Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Good morning diary, it's an INSET day at school for report writing! I've done mine in my own time so today is a day to myself....well along with the iron! I have a big pile of ironing as didn't do any last weekend.

I've already made a lasagne for tea. Washed some bedding and now need to crack on with the ironing.

Another NSD for me I think. I put some stuff on eBay last night and I've got a few watchers. They are only listed for a couple of quid each but even if I get £10 for the lot it's better than nothing.

Talked to my boyfriend about being a bit more frugal. He books lots of gigs and theatre stuff which is great but I don't really budget for it so it adds to my overdraft. He understands and is going to be a bit more considerate now.

Child benefit goes in tomorrow and then maintenance from my ex husband next Monday. Payday isn't until the 29th....its been a long June.
  • louby40
    Evening

Busy day back at work. I got it wrong and child benefit doesn't go in until next Tuesday. Ooops! I'm just so keen to get paid and started with my new bank account, beginning to pay debts off and begin this journey I'm wishing the days away!

Yesterday was NSD2, I've been putting a black dot on the calendar in the kitchen to keep a record. Had to draw £20 out today as needed some cash to put towards a collection at work £5 and also needed to buy some things for school - which I'm going to claim back £7.79p. I don't often do this but I'm going to make myself now and get the money back if I can.

Chicken stir fry for tea. The locusts/boys were down and eating the minute I shouted them. My eldest DS has finished his GCSE's now so is at home all day. Which means there are no biscuits or cakes left and hardly any crisps or fruit! He's got a Saturday job but could really do with a holiday job to get him out of the house! Doubt that will happen though!

One week until payday!
  • louby40
    Well diary

A few more days closer to payday (maintennance goes in Monday & child benefit Tuesday) then payday Wednesday.

I want my maintenance/child benefit to pay off my current overdaft then my new bank account should be up and running by the end of next week. It will be tight and I will probably go into my new overdraft - which is free up to £250 - but at least it won't be overdrawn by £500 like this month. Well that's the plan.

I've sold £18 worth of CD's/DVD's on Money Magpie and put a bit of stuff on Ebay, sold something today for £30 and got other bits with a couple of bids.

But what has changed with me is how i'm thinking. I don't want to spend money on unneccesary stuff now. My mindset has changed.
  • louby40
    Up early today! Why is it I struggle to get up at 6.30 during the week but am wide awake at 6am on the weekend!!!
    Ahh well, the washer is on!

My OH bought some shopping this week, he spends loads of time here and his daughter stays here at the weekend too so he bought our groceries - so good of him!

I need to go out and buy some brown tape to package up my parcel which is going on Monday. I have a few things on eBay ending tomorrow so I need to be ready to post those on Monday.

I've been thinking ahead to July and what I need to buy/pay for:
    * €100 for my son as he's going to Paris with school
    * £60 for carpet fitting (bought carpet/vinyl before I got my MS head on
    * £30 on sun cream for 3 of us as we're on holiday in Spain at the end of July
    £20 on 2 gifts for the staff that work for me as a thank you (I've got a bottle of wine so that will go towards one)

I am sure there will be other things too. Annoyingly I'm away when we're paid for July. I pay need to draw some cash out whilst we're there and incur charges!
  • louby40
    Very small spend today at my local cheap shop (B & M), I had to buy some brown tape for my parcel 99p. That's all ready to go first thing on Monday.

I've just had a few more bids for stuff that's ending tomorrow and some furniture that's not ending until Thursday. Ebay is great until you have to start packaging and posting stuff. But if I can make a £100 it's all good.

I've done my food plan for the week:

Sun - chicken lunch
    Mon - chicken pasta bake
    Tues - DS prom night so a very quick tea - egg on toast probably before we're out
    Weds - boys with their dad and Zumba night so omelette and salad
    Thurs - chilli & rice
    Fri - picnic as we're out watching an outdoor theatre production

I need to give my son a bit of money towards drinks and a taxi on Tuesday. The prom has cost me and his dad about £400!! But that's probably quite cheap compared to the amount the parents of the girls have spent!!

So glad it's nearly payday! Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of my constant spiralling debt.
  • louby40
    Good morning

Busy morning so far. Load of washing done, dusted, hoovered, sorted out dry washing. Chicken in the oven and veg prepped.

Manhandled some furniture downstairs (I live in a 3 storey house) with my OH as someone has bid on it so that should hopefully be collected towards the end of the week. I have 11 things on Ebay with a few bids and a lot of watchers - although I know that doesn't mean anything until they actually bid.

I've completed some school stuff, planning and prepped an assembly for my class (I teach Reception and they're going to do their first ever assmbly for parents in 2 weeks - scary stuff).

Checked my banking and changed the names of some different savings accounts I have, ready to do a bit of piggybanking once I get paid. Think I might start a 52 week money challenge starting with £1 this week.

Ive made a list of things I know I've got to pay for during July, so I'm aware of them and can keep them in mind.

This afternoon I need to take some more pics of clothes to go on Ebay and tackle the massive pile of ironing that seems to get bigger by the day. My OH is here this weekend so we may watch a film later.

Today is definitely a NSD, don't need to go out plus the weather is rubbish. Two days till payday.:T

Don't understand why Ive got such massive gaps inbetween paragraphs???
  • kansaskitty
    kansaskitty Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Louby nice to read your debt free diary! I used to be an EYFS teacher before taking a break to be at home with my son. Me and hub have a loan to his parents which I am determined to clear by Christmas! Well done on changing to a Moneysaving mindset... It's so hard and we sometimes fall off the wagon!
    :heartsmil Stay-at-home-mummy of two, pinching the pennies but loving it! :heartsmil
    :grin:Spreadsheeter, piggybanker, envelope-system user!:grin:
    :exclamati Debt £1400/£6500 21.5% :exclamati
    :question: Emergency Fund £0/£500 0% :question:
  • louby40
    Hi Kitty

I love EYFS and have been teaching Reception for 5 years, but I'm going back into Y1 in September and taking my class with me. Looking forward to it.

Hard for you to give up such a good salary, but don't blame you. Very rewarding staying at home too. I'm definitely in the MSE frame of mind now.
  • louby40
    Good evening....60 minutes till the football kicks off!

Posted 4 parcels today of things I've sold on EBay. I've got another 11 items on there, just bits of clothes I don't wear anymore, plus a couple of pieces of furniture that I don't need since I've downsized.

I took my son to his friends so put £30 of petrol in my car and then nipped into Boots to buy some hair stuff, I used my points to buy it though. Then nipped into Morrisons for a jar of tea I drink and paid for it with coppers at the self checkout. I didn't realise it would take so long to put £1.38 in!! But I carried on lol. Don't think I'd do it on a Saturday morning with a massive queue behind me - next time I need to mix it up a bit! But I'm quite pleased with 2 'free' purchases.

I've started putting all my ins and outs into my spending app on my phone. I'm totally committed to this now and getting my debt down. I know it's not always going to be easy but I feel I'm off to a good start!
  • louby40
    Good morning...yawn

I've been awake for ages. My son had his prom last night and I heard him come home so didn't go back to sleep properly. Proud moment and happy memories made last night.

Lay awake thinking about my bank switch and how I've stupidly arranged it for the 4th July which means I've got to juggle money around as some DD will come out on Friday and some next week. Ahh well, hopefully it should all work out.

So this is it now, payday today and the start of my debt free journey. I'm quite excited!

I've got quite an expensive month so it's good that I've already started budgeting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure