Credit agencies

Hi folks, which is the best credit agency or do all 3 have same .:j

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    none are better that the other, they all have different information and not all creditors report to them all
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Experian and Equifax are supposedly more widely reported or used, but Callcredit's Noddle is free.

If you want a proper complete picture basically you get the basic £2 report from all (Noddle for callcredit for free)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Equifax (and Experian) provide a free downloadable report but you find yourself with one month to cancel before they start charging you for the service. You can cancel but this isn't straight forward because after you have spent half an hour looking for the contact number, they keep you on the phone for as long as they can with numerous questions and requests to repeat the answers. When I finally found the number, I was very clear that I wanted to cancel the account. The response was to automatically provide me with a further 6 month free, with (said very quickly and quietly) a continued subscription thereafter of £2.99 a month. So in 6 months you'll have forgotten all about it and find yourself locked into a payment for something you probably only look at once a year. Devious. It will be the vulnerable that fall for this trick not suspicious old cynics like me. I told the person on the phone this was devious and the response was - 'Oh so you want a complete cancellation do you?' 'Yes' I said. 'Cancellation isn't a postponement'.
    Anyway, my advice is order the statutory posted copy for £2.00 to save you the hassle of the registering and de-registering on line
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure