PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Friday 6th December 2013

Comments

• Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The lindt one is lovely this year and DD has the Th0rntons one x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • tru wrote: »
    Yes! I have the snowman. There's not much variety in the choc shapes, is there? :D
    Overall, I'm not impressed this year :rotfl:
    But the knitted effect is good :D

I have the snowman too! BF has the santa. No, you're right the variety isn't too great, but it's nice to have a bit of dairy milk every day!!
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning all,

On my non-chocolate calendar yesterday - a pudding, today some silver bells.

Just had my injection in a hurry as I didn't want to be doing it when the delivery arrived - it is scheduled between 8.30 - 11.30, and I thought sod's law wd kick in as soon as I was sitting there with trousers at half mast and a needle discharging slowly into my leg. Of course, there's no sign of a van now. Fridge comes this morning, and the freezer between 12.00 and 4.00. So, I'm under house arrest and will be wrapping gifts and writing a few letters.

Maybe I'll go to the local "Carol Aid" tonight and there's a Christmas market tomorrow - so it's all starting here! I also need to set up and sort out the freezer/fridge contents swap.

Dinner tonight will be something that I spot from the freezer.

Have a lovely day all x
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Morning Everyone x

My relaxing day was lovely yesterday, I had a friend with her 2 year old visit. All in all a nice day :)

Today I have washing (4 loads) and the food shop this morning. I have a visitor this afternoon, the DS has a friend over for dinner. So after making a loaf of bread I need to make pizza dough, but DH said he'll make dinner for us all :D

Thinking of buying the tree tomorrow :)

Hope everyone has a great day x

Molly, nice to see you x
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 December 2013 at 10:11AM
    tru wrote: »
    Yes! I have the snowman. There's not much variety in the choc shapes, is there? :D
    Overall, I'm not impressed this year :rotfl:
    But the knitted effect is good :D
    Molly41 wrote: »
    The lindt one is lovely this year and DD has the Th0rntons one x

DDs have the Lindt one and it seems lovely , I have the thorntons one , I'm not really enjoying the chocolate in it either :(

In my calendar today Xmas pressie :D

molly it's lovely to see you on here , I'm glad you feeling a bit better xx

redruby positive thoughts for your mums dog (((hugs))) to your mum xx

jacks mummy glad you are feeling better x

glitterkitty nice to see you back x

Day off today , no plans for anything although things need doing I'm not feeling it today , so if I don't want to do anything I won't :D

Have a good day everyone xx

Edited to add: RIP Nelson Mandela
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all,

Redruby, hope the dog gets better lots of positive vibes x
    Molly good luck today x
    Camelot hope it went well despite the weather

Hugs for the poorlies x

It sounds like lots of people have suffered in this bad weather. It was very windy here, and we lost a couple of fence panels. Stay safe and well.
    I tried to manage without pain killers last night but had to get up at 2 ish and take two. Still not healed but better every day .
    Off the retail park this morning, need a few bits.
    Then hubby needs some parts and has one job to do. Then we will food shop and back home to put it away.
    Out early with friends tonight for a Christmas meal which should be nice.
    Better go and put some make up on I don't want to scare anyone:eek:
    Have a great day x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the congrats to DD.

Redruby, fingers crossed for the dog, we have lost my father and a much loved dog this year and it's been very hard.

Molly, glad to hear you're feeling better.

I'm feeling a bit meh for some reason. Usually at this time of year I'm raring to get the decs up and have a festive house but I'm not feeling it this year. DD has given me a long list (she doesn't expect everything, she just likes a bit of a surprise so if she lists a lot she doen't know quite what she's getting, just that she'll like it) but I can't be bothered to look at it yet.

Sorry for the moan, I know lots of you have far worse problems.
  • Morning all
    I hope that no one has been too badly affected by the floods and wind.
    Dry here so I have washed all the towels that I found on the floor in the bathroom :mad: and they are on the line, bedding is in the machine now. Hopefully it will dry on the line and I wont have to have it on the airers all over the house.

Housebound today, have the sky engineer coming any time between 8am and 5pm, I really hate having to stay in all day waiting for someone to arrive.

Torchlight procession tonight when all the schools parade through town carrying candles and there are Christmas Carols and Santa for the littlies in the town square, then the tree is officially lit.

Molly glad to hear that you are feeling better x

Ruby I hope the little dog is ok, your poor Mum must be so worried and upset give her a (((Hug))) from me.

Sad news about Nelson Mandela may he rest in peace.

The machine has just finished so I had better go and peg the washing out.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 December 2013 at 11:36AM
    Morning all,

Glitterkitty, good to see you back.

Redruby hope all goes well with your Mums dog.

Molly sending more good vibes your way.

Ive been messaging my daughter in South Africa today. They had been dreading the death of Nelson Mandela because of the impact it would have on the country as a whole. I suggested it might be a good idea to think about coming home (her partner has a British passport) but she said they wouldn't even consider it until Soldiers adoption comes through. Fortunately they have only two babies in the baby house at the moment the others have been adopted but I did suggest they didn't take on any more until they know whats going on with the country as a whole.

I mentioned her situation to hubby last night. I should have known better.:(

Anyway, half way through my list of jobs for today. Not sure what I am doing for tea... probably salmon.

Hope no one was affected by the floods overnight. Looks like its still not over.

Have a good day all.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning,only just I know,

The wind has died down a good bit here but its cold.I took Lylapup out for a quick walk this morning but had to stay in sight of the house cos I'm waiting for a parcel too ButterflyBrain.Its got quite a few of the Grandkids bits and pieces in so dont want to miss it.Hopefully I'll be able to wrap some stuff later.

Feeling tired today,DH hasnt been going to his 'quiz night' for weeks since he's been doing the job which needs him to set off an hour and a half earlier than normal,but decided to make the effort last night,so we were a good bit later going to bed and it was hard getting up this morning-pass the matchsticks please someone :D
    I had a busy afternoon too as Dil2b brought the new baby and we went out for a coffee,then back and made the tea for everyone.They left about 8 to drop DGD back at her Mummys,DS1 dropped DH off at the pub and I had some time to myself for once :j All I did was watch I'm a celeb though ;)
    Yay,delivery has just been so I can go out now if I want.Tea tonight is a small ys lamb joint,but chicken pieces for DS1.I've got 2 lots of hm soup in the fridge for lunch,butternut squash or chicken & veg.
    Camelot-hope the house move went ok in the end,good luck in your new home.
    Ruby-hope Mums dog is ok,what a shame :(
    Molly,glad you're having your transfusion as it always seems to make you feel a lot better-hugs.
    Judi-hope DD is ok.
    Julie hope your mouth heals soon.

Ok off to heat some of that soup up.Have a good day all x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure