Shredding lbs and £'s in 2013....

Comments

• Choc-addict
    Choc-addict Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Morning!

Have spent the morning before work looking at figures and potentially (pending overtime opportunities) I could clear 3 debts in full by the end of April and in turn save a massive £270 per month on outgoings!!!

I need to sit down and work it out properly but my aim is to do this as it'll be a fab start to the NY and achieving my goals.

Todays aims -
    • eat well
    • 30 mins exercise
    • list debts those cleared adn not on diary
    • sort some of spare room
    I'm working until 6:30pm this evening so it doesn't allow for much time but think I can fit the above in.
  • Choc-addict
    Didn't get as much as I would have liked done yesterday. Time just flew away!

Anyhow, today...already....

- packed away dishes and cleared kitchen
    - taken dog on half hour walk (30mins exercise)
    - made bed
    - had breakfast (special k)

Now just sitting with a cuppa and will then go and start clearing some of the spare room and put the xmas decorations up in the loft.

May have a friend coming around later. I'll prob go for a run too :)
  • Choc-addict
    OK.....entire house has been decluttered and cleaned/hoovered etc etc :j:j:j

Now just have to keep it like that and somewhen attempt to get up into the loft to sort all the 'decluttering' that I have done. I.e....if hasn't a spot it goes in the loft ;)

I am working overtime tomorrow (minimum 6hrs) so may go up there after i've finished to make a start. Perhaps handpick anything I can grab that can go to the charity shop. It's a start! :rotfl:

Have a friend coming round in a mo for the afternoon/eve. We're aiming for a run and perhaps a bit of food shopping as I have some to get as does she.

All is good in the choc household :D xx
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well done Choc,

I am about to finish downstairs today.

I have gone as far as de-cluttering any bent paper-clips or pens with fading ink :D

About to tackle under the stairs!

I hope you enjoy your run xx
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Choc-addict
    Hey OF - that is impressive decluttering of the bent paperclips!!!!! :rotfl:

Today I have worked overtime, although only 2 hours as we've system problems. Still that's 2 hours pay I didn't have beofore :)

Managed a 2.5mile run yesterday so i'm really pleased with that and jumped on scales this morning and i've lost 3lbs already! Although I know most of that is prob just the weight put on over xmas and NY with rubbish eating. Still a loss is a loss and I intend to keep it up.

Moneywise nothing to report - just spending as little as possible until payday on 15th.

Rest of today will be a little chilling and I may venture up into the loft to see what I can de-clutter for charity up there and hopefully clear some space.

Choc x
  • Choc-addict
    Well i'm back from a break from MSE. Well actually not MSE in particular but computers/online chatting etc....much needed. However, i'm ready to go back to my diary and focus on money (not that I haven't been ;) ) and get sorted.

I will pop back later with updated figures and update my signature when I get chance to check the balances properly. Hubby and I are on a mission to make every penny count between now and June and then re-evaluate things then.

Feb payday (15th) should see me clearing another debt in full which I am really pleased about and then hopefully April for another.

Right, off to get get focused, balance etc and I will pop on tomorrow morning and start afresh after my mini online holiday ;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Sometimes having a wee break is good :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Choc-addict
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sometimes having a wee break is good :grin:

It is indeed beanielou!
  • Choc-addict
    It's nice to be back :D

Total debt updated, looking good :D

Weight loss updated, also looking good :D

Have a good day all xx
  • Choc-addict
    edited 7 February 2013 at 4:30PM
    Here are a list of my short term goals (half year) to take me to July 2013. I'm noting on here so I can refer back to them and cross off as I go.
    1. Clear Vigin CC in full (currently £920.09)
    2. Clear Halifax CC in full (currently £1091.38)
    3. Clear Egg CC in full (currently £1045.89)
    4. Weigh 9st 7lbs and maintain it (unless we're lucky enough to fall pregnant!)
    5. Have 1k in savings account for misc spends/holidays
    6. Continue to pay minimum monthly payments on all other debts as well as the above.
    So six fairly simple goals in that they are straightforward. Not so simple in that I now need to focus hard on the money side of things and see what I can do.

I will keep revisiting these and update as I go along. Nice to have them noted and some clear goals in sight :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure