The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

BT Broadband - FREE LAPTOP

Anyone who is kicking themselves because they took up BT Broadband a few weeks before AOL/ORANGE started giving away free laptops need not worry.

BT will also give you a free laptop!

Simply ring 0800 800 150

Go through the options until you get to 'To request your MAC code'

You will be put through a live advisor. Tell them you want your MAC code because AOL/Orange have offered you a free laptop... and BT will match their offer and send you a laptop... !

You need to make sure you're not too far in to your contract or are happy to sign a new one... but if you use broadband regularily then I can't see why you wouldnt want to extend!
You have to love the retention teams! whooppeeee!

Im sure when BT get a deluge of people calling they will stop this offer so get to it asap!

Comments

• Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    So I am 3 months into my 18 month contract and can call to request my MAC code and they will offer me a free laptop to stay? Seems to easy! Any idea on the spec of the machine they are offering?
  • gazzer666
    gazzer666 Posts: 1,057
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well just rang up BT, having renewed my contract in September but complained that I never received the hub phone I requested. I then said I had been given a better offer by another provider and after 20 mins on hold they gave me a MAC code.

The girl did sound very inexperienced though, so maybe just wait a bit and see if they get back in touch. MAC code expires in 30 days.
  • I just rang and was told that my new provider has to contact BT direct to obtain MAC code. BT will not give code to myself?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • malamute
    malamute Posts: 710 Forumite
    No way are they offering a Laptop (well not me with 4 weeks to go on a 12 month contract) just spent 20 mins on the phone, best they would offer was to match the monthly AOL cost at £19.99 on a 12 month contract, mac code requested and given.

They must give you the MAC Code if requested, phone again on 08003457311.
  • I phoned my OH at work to tell him to try this and he has just rang back to say that BT are sending an Acer with Vista home basic within 14 days. According to him the advisor asked why he wanted a MAC code and he explained AOL had offerred him a free laptop and instantly the guy offerred to match their offer. There is no increase to our current price plan so the way we see it we have scored a free laptop for something we were happy to be paying anyway.
    Many thanks to imi_ahmed for this post as we would never have thought of doing this otherwise.
    Thanks again
    Jabberwock
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    i too have just spent 20 mins on the phone, and no mention of a laptop - plus the fact that i would have a cancellation charge of about £280 :-(

Well done jabberwock and op tho :-)
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • Beancounter
    Jabberwock wrote: »
    I phoned my OH at work to tell him to try this and he has just rang back to say that BT are sending an Acer with Vista home basic within 14 days. According to him the advisor asked why he wanted a MAC code and he explained AOL had offerred him a free laptop and instantly the guy offerred to match their offer. There is no increase to our current price plan so the way we see it we have scored a free laptop for something we were happy to be paying anyway.
    Many thanks to imi_ahmed for this post as we would never have thought of doing this otherwise.
    Thanks again
    Jabberwock

How far into your contract were you Jabberwock?
  • Hi Beancounter,
    just called OH to ask him and he says been with BT for 20 odd years and had Broadband for 3 + years, hope this helps.
    I also told him that others on this board are not being offerred the laptop and he says that when he told the guy that he was being offerred a free laptop from AOL the advisor immediately stated "we are also doing the same offer". So it seems pretty unfair to me that some are getting and some aren't.
    Good luck
    Jabberwock
  • Beancounter
    Thanks, as I am only 3 months into my contract it seems unlikely they would offer me this, might change my mind if anyone else posts some positive news though :) Well done on getting one though!
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111468

thread here states that you need to sign up to a 3yr deal at £24.00 per month to get the lappy. have just phoned bt, and had that confirmed.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport