticed a payment of £136.00 taken from my account in June and all it states is 'outgoing DTAUS'. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Your advance notice should indicate what this relates to.

No advance notice? Then use the DD guarantee.
  • They gave me a good deal in the first year . But contacting them is DIFFICULT. They want 6? items of identification from you before they will talk to you. I told them the name of my mother's cat in the end ! JOKE!
    They misled me on renewal! Last year on renewal they deceived me into thinking their renewal price was about the same as before as it was on the front of the letter and I didn't read it in full as I was very busy and later when I did I realised that they had put the renewal prices on the REAR of the letter and it went from 6p a day to £1.25!!!!! standing charge and a 30% increase in the unit rate. By then it was too late to cancel so I was signed up for another year without recourse to cancel. Not even a cooling off period! Is this legal?
    How CAN this be legal? I didn't agree to it yet I'm bound by it.
    After a full year which ends on 2nd (electricity) and the 7th September(Gas) I am now 7th August 2017 trying to change supplier and Extra Energy have refused to allow my new suppliers to change saying that the change over date has to be the 1st September thus causing unnecessary paperwork and hassle. British gas who have given me a GOOD price even with this 10% rise tell me that this is illegal to refuse to allow a change within 40odd days of the contract end. Is this true and if so then can I report Extra Energy for breaking the Law.
    Then their retention team rang me offering me BIG discounts oblivious to the fact that they has screwed me last year so I told them I'd rather take a blowtorch to my nether regions then stay with them even if they cheaper AND refunded me the extra £600 they charged me last year.
    A happy contented customer? No!
  • Hi Peeps,
    just done some trawling through the feedback and taken all comments on board. A higher price is all about peace of mind. Therefore I will not be spending time with Extra Energy.
  • pursuing me for £12.99 paid on time (confirmed by Extra Energy) yet still CRS are chasing me. 10 phone calls and numerous emails and they still cannot get it right. These are the worst people I have had to deal with (although TalkTalk run them close). I will never use them again and hope to put off as many people as I can from doing so. It is a disgraceful way to operate and seems largely to affect leavers. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID
  • Also Daily telegraph article of 22 July 2017 ("Jessica" where a couple were hounded for £83.52 in the same manner - it seems not even bad publicity wakes up these dodo's - and we know what happened to that species!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure