Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I looked yesterday on laptop, the pictures are all listed, the Guinness was there but where it says redemptions remaining mine said 0 left.

So something has gone through even if it's not showing yet. Iyswim.

Hth.

Afternoon peeps.

this is significant progress as mine are still showing with the little one in the top right corner.
    I think if nothing happens today I am going to re upload in the morning
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Good morning Elite - I drove home from Hampshire yesterday, via Solstice Park near Stonehenge to pick up an emergency Rommie resscue foster doggie who will be staying with me while she is assessed and moved on to her new forever home. Emily is a little darling BUT at only 2 is still very puppy'ish so a lot more active and time consuming that my two oldies :eek: Plus I have to walk her, which I did manage OK actually yesterday. Must be the Naproxen I have started to take that's eased the pain in my right knee :j

During the night she slept in lounge OK but she did decide to gather up Millie's old toys which I had still lying around and she included my many stuffed toys from back edge of sofa :rotfl: So they are now in a bag in the bedroom out of her way. She hadn't chewed any of them, just gathered them up, bless her. I'll post a pic later. My two are still in boarding at moment

Snap and mhoc, I was so sad to hear about your sisters - my thought are with you both at this distressing time

And sad to hear your news too bubbs, but make the adjustments and follow all the advice from diabetes nurse and you will be OK. One of my friends Andy was diagnosed about a year ago and is fine. He just has to keep a check on his sugar levels and adjust eating accordingly. My friend I stayed with, Kit, is Type 1 diabetic, born with it and that is a different matter, but with type 2, you are sensible enough to deal with it. You don't have to give up everything sweet but just be sensible

Did I just put sensible and bubbs in the same sentence :p

Anyway, I have a shift at charity shop this afternoon. I'm taking Emily in with me as she needs to get used to new people (she has some fear aggression linked with people she doesn't know) so I'd best get a move on. Oh and I have a c&c order to pick up after shop, paid with my evouchers so only £1 cash to pay, all just normal shopping
    Awww another doggy:T:T
    Thanks i know i will as i am sensible :p:D:D:D:D
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Keep an eye out in Mr Shoes for RTC sun care as it goes through buy one get one half price :money:

EC919F68-D9C0-4BCF-9A9F-0F1B2AA3E6FE.jpg

Also quite a few tights/hold ups/knee highs etc were in clearance 75% off in my local.
    Morning

Just had a lovely shower with coconut os, always reminds me of holidays for some reason :)

Does DeeDee still post on here ? I have a question for you if you do :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day what ever they are doing :)

Can't be long now Di , you must be on tender hooks at the moment :) x

Hello :wave:
    Bargain:money: hope you are ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    bubbs wrote: »
    You can joing any list tweets:p:rotfl:

Its was just a shock as wasnt tested for this this came up as well as other crap:o
    But people are are lot worse off than me;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think it sort of creeps up on you so most people are unaware and its a bit of a shock when you get the diagnosis. The main thing is that you really have to start taking care of yourself - diet and exercise etc
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    Morning

Just had a lovely shower with coconut os, always reminds me of holidays for some reason :)

Does DeeDee still post on here ? I have a question for you if you do :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day what ever they are doing :)

Can't be long now Di , you must be on tender hooks at the moment :) x
    She did post a couple of weeks ago but not seen her since
    altojack wrote: »
    And me :D

Mr AJ is Type 2, was diagnosed afew years ago. In the beginning he stuck to what he was told and did very well. Lost weight by walking loads, cut out all sugary stuff. He has done very well, sugar levels very good now but he has a sweet tooth and loves cake.

Get levels down bubbs but don't go buying Diabetic Foods, waste of money. You can still bake and eat cake but in moderation, good luck :):)
    Thanks, no i wont by special anything, funnily enough like baking but dont eat much cake, its chocolate my downfall:o
    hey bubbs I was diagnosed diabetic type 2 a couple of years ago last year I was put on metformin and I lost a lot of weight(thru sickness) and my blood tests showed last week I am no longer diabetic although they are going to wean me off metformin slowly just in case it is only the metformin that is forcing it down - I was gutted when I was diagnosed but just little adjustments to my diet now and I feel so much better and don't feel the need to drink gallons anymore good luck on your journey hun and don't waste time worrying cos it won't change any outcome xxx

:T:T:TThats good news well done, i dont feel as if i have drank more as i have always drank alot, also pee alot:rotfl::rotfl:
    Did the metformin make you sick? hope you are better now xx that what im on 2 times a day
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    mhoc wrote: »
    afternoon all, more rain - please can everyone visualise 2 dry days for Sunday and Monday please for our bit of the wilds of Cheshire

Eldest childs best mate is flying in from the states overnight :j so it would be nice if it would just stop raining for a change, just for 2 days

There has been some intense house scrubbing over the last few days but at least we could get to the bits that needed scrubbing now that the decluttering is in full flow - you couldn't see the dining room table this morning so an extra trip to recycling was needed -aldi sized bag of books for the book bank, 2 baskets of the normal plastics/cans/bottles and 2 baskets of waste paper, huge box of plastic hangers (recently found out our Sainsbobs takes these) and a bag and box for the charity shop and an ebay parcel :D
    Yes I know all this activity is just a distraction technique so I dont dwell on the insoluble problems ...

Oh is not co operating - I had to point out to. him this morning 4 pairs of trousers and 5 shirts which were located in his floordrobe. so basically after work he has changed out of work suit into clean jeans and shirt and left yesterdays on the floor every single day :mad: He brought everything them downstairs to the family bathroom and dumped everything in the bath :mad: so he was advised that washing goes into the laundry bin - its a lot of effort to lift the lid of the laundry bin.
    A stand off will now ensue as I am not dealing with his washing until after the wedding, too much else to do this week.
    So now he will have to get shirts out of his wardrobe which he never usually goes into - always just wears whatever has just been laundered as its the least effort It could well be narnia in there with a lion and a which :rotfl:
    He WILL learn the floor is not a wardrobe :rotfl::rotfl:
    I think it sort of creeps up on you so most people are unaware and its a bit of a shock when you get the diagnosis. The main thing is that you really have to start taking care of yourself - diet and exercise etc

Doc said it could have been lying there for about 3 yrs but thinking about it i have had ALOT of blood tests this last year as dont know if you remember i had a bad stomach and couldnt eat, this is all since i packed in smoking and thought i would be healthier:rotfl::rotfl:
    I never used to take any tablets i now take 7 a day:eek: as these last blood tests brought up other things too:( oh and gave me oral thrush too :(
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    bubbs wrote: »
    You can joing any list tweets:p:rotfl:

Its was just a shock as wasnt tested for this this came up as well as other crap:o
    But people are are lot worse off than me;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I join most of the lists apart from the naughty lists :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Tinasmummy
    Tinasmummy Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Hi everyone

Hope you are well, haven't been able to catch up as life has been manic these week, planning to catch up today.

Bubbs gather you have just been diagnosed with diabetes don't let it get you down.
    I was diagnosed 3 years ago but no longer on meds,controlled with diet and exercise and no problems.
    It can be controlled and you can still enjoy sweets cakes etc in moderation.
    I have cut down on lots of carbs, bread, rice, pasta etc, only very small portions these days. Burgens soya and linseed bread is the lowest carb bread around.
    If I want a cake then I will compromise and have half, normally have a biccie after my tea most days but I really have to be careful with fruit, most fruit sends my blood sugar really high, so I try to get 5 a day but more veg than fruit.
    I'm lucky that I don't have a really sweet tooth but I'm a big bread, potato and pasta fan which Is why I have small portions, if I were to deny myself then I would just binge eventually.

anyhow I'm rambling, sorry Bubbs but I just wanted to say I know it can be a shock but you can control it!
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just been on a detour to spend my £33 APG from my first razor shop, didn't want to raise my profile in the local store! Guy tried to keep my receipt, could see him desperately trying to work out how I got the voucher - i made sure I took it with me so hopefully the glitch continues!
  • bubbs wrote: »
    She did post a couple of weeks ago but not seen her since

Thanks, no i wont by special anything, funnily enough like baking but dont eat much cake, its chocolate my downfall:o

:T:T:TThats good news well done, i dont feel as if i have drank more as i have always drank alot, also pee alot:rotfl::rotfl:
    Did the metformin make you sick? hope you are better now xx that what im on 2 times a day

we never got to the bottom of what it was but I was sick for about 5 months last year and much better now hun although a very empty bank acc as I had to buy a whole new wardrobe which was really awful lol xxx
    We are many we are one xxx

So that every single post that I contribute to this thread is on topic I would just like to say I am an elite 11+ member and I hear the unjust silence of my opinions whilst I am shopping in supermarkets mainly. Just sayin.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £1 Ts :D

2edqivm.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure