What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 06/03

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi & welcome armchairexpert :) can you not use bicarb to clean the oven? If memory serves me right (and it's been a long time since I've cleaned mine!) you make up a paste with it, smear it on, leave for a while and then clean off with warm water. Google it

Right finished first coffee so should start getting on! Things to do:

* [STRIKE]gather lunch soup & fruit for me[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]quick shower and let hair dry naturally while getting ready[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]check banking[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]get a$da vouchers off of oh to pick up a few (free) bits while passing later[/STRIKE] spent £1.34 and got a pack of strawberries, a cucmber, 3 loaves of bread, some muffins, 6 pts of milk and a pack of ys naan breads :T
    * [STRIKE]update expenses [/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]use office time wisely and not chat too much![/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]just gave madam the milk she didn't want yesterday [/STRIKE];)
    * take garden fork & buggy out of my boot before work
    * might sow some seeds this evening only have aubergines & carrots now to be up to date :money: oh is being remarkably cool about all the seed trays laying around :p
    * [STRIKE]check weather and if good hang out washing[/STRIKE]

Ok better get cracking! May the force be with you all! x

apart from the seeds got everything done - unheard of usually! :j
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, I regularly lurk on this thread but don't post much.
    My contributions to MSE lifestyle have been:

1. cooked homemade pie for dinner with friends instead of going out for dinner
    2. All meals from cupboards and stores as worked from home- NSD woop.
    3. Hearing only on for an hour this evening and been off all day. Will turn if off shortly as the oven will finish and I'll then leave the door open to share the heat!
    4. A few small surveys completed & banking apps updated.
    5. Took father in law to collect his car from BMW garage ( :o ) and smuggled a free latte and brunch bar for at home!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi kids :wave:

Have been missing y'all! Work and general RL taking over. :(

I think I am getting there-ish with the new client...July bonus is looming... *crosses fingers*

I was working job#2 this eve. All good there.

OH is working his job#2 tomorrow so quite chuffed about that.

I need to sort YNAB - not done it for a few days :think:

Eating from stores :A Although OH tells me he bought chips today because he didn't have soup with his sarnie... :naughty:

V looking forward to the weekend!!

Catch up soon. :beer:
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning
    Bright and sunny here and the children are up and sorting themselves out.

Today's plans:
    NSD
    Renew library loans
    Stick to meal plan
    Home educate children for free
    Free entertainment for us, books, games, trying to knit, tv or dvd from our collection
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    Make a batch of porridge, currently we are adding peanut butter and molasses, cheap, tasty and filling & we also buy all the ingredients in bulk from the wholesaler so even cheaper.
    Set WM to run overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    FPL, Ashleigh
    RMS

Tidy house, tidy mind:
    Sweep downstairs
    Dust downstairs
    Wipe down kitchen appliances
    Consider cleaning the oven
    Extinguish the hot spot that is the kitchen table
    Delete 100 emails

Last night I remembered to get tonight's dinner out of the freezer, HM leek and bacon risotto, quick and easy tonight just needs reheating, no money spent defrosting.

All this talk of planting has got me excited, I have no idea what I'm doing but I want to grow things. I am going to look through my seeds to see what I have, then no doubt I will be back with 101 questions.

All of today's list done with the exception of cleaning the oven, well I did think about doing it but changed my mind quickly before I did anything rash :rotfl:

I also didn't get a chance to get out the seeds we have, but I did sort through 2 drawers and a cupboard in the kitchen and delete 250+ emails.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cat sorry you haven't had a good day. I was thinking of you anyway with all this talk of school funding cuts. What a nightmare!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

- This week I have managed 2 NSD
    - Purchased lunch on 2 days the aim for next week is to do a meal plan to prevent further purchases.
    - CC has come down, I have made a token payment today and I will pay more once some money I am waiting for clears.
    - £10 arrived from surveys and will go towards DD shoes
    - Won free tickets to local attractions weekend so we are off to a windmill in April.
    - Doing surveys
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Hearing all this talk of weird and wonderful tea bags makes me wish I liked them but I'm strictly a builders tea only drinker!

My sausage rolls I'd bought to do three lunches had disappeared from the work fridge :mad: It wouldn't have got cleaned out as that's done on Fridays (it's totally confused the cleaner seeing me on the 'wrong' floor this week!) Best case scenario is someone thought they were a freebie, annoying though but I ended up having McChips for lunch instead.

Yesterday a sachet of cup a soup split in my handbag so it is all powdery and gritty so I took myself to Debenh@ms at lunch time to look for a new one to buy with my voucher. I found one I liked which was £55 but they had a 20% off promotion so £44, then I negotiated another 10% discount as it had a small scratch so, after the £35 gift voucher it cost me £4.60 :T I will try to wash the other one as best I can as I love it but it is furry so I'm not sure how successful it will be (plus the washing water will be very dilute soup :eek: ) I'm really enjoying it though (I used it on the way home :D) I'm not very good at buying stuff for me, my first thought on getting the voucher was that I could regift it and then that I'd use it to buy something for my mum's birthday. It has lots of compartments and zips and stuff, I love it!

I managed to get some YS goodies tonight, fruit and sandwiches/salads for the teen late night fridge raid. I did them fish pie and chips for dinner and finished off some tortillas with guacamole myself.

This isn't money saving at all but, they knock off work really early at this place so I am arriving at the station in time to be one of the first on the train and I have identified my new favourite seat! (I'm such a saddo :rotfl: ) I already have my favourite morning seat (last flip down one near the disabled toilet that has a little shelf next to it) and the train I've been getting has a couple of fab little single seats set sideways behind the last row of seats so it's like you have your own little cubicle. It's little wins like this that get me through the day :D

Have a good evening everyone!

PS Ironing lady has finally finished my ironing, she's even less keen than me!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Hi & welcome armchairexpert :) can you not use bicarb to clean the oven? If memory serves me right (and it's been a long time since I've cleaned mine!) you make up a paste with it, smear it on, leave for a while and then clean off with warm water. Google it

Well the urge has passed now, to be honest with you. But I do have an enormous sack of bicarb I bought at Costco once, so I'll definitely google that in case I come over all peculiar again.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah those little things FVD, like MY parking place at work, how dare anyone else take it. Usually when I get in the car park is half empty but I always park in the same place.

So.. DH has woken me up at 4.30am, he is not well. He could have come downstairs so as not to wake me up but hey ho. Kitchen floor washed, some paperwork to sort then I will get ready for work.

We have been invited to a family meal for Mothers Day. I dont really "do" Mothers Day but I really want to meet up with all the family, especially with BIL having cancer. But we can really afford it. And it looks like DH will not be well enough to work today so no money coming in. However, I could put in some extra hours on job no. 2 this month. Oh I dont know, hate being so tight for money all the time.

If anyone remembers the customer that was not paying DH he has finally paid up so that's something. 7 months late but very glad its been paid.

Right, off to do a little sorting of some things for work and get ready for the day.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2017 at 8:25AM
    Options
    Morning yorkshirelass :) hope you aren't too tired throughout the day and ds isn't too poorly :( and yay to the customer finally paying up!

happy kittens sorry to hear life is tough at the moment x

well madam has just put in an appearance so now's the time to get up and get on (instead of drinking coffee! Hey I hear you all on ground coffee, instant just *isn't* coffee in my book!)

Today feels like it's gonna be a tough one, I have 2 assessments, one of these sounds very chaotic and a meeting with a LL who said there wasn't a damp issue in my client's property. They do try it on! Hopefully between these I'll get some time in the office to do some of the work I need to!

What else?

*[STRIKE] make packed lunches & iron clothes[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]checked banking & shifted some funds[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]updated fl ss[/STRIKE] - so far this month I have spent £26 on groceries (been lucky as had £12 in price guarantee vouchers) and that includes ingredients for hm sushi which was £12. Can definitely do another week of bits and pieces before needing to do a big(ish £40 seems luxurious now!) shop :money:
    [STRIKE]* washed up[/STRIKE]
    * all meals from stores
    * check meal plan and get out of the freezer anything needed
    * fold and put away washing
    * make note of mileage for yesterday
    * sow carrot & aubergine seeds this evening

That's all I need to do I think! Can't wait for tomorrow when I can get to the lottie for an hour or so :) Happy Friday guys :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills