Sealed Pot Challenge 2 "The Return"

Comments

• lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Morning all! I am going to aim for £500 again this year but hoping i beat it. :D
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Number 335 here wave.gif

I have got an old margarine tub wrapped in Christmas paper and it's raring to go. I have fed in all of the coppers I had in another tin and have made a couple of little deposits already. Very exciting!!
  • Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all - happy saving for the next 12 months

Now could someone tell me how to post a picture of Ziggie the Piggie please!!!!!
  • Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Hello!:hello:

Please can I join the challenge? I have a teramundi pot which a friend gave me many moons ago so shall use that. Won't set myself a target as will only be disappointed if I don't meet it!!

Thanks

Miss P
    xx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • Hi All,

Due to unforseen circumstances I ended up pulling out of this challenge this year but I think that I will have another go if no one minds??

I don't have a target but will see how much I can get saved in the demi-john.

I will empty the demi-john and count it up and bank it and re-start it again for this challenge.

Good luck all.

Tea
    x
  • flubberyzing
    flubberyzing Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello! Looking forward to joining you all! I'm going to drop my first bit of change in the pot tonight. In the meantime, I've got to go to work!
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread - it really does work, I signed up last year with a target of £300, but got £494ish. It allowed me to make an overpayment to CCCS.

Please can you give me a number for 2009? I have a coffee tin wrapped in Xmasy paper for £1 and £2, and an oversized plastic coke bottle for 20p and under.

Once I have my new number, I will update my signature.

Thanks
    Candy xxx
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi (again),

Looked up the wrong number, I see that I have a number already - please ignore my last post.

Thanks
    Candy xxx
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi to everyone, thanks Sue for my no. it's member 356 here looking forward to learning to save for the first time in a long time. I'm using a jar until I find something more suitable in the sales.
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Woo... #320 checking in.

I've got two tins and my only target is to fill them both. Everything but 20ps and £1 coins are going in it and I've thrown quite a few in already this morning.

Happy saving everyone :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport