First ever item not received from seller

Options
Wig
Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
DVD £5 bought 04/06/17, estimated delivery 08/06/17 - 09/06/17
Not received. showing as dispatched.
I just got back from 2 weeks holiday today Sunday 25/06/17
I was thinking it was not going to arrive when I went away on holiday.
Not a mega-seller, only 372 ratings. (me 70 ratings)

This has only happened to me once before, I was sent the wrong dvd by one of the mega-sellers, when I reported it up on the ebay "I did not receive my item" ebay instantly gave me a refund with no input from the mega-seller, and told me I could keep the wrong dvd for my trouble. I suspect this is set up automatically by the mega-sellers as a customer service thing. I am guessing that when I do the same with this item from an independant seller ebay will not be giving me the same message? (That time I received the wrong item, this time is the first time I got nothing)

When I click on "I did not get my item" it says if you do not get it resolved within 8 days then let us know.... it says my options are
  • I want the item
  • I want a refund
As this is a used item the seller should only have one, and if posted, they will not still have it to give to me. But if they made a mistake and find they have not sent it, then ok..

What do I do?
Should I use the above form and click "refund" and explain, happy to be sent the item if you still have it...
OR
Should I just use the "contact seller, ask seller a question about item"
and ask informally for a item or refund?

I am just thinking that using the form "straight off the bat" may be "not the done thing" a sort of ebay bad manners if you like.

So what should I do? and do I give pos neutral or negative feedback when I get my item or refund? I am thinking, if it is resolved quickly I will give positive feedback. But I will be fuming if the seller relists the item in the next 2 months, because I was the only bidder, they may be thinking "I am not going to sell it for that much".

Thanks

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It doesn't really matter what you do, open an INR and state you would like the item (or a refund). I understand the seller may not be able to provide a replacement, but in truth eBay cases don't take that into account. Ultimately the seller must refund if they don't have tracking or a POD showing delivery.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Stop agonising. It's just a cheap DVD. Contact the seller and ask for a refund, either by messaging via ebay or opening an INR.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Click item not received and open a case. Seller will either upload tracking or I assume as its RM letter post will just refund you as it appears to have been lost in post (why do you suspect your seller of underhand dealings!) Your seller is going to wonder why you have taken so long to contact them to report it missing so a message that you have been away might be appreciated. Please stop being so suspicious of sellers, I'm a seller and I can assure you the majority of us are decent and cases where item go missing in the post are as unwelcome to us as they are to the buyer. Just pay a little extra for tracked postage in future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure