Comments

• lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I read that as cow :rotfl:.

Oh thank god, I did too!!
    :D
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • My cat used to bring in a lot of different birds and animals, and I was OK with the 'whole' ones (even if dead), but the single wing from a seagull did upset me a lot:eek:
    The still frozen , in plastic, leg of lamb was rinsed, defrosted and cooked with roast potatoes and veg!
    She eventually moved to the local Indian restaurant where the chef used to cook her her own meals !
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • danih
    danih Posts: 454
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I read that as cow :rotfl:.

LOL a little too much, tummy muscles are sore now :D
    :j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:
  • Our little ginger fluff ball goes through phases of bringing animals home. We have had a few baby rabbits and mice to release back into the wild. There have been a number of birds but last week was a record even for him - a dead sparrow, a dead mouse, a live mouse, a live grass snake and a very upset woodpecker!!! The woodpecker was on the work surface, trying to get out of the window, right next to the cat food bowl - with one of our other cats on the other side of the bowl. She was not in hunting mode - and just looked at bit bemused, almost as if she expected it to very conveniently jump into the bowl or, preferably, open a tin for her!

Don't blame her for not tackling it - they have very long, pointy beaks.

What I can't work out though is how the cat gets live rabbits, birds and mice through the cat flap and yet still thinks I will be conned into lifting the flap for him because he loses the ability to get through if I am near the door.
    Stash Busting Challenge waiting for inspiration:D :j
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    LOL
    I have had a cat bring home a live shrew and had one very proud of herself because she caught (wait for it)
    a dead leaf!
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,468
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    My old black cat Kola didn't really venture out so used to bring me things from the clothes horse. Mainly little things like knickers, the occasional top, and once a whole pair of trousers were dragged through to the bedroom lol. She'd wail 'til I got out of bed and thanked her. Once came home with a date to find an array of clothing (including knickers) strewn across the lounge floor. The shame...

My big ginger and white boy brings zilch. He doesn't seem to have that instinct.

My black lump, Lottie, has brought a live mouse in. Whoop lol.

My old cat Jerry (a ginger) caught a squirrel once, dragged it up the garden hanging beneath him as he walked and it died en route. I was going mental for him not to catch it and to drop it but he was having none of it.

Had similar threads but I never tire of them. So funny some of these :D

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Ahhh yes, I now recall that my not so bright, runt of the litter scruffy guy used to proudly present us with......worms! I think it was all he could catch
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • bluemorph
    bluemorph Posts: 141 Forumite
    a very dead kio carp was found in my kitchen one day
  • danih
    danih Posts: 454
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    :O oops - aren't koi carp expensive? Hope there were no witnesses :)
    :j got married 3rd May 2013 :beer:
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    We had a cat that used to bring home worms too. Then he moved on to moles.

His brother once presented us with a cooked joint of lamb (presumably left cooling on a neighbours windowsill).

When we lived next door to the sheep farm they caught at least one rat a day, leaving just the head and tail to clear up. Farmer said his barn had never been so rat free.

The current two don't bring in much other than the odd shrew, always alive and able to scurry under furniture so we have to spend ages catching them and releasing them.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport