Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Still ill :( But getting better. Managed to get a couple of gentle runs in. Hoping to build up next week close to around 30 miles then get back to my usual 50 miles a week running.
    Just 13.1 miles to report this week.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Reporting in at the end of the 5th week 5 Feb 2017:

As of midnight last night, I have walked 507.91 km (315.6 miles) putting me 187.75 km (116.66 miles) ahead of schedule.

Keep on keeping on!
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    By the end of week 5 I have completed 116 miles against a plan of 96 for my 1000 miles this year. I also averaged 13,000 steps a day over the last week with only 1 day sub 10,000. I am flying off to sunnier climes on Friday so not sure how February will work out - I will make sure I keep moving but will be at the mercy of whatever our hosts have planned.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Fitbit report in and I have 38.97 miles to add for last week.

I had a couple of very lazy days so hoping to easily beat that this week.

Being in a weekly challenge on fitbit always motivates me to do more.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi all,
    Just registering my interest in this!

I started walking to aid weight loss last year and didn't really have a walking plan other than 'walk when ever possible to lose weight'... well it worked and I lost 4st! I started in May and did around 650 miles 'boots on' in total (I don't count general day to day walks, IE walking from the car to the office)

This year I continue with my weight loss (not really that much more to go after I burn off the 1st I put on over crimbo.... dam those mince pies!), but also have a target. Minimum of 1000 miles (so far, 72 miles ahead of my weekly minimum targets), but *aim* for 2000 miles. Quite a challenge this but I'm only 24 miles behind my weekly average so should be able to reduce that over the next few weeks.

Quite a task, but as long as I can keep above the minimum weekly average of ~38.5 to catch up on my deficit and build in a buffer for my 'off weeks' where mileage is limited for one reason or another, I do stand a chance of getting to it though. First couple of weeks were low mileage whilst I got back into it, but I seem to be doing 40+ a week now!

So far, at the end 5th Feb (week 5), I had completed 168.4 miles, including my first hill walk in a very long time (Rivington Pike then onto Winter Hill), hopefully building my strength up to take on more serious walking routes later in the year.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Hello SplanK and well done on the weight loss - wish I had your determination.:(
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    A different way to record weight loss!

http://www.eagl-s.co.uk/free-download

I don't think I'd have the patience, but for the artistic:p
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 February 2017 at 9:03PM
    2017 so far
    459,853 steps 852 floors 368.12 km 120,716 calories

2016 comparison
    320,517 steps 1412 floors 251.29 km 109,980 calories
  • End of week six and I've walked 39 miles this week. Only just on target but it has been freezing and rainy the last few days, the last 2 miles were done wearing a furry hat! So I'm happy with that.

That makes a 2017 total of 250 miles so far against a target of 231 so I'm officially 19 miles ahead of where I should be :)

I *think* I've lost a few lbs as well :)
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    SplanK wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just registering my interest in this!

I started walking to aid weight loss last year and didn't really have a walking plan other than 'walk when ever possible to lose weight'... well it worked and I lost 4st! I started in May and did around 650 miles 'boots on' in total (I don't count general day to day walks, IE walking from the car to the office)

Well done on the weight loss. I am also down considerably since becoming serious about exercise and my health in general. Amazing what we can accomplish when we put our minds to it. It is a really good feeling buying clothes that are several sizes smaller or buying clothes I would never have considered when I was obese/overweight.
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure