Markus Muhle dog food - any opinions?

Options

Comments

• neveranymoney
    Options
    Do you think it would work with the large kong wobbler? I suppose I could do an order with zooplus to try it as they do offer a smaller sized bag and get a few chews and toys at the same time to make the order worthwhile (shuffles credit cards excitedly)
    Total debt £20,000 Northern Rock loan:eek:
    Debt free date April 2016!!!!:eek:
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a Dog Pyramid rather than a Wobbler so not sure..think the pieces might be a tad too big. I can measure them Monday if you want
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Son's dogs were on it for a couple of months after being persuaded to try it by the pet shop. One developed pruritus which was only resolved once switched back to previous diet. Not a great fan of it myself.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Ash_McCloud
    Ash_McCloud Posts: 21,412 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Used to feed it my mutt before I put him on grain free. It was alright, seemed to like eating the stuff and it produced nice firm turds. Big kibble though so I don't think it'd fit in a Kong.
  • ohmochraich
    Options
    I bought 2 bags for my spoiled brat........but he was used to small kibble so wouldn't entertain kibble that was huge ( and rectangular). I ended up giving it away!:j
    :rotfl:If it weren't for stress I'd have no energy at all. First rule of acting: Whatever happens, look as if it were intended.;)
    Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls:smileyhea When in doubt .............mumble.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.:T I smile because i have no idea what's going on.:rotfl:
  • iceshimmerfairy
    Options
    Last year I fed my Mastiff on this as the reviews were great, I found she wasn't that keen on it, she went number 2's more often and drunk water by the gallons.
    After much research i purchased Eden holistic dry food, both my dogs love it and it has 80% meat content its around £54 delivered for a 15KG bag.
    Their coats a very shiny, numbers 2's solid and not so often, correct weight and extremely healthy as my vet always comments on how healthy they are.

web address - http://www.edenpetfoods.com/
    I believe life is to be lived, not worked, enjoyed, not agonized, loved, not hated.....
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Update - halfway through the bag of the ordinary green bag kibble, Ruby has decided she doesn't like it! The kibble is very different to the Black Angus version, some 2cm rectangular chunks. Dexter is a walking dustbin and eats everything so he can finish the bag and I've got some more Fish4dogs for Ruby!

One thing I have noticed is there is a substantial amount of "dust" at the bottom of the bag. I suppose it reflects the softer texture of the kibble and it hasn't been wasted - I made a sort of porridge out of it which they enjoyed.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • Peanut1234
    Options
    We've been feeding our 5 year old working springer this for 3 years. Healthy coat, and digestive system, fit, great value, healthy teeth, no plaque, no bad breath, and significantly reduce trips to the vets for anal glands. We've tried at least 1/2 dozen foods, and this is the best one we've found, at an affordable price. 15kg dog, eating 180 g per day, solid poop too. A 15kg bag lasts almost 3 months stored in a cool dry place (£38). You can buy it in the UK instead of Germany too. Beate the UK rep is very knowledgeable and helpful too. I can also recommend Lupoderm supplement which has made a big difference to the amount of moulting to a few dogs I know. I'm in now way affiliated to this company, but honestly vouch for the results from this food and supplement.
    markus-muehle.co.uk
  • Julzed
    Julzed Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I feed my two Serb rescue dogs on Markus Muhle and have to say I am extremely pleased with it. I wouldn't have said they were in bad shape when they came to me at 10 months old but I have had them four months now and I think they look fantastic!, super glossy coat, bright eyes, no stinky breath and (sorry if TMI) good poo's! They love the food and yes, it does get dusty right at the bottom of the bag but a bit of the dust mixed with a little warm water to make a thick paste then then stuffed in a Kong goes down well with my two! I buy mine from Zooplus who often have good deals on it.:T
    Tara the Jack Russell, gone to the bridge 5 February 2014. :( Welcomed Toby & Tilly the Labrador-Daschund crossbreeds from Serbia 24 April 2014. Thank you to Serbia's Forgotten Paws for them :)
  • WeLoveDogs
    Options
    I've been feeding my dog Markus Muhle Naturnah since she was weened - and she loves it. She's a picture of health, shiny coat, rarely a squidgy poo and great teeth. I researched at length beforehand, as I didnt want to keep switching for her sake... great dog food comparision sites out there eg allaboutdogfood.com. It is a cold pressed food, so nutrients are not lost and excellent value for money. It was a great decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure