Can anything be done about CAPTCHA?

maman
maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
One day last week I started getting the CAPTCHA 'I'm not a robot?' screen when posting on mse. I know I'm not the only one as another poster asked about the same problem on another thread.

Looking at my history I'm obviously not a spammer so no idea why.

It's incredibly irritating and if I forget to do copy and paste the post can be lost (and we all know how annoying that is!:mad:). I have to verify that I'm a human and sometimes it publishes my post first time, sometimes it doesn't.

I'd appreciate a response and an explanation please.

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    See also:

Techie Stuff Forum: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5600945

Competitions Time: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5602911

Has MSE engaged Cloudflare in the anti-spam war, and if so, can it be turned down a bit?
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I've had this for the last few days, it's driving me nuts. I always preview my posts, I have to tick the 'I am not a robot' thing. Then I submit the post and have to tick again then click all pictures of boats/houses/whatever.
    Bulletproof
  • maman
    I agree.

I'll keep bumping the thread in the hope that mse do us the courtesy of a response.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    maman wrote: »
    I agree.

I'll keep bumping the thread in the hope that mse do us the courtesy of a response.

hope they do reply/help maman,
    got to admit it's very annoying & time wasting on MSE
    when this keeps happening :(
    I visit lots of other sites & never have half the problems
    MSE seem to have.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 February 2017 at 7:31AM
    I agree.

Have you actually contacted MSE or just posted it on here ?

I assume you have filled out this :http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/faqs/is-the-issue-about-a-tool-on-the-site/
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Have you actually contacted MSE or just posted it on here ?

I assume you have filled out this :http://www.moneysavingexp/

That does not absolve MSE Admin of the need to reply to Users questions on their own "site feedback" board.

If they don't read this board then they might aswell delete it.
  • maman
    Wig wrote: »
    That does not absolve MSE Admin of the need to reply to Users questions on their own "site feedback" board.

Thanks for that. I did think sarah1972
    was a bit sharp but it's difficult to judge on boards.
    Happy to fill in one of the forms though.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Wig wrote: »
    Well, it would be nice if they read and acted even without replying.
    However, the main problem is that they read and ignore, often even if they reply.

This is a recent example: "Seven-day switching, one month on: Q&A" article

The incorrect information remains. And, although there is no any direct link on MSE to this article, it appears among top results of MSE or google searches.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 February 2017 at 7:37AM
    Thanks for that. I did think sarah1972
    was a bit sharp but it's difficult to judge on boards.
    Happy to fill in one of the forms though.

I didnt mean to be sharp by asking if they had already filled in the form or if what they had done so far was posting it on here ?

I was curious as to whether it hadn't been fixed even after the form had been filled out.

Sorry you feel that way maman,
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • maman
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    I didnt mean to be sharp by asking if they had already filled in the form or if what they had done so far was posting it on here ?

I was curious as to whether it hadn't been fixed even after the form had been filled out.

Sorry you feel that way maman,

No worries sarah , I think it's just the way that written posts can come across.:)

At your suggestion, I've now filled in the form so mse has no excuses for not knowing there's an issue.

I'm sure you'd agree with wig and grumbler that there's little point in having this thread if mse ignore it or respond with waffle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure