PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    Some interesting sale ad amendments to try and get this one sold. It's been on for most of 2016 under a different ad completely too. I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of the sellers:

Ok, we got a dodgy home report that says we're worth £450k, so let's be sensible and list it at offers over £425k.
    It's been 3 months now... what do we do? Ah, why not bring it down to o/o £389k.
    Hrm... no bites?
    Anyone?
    *months later*
    Reluctantly, let's pop it down to £359k. Maybe we'll get some poor people who like it so much they'll borrow more and buy it.
    Okay, so that didn't work. Maybe a fixed price will help. Let's be sensible and list at £450k.
    Must be a slow market, ok then, offers over £395k, last chance. First to see will buy!!!
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61762163.html

Not to mention that every other family home in this region sells within a week usually!

Issues according to me
    . Five bed - just a shower room
    . Awful decor - such as the top wallpaper in pics 7 and 8 - why choose brown when got minty green furniture and the shiny floral wallpaper with red paint below (pic 9)
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's just priced wrongly. To me (from knowing the area well) it's a £325-350k house.
  • clint_S
    clint_S Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Some interesting sale ad amendments to try and get this one sold. It's been on for most of 2016 under a different ad completely too. I'm just trying to figure out the mindset of the sellers:

Ok, we got a dodgy home report that says we're worth £450k, so let's be sensible and list it at offers over £425k.
    It's been 3 months now... what do we do? Ah, why not bring it down to o/o £389k.
    Hrm... no bites?
    Anyone?
    *months later*
    Reluctantly, let's pop it down to £359k. Maybe we'll get some poor people who like it so much they'll borrow more and buy it.
    Okay, so that didn't work. Maybe a fixed price will help. Let's be sensible and list at £450k.
    Must be a slow market, ok then, offers over £395k, last chance. First to see will buy!!!

Not to mention that every other family home in this region sells within a week usually!

Surely this is a four bed not a five bed? And what make a detached house a villa? Looking at houses around the area closer to £350K should be the price
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    Options
    clint_S wrote: »
    And what make a detached house a villa?

A pretentious owner.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/villa
  • Rain_Shadow
    Rain_Shadow Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    clint_S wrote: »
    Surely this is a four bed not a five bed? And what make a detached house a villa? Looking at houses around the area closer to £350K should be the price

Being located in Scotland. It's a common description there.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
  • Fuzzyness
    Fuzzyness Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options

Hrm... no bites?
    Anyone?
    *months later*

i put it down to the questionable wall paper in pics 7 and 9.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fuzzyness wrote: »
    i put it down to the questionable wall paper in pics 7 and 9.

Quite difficult to steam off. So, you'd need to adjust the valuation to allow for that.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »

Another house I really like. You guys are totally ace at picking them!
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »

I think they should have hidden the bottles of Ribina and Robinsons squash in the drinks cabinet:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure