Calling time on PIP

Comments

• bigbulldog wrote: »
    Please please don't as I don't think there is anybody interested in what you have to say and post.......

Also no evidence in the past 6 years your not that bad then are you just another fraud trying it on and getting everything they can Because they can.

I suppose the AA claim will be given to the grand children as well.

OK, that is your opinion, maybe one day you will get a message like that telling you that no one is interested in your problems either.

Not everyone continually sees their consultants. There does come a time when they have done all they can and it's up to me to cope the best way that I can. I would suggest you try telling other people that have mental health difficulties that if they aren't seeing their psychiatrist on a weekly basis then there can be nothing wrong with them. I wonder what replies you would get.

If I did get an award then no I would not pass it all on to the children. As explained in the past, with DLA all I really was interested in was the automatic Blue Badge and the free car tax.
    The Blue Badge could be done via a direct claim to the council and I would retain the £500 a year for car tax out of the award. Whatever is left after paying that, then yes I would give it to the children.
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 3:10PM
    teddysmum wrote: »
    AA seems harder to get, anyway. For instance the other benefits consider whether you have problems preparing meals, but AA seems to just consider your ability to feed yourself a meal, so hard luck if the preparation is the difficult part.

I have never had a problem in preparing or cooking a meal. I have always been the one to do the cooking especially the one off specials - I was a better cook than my wife. Now we find it easier to buy in chilled ready meals from M&S each week. One of my problems around food is being able to eat it.

As for why I received DLA. The care element centred almost entirely around mental health difficulties and the mobility element centred mostly around spinal injuries.

As for Attendance Allowance being harder to get an award, that is the decision that the DWP have to make. I can only report how my disabilities affect my life.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    OK, that is your opinion, maybe one day you will get a message like that telling you that no one is interested in your problems either.

Not everyone continually sees their consultants. There does come a time when they have done all they can and it's up to me to cope the best way that I can. I would suggest you try telling other people that have mental health difficulties that if they aren't seeing their psychiatrist on a weekly basis then there can be nothing wrong with them. I wonder what replies you would get.

If I did get an award then no I would not pass it all on to the children. As explained in the past, with DLA all I really was interested in was the automatic Blue Badge and the free car tax.
    The Blue Badge could be done via a direct claim to the council and I would retain the £500 a year for car tax out of the award. Whatever is left after paying that, then yes I would give it to the children.

Who said anything about weekly basis.??????,so NOW your saying you have mental health issues along with everything else you claim to have,but it does not stop you from lifting a heavy mobility scooter onto the back seats of your prestige car and being clever enough to take up 2 normal parking spaces when there isn't a disabled space available just so your car does not get damaged.
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lets go back a couple of months....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5586548

No need for a BB, wife has one, this is the wife who actually drives the prestige car and picks it, the wife who is so crippled with arthritis she swallows pills by the dozen on a daily basis and already has aids to get her in and out of the the bath. You also mention paying £10 a month for a private health care line to a GP so I'm not sure why you didn't get this GP to file papers on your mental health.

One thing for sure you say you get confused yet are happy enough to spend hours on here very lucidly posting about your problems but can't fill in a form or indeed read one. Oh and don't forget about being deaf in both ears and having earing aids which you suddenly remembered recently.

BS, all of it.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    Who said anything about weekly basis.??????,so NOW your saying you have mental health issues along with everything else you claim to have,but it does not stop you from lifting a heavy mobility scooter onto the back seats of your prestige car and being clever enough to take up 2 normal parking spaces when there isn't a disabled space available just so your car does not get damaged.

I will repeat again, we did consider a mobility scooter but given the difficulties it would have caused, as you have pointed out, we never went ahead with the purchase.
    Not now, but always have said that mental health difficulties are in play and have been in play for many years. Hence the evidence, albeit now a little old, and the medication that was originally prescribed by my psychiatrist and continues to be prescribed by my GP.

Of course my wife takes up two spaces where practical. Given that we spend a considerable amount of money on buying our cars I would prefer that to protect it from the oiks that get pleasure out of damaging other people's property my wife does as much as she can to avoid that happening - I think most people would when they have a car costing in excess of £50,000 In fact our current vehicle when new cost £51,000!
  • bigbulldog
    Now we find it easier to buy in chilled ready meals from M&S each week. One of my problems around food is being able to eat it.

As for why I received DLA. The care element centred almost entirely around mental health difficulties and the mobility element centred mostly around spinal injuries.

Compos mentis enough to go to M&S for your ready meals instead of your normal supermarket.

Spinal injuries yer right coming from someone that lifts a heavy Motability scooter onto the back seats of a car via a small gap.
  • bigbulldog
    I will repeat again, we did consider a mobility scooter but given the difficulties it would have caused, as you have pointed out, we never went ahead with the purchase.
    Not now, but always have said that mental health difficulties are in play and have been in play for many years. Hence the evidence, albeit now a little old, and the medication that was originally prescribed by my psychiatrist and continues to be prescribed by my GP.

Of course my wife takes up two spaces where practical. Given that we spend a considerable amount of money on buying our cars I would prefer that to protect it from the oiks that get pleasure out of damaging other people's property my wife does as much as she can to avoid that happening - I think most people would when they have a car costing in excess of £50,000 In fact our current vehicle when new cost £51,000!

A £50k car.

And you have the bloody nerve to try and blag pip and now AA.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It was made quite clear to me that if I attempted to challenge what was stated on the PIP2 as being the truth and full facts then the difficulties would become unsurmountable.
    Bu we don't know what is on your PIP2... and neither do you unless you've got a copy recently supplied to you. For all I know you may have made a solid case for significant relevant disabilities in PIP2 that repeated at tribunal could be compelling without any contradictory evidence such as in the form of a face to face medical report (which we know does not exist). The assumption is the PIP2 is dreadful and the DWP have utilised it to deny you PIP... but that's not necessarily so.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • cbrown372 wrote: »
    Lets go back a couple of months....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5586548

No need for a BB, wife has one, this is the wife who actually drives the prestige car and picks it, the wife who is so crippled with arthritis she swallows pills by the dozen on a daily basis and already has aids to get her in and out of the the bath.
    Correct. She was awarded her BB by the council. Yes she is the only driver, I can't drive due to one of my conditions, the type of drugs that I am on and last had a valid licence in 1998. Yes she is on various items of medication, pain relief, water retention, sleeping tablets etc etc. Yes her main problem is Arthritis and she does have a aid to help her get into and out of the bath supplied by Social Services.

You also mention paying £10 a month for a private health care line to a GP so I'm not sure why you didn't get this GP to file papers on your mental health.
    Google 'Benenden Healthcare to find out what it covers and how much we pay.

One thing for sure you say you get confused yet are happy enough to spend hours on here very lucidly posting about your problems but can't fill in a form or indeed read one.
    Yes quite happy, it is the highlight of my day. But no, I don't really understand how PIP works and what to show on the form so needed help.

Oh and don't forget about being deaf in both ears and having earing aids which you suddenly remembered recently.
    Yes hearing aids in both ears. Consequently with those my hearing loss is not a disability - maybe they are aids, but certainly not a disability that needs reporting to the DWP. Besides which I can probably hear better now than I have ever done - the magic of them is wonderful.

BS, all of it.
    Your opinion and given that you have never offered any advice or help (which is the purpose of this forum), what you think is of no concern to me.
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 6:09PM
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    A £50k car.

And you have the bloody nerve to try and blag pip and now AA.

If I am entitled to make a claim according to the Regulations, then it is right that I should make that claim (as per advice from AgeUK)
    How much capital we have, the type of car we own, what our annual income is or indeed how much equity we have in our home has no connection with either PIP or AA.
    Both of those benefits are not means tested.

So yes, if I am entitled to claim I will do so and it is none of your business. And I forgot to mention that the car has a private number plate on it that signifies that it is my wife's car and she is driving it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure