Seller refuses to pay for return

Options
Hi,

I purchased a pair of jeans off ebay described as "in good condition", but when I got them the logo on one of the pockets made of beads was missing half of them, so I requested a return.

The seller refunded me the same day but refuses to pay for the return postage, although ebay says the seller must pay when the item is not as described.

I'm not sure what to do now, do I return them and hope she will pay when she gets them? She has 2 negative reviews on 2 similar cases, so I don't think she will pay but I shouldn't keep the jeans as I was refunded.

What can I do?

Thanks

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If she doesn't want them back that's up to her, you've been refunded issue resolved
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some sellers just refund because of the cost of paying for the return. Seems as though they don't want them back as glentoran says.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Salve your conscience by sending her a clear message saying you will happily return the jeans when you receive a reply-paid postage label. My guess is you'll hear no more.
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did you open a not as described case? If so, your seller has the choice of refunding without receiving item back, refunding when item is received back, or offering a partial refund. It sounds like she has refunded you and doesn't want them back as it will only cost her more money. She will already be out of pocket for the original postage, paying to get them back will just be more expenditure.

If you check your resolution case it should state what she agreed to, or in your Ebay messages, as you should've got a refund message. The return case should now be shown as closed.

Your seller sounds rather dim if it's happened previously, an honest description would've saved her a lot of hassle and expense.
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks I contacted her again saying I wasn't returning them without a return label and she finally told me to keep them, so case closed!

:)
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Too late now, but Paypal will pay for up to 12 returns a year up until the end of this year.

Google 'paypal funded returns' to opt in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure