Tmobile price increase

Comments

• triple_choc_chip
    triple_choc_chip Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 15 June 2013 at 9:23AM
    Actually, as they are the OP, they can request the thread be locked.
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • NittyGritty
    NittyGritty Posts: 940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    as anyone sent their defence off yet to CISAS if so what did you put under the points raised by t-mobile, by looks of it t-mobile sent pretty much same to everyone (recieved mine yesterday from CISAS)
  • Read a page back NittyGritty... Stoney listed his "first draft" defence and RandomCurve and Anna posted some good feedback too... looked pretty good to me.

Anna, I think you were due a final result before the weekend... i'm guessing that it never arrived.
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Actually, as they are the OP, they can request the thread be locked.

Shame I can't just get d123 removed - ungrateful or what ?
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Anna, I think you were due a final result before the weekend... i'm guessing that it never arrived.

You guessed right :)

I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt - maybe they didn't receive the adjudicator's decision until late on Friday - we'll see what Monday brings...
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    21Twinkle wrote: »

I think we all have a common goal here - and that is to hold EE to account, not to squabble amongst ourselves.

Just think a few years back when forums like this did not exist. If you had a problem with a company you had no idea if you were the only one or what the company was telling others I.E. you were working in a vacuum in the dark, whilst the company held all of the cards.

If the postings by every single one of us is incorrect as to our interpretation to the points of law, does it matter? The power comes from knowing how the company is responding and gaining evidence - e.g.
    1. We now have in writing (TC26? - a good few pages back) that TM were telling us the price rise was based on Januarys RPI - that could be invaluable evidence if you need to go to court.
    2. Anna2007 has posted that TM are trying a defence that for Post Oct 2012 customers they had to use January RPI because it was unreasonable to use Februarys given the time scale - so we can anticipate that in our CISAS applications
    3. Chimper (?) published last years price rise time scale which helps to blow the above argument out of the water.
    4. DaveUK1 - has acted as a good grounding for us, I hope he is wrong in his interpretations, but I appreciate he has taken the time to post them
    5. And many on this forum have been pro active behind the scenes writing to Ofcom and the media etc.
    So YES this thread is long and winding and full of opinion - but we should embrace that.

Remember TM are deliberately drawing this out and trying to make it complex as it works in their favour.

Apologies if I've attributed the wrong things to anybody.
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    21Twinkle wrote: »

Twinkle, I think the point d123 was making is that people are still contributing to the thread and finding the information of benefit (that's certainly the case for me). The thread is up to almost 50,000 views, so clearly it's not just the folk contributing to the discussion who are taking an interest.

We're about to reach a critical stage, with CISAS close to ruling on cases - it would be a shame if we couldn't share the outcome with each other. With this in mind, if you really feel it's necessary to lock the thread, could you let us know here, so we can link to a new thread before it closes? :)
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    anna2007 wrote: »
    Twinkle, I think the point d123 was making is that people are still contributing to the thread and finding the information of benefit (that's certainly the case for me). The thread is up to almost 50,000 views, so clearly it's not just the folk contributing to the discussion who are taking an interest.

We're about to reach a critical stage, with CISAS close to ruling on cases - it would be a shame if we couldn't share the outcome with each other. With this in mind, if you really feel it's necessary to lock the thread, could you let us know here, so we can link to a new thread before it closes? :)

Don't worry - I will leave this thread open.......
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    stoney73 wrote: »
    I received a response from Cicas earlier this morning:

"07 June 2013
    Dear Mr stoney73
    CISAS
    Case No: ******* - stoney73 v T-Mobile (UK) Limited

30. The Respondent denies that it has breached its Agreement and/or breached its duty of care to the Claimant. The Respondent has provided a response to the Claimant in a timely fashion and that such response has been consistent. Whilst the Claimant’s appears to dislike the content of such response it does not follow that the Respondent has breached its duty of care to the Claimant.

If it is not too late.

The duty of care has been breached as the letter said "Current RPI rate" - which was 3.2%, but TM are now claiming they used an Anticipated rate. Given that TM composed the letter they should have said "we will be using a rate of 3.3.% which is our prediction of the March RPI rate, if the March RPI is lower than 3.3% then we will allow customers to leave their contracts penalty free" - that would be VERY CLEAR and would not have breached a duty of care and would have saved you getting involved in all of this in the first place i.e. it is only TMs lack of care that has caused this issue.

On consistency whilst they may have been consistent with you- I and others - were plainly told they had used the January rate - so not consistent!
  • ruflonger
    ruflonger Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    as anyone sent their defence off yet to CISAS if so what did you put under the points raised by t-mobile, by looks of it t-mobile sent pretty much same to everyone (received mine yesterday from CISAS)

I think Stoney post as his "first draft" defence pretty much got it right and with additions from RandomCurve and Anna should help draft draft a good response

Thanks Stoney, RandomCurve and Anna - have now sent my comment and have been told I should get a decision in three weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure