Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Hi NSK :wave:

I just found your diary and it's very interesting! I'm gonna subscribe and join you - I have more debt than you and plan on having it gone by the end of 2014. I have just written a plan on what I'm going to do in 2013 so I'll post it on here later and we can compare notes :D I just splashed out on new sofa (a bit more than your PJs but I had the same intention - I ain't going anywhere for a while so I may as well have somewhere decent to spend my time. It was a bargain and probably my first spend in about 6 months, and I have paid it off with ebay funds so it's not all bad!)

Glad you had a fab time in London. Well done for not being seduced by the glitzy shops in London (and where did you find a hot bikini wax for £20? My Central London waxer used to charge £49 :eek: so I had to give her up and haven't found anyone decent since)

I'm having a clearing out/cleaning up night tonight - took a lovely homemade Quorn chilli from the freezer for dinner and I'll try and list a few things on ebay later.

I think I'm gonna like it here :D
  • HA HA! Mockingjay thats so good of you! You have balls. I do not. Relented and paid it! I am going to read a menu better next time..:)

Welcome SS. Nice to have you along for the ride. Can you believe I was checking out MSE whilst out in London - actually left Primark to check in! :p

There is NOTHING better then the feeling of new pyjamas. Especially as I got a little hoody to wear too so I am SUPER snug. This MSE thing is a great excuse cause I would rather be here snuggling with my tabby than out!..:p:p:p

SS I like how you have to justify purchases to the MSE crowd. It needs to be done. Keeps you on track - however a new sofa is sometimes a must and I am super impressed that eBay purchases paid for it!!!. And you have clearly been a good girl. I wanna know what colour it is though..... :T:T:T

My waxer lady is at DimplesBeauty in Vauxhall - it was only an extended though. I think a brazilian would be £32.. the girl was Russian - superb!

I have plans for eBay as well.. I am just desperate to get it all on a no insertion weekend but you can never predict when they arrive.. ah well. Will take more pictures of stuff and wait a week maybe...

Okay I need to check bank accounts... :A
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Oh and I am back on NSD for the week... as much as I can. Off to Ireland on Thursday and have my train ticket booked online ( points made through Boots Treat Street ).. so will carry all my food with me, bring my kindle so no magazines at the airport and blinkers on in duty free... 4 NSD in a row last week... HARD!! Aiming for 5 this time...ahem..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Mockingjay
    Mockingjay Posts: 214 Forumite
    HA HA! Mockingjay thats so good of you! You have balls. I do not. Relented and paid it! I am going to read a menu better next time..:)

I might have been a wee bit drunk at the time...;)
    CC1 - [STRIKE]£8746[/STRIKE] £2801 71%
    :o LBM September 2012 - Current DFD Oct 14 :o
  • Mockingjay wrote: »
    I might have been a wee bit drunk at the time...;)

Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! I was SO sober and therefore a chicken!... :beer:
  • ****Misdirected wisdom time*****...a friend today told me she was given £35,000 from her dead Granny's estate... she is in considerable debt and at one point had had her mobile phone cut off for months... she told me the money is in a high interest account but when I told her to pay off her debts first she told me she "didn't want to waste it"...

Yes dear folks - this MSE business is a mental change for sure. There is no way I can get through to someone who is this stupid, nor do I wish to waste my breath as she is adamant she can just continue as she is.. ( despite the fact it might be just taken anyway if she is declared bankrupt )..

When I shared my plans she was not interested but had enough breath to tell me that "you'll never be able to afford a house where you are"... Always love a positive note..:rotfl:

So this makes me even more determined to do this on my own. My debts are not frivolous.. ( a piece of land and a motorbike I commute on everyday ).. but I am not going to want to pay a mortgage down the line AND pay back a loan.

I pay managable amounts - but I don't want to owe money anywhere!!

So .. I am going to try and put money aside to cover possible bike issues.. should be fun!!

Plans for the week ( stolen from Mockingjay )..
    • Photograph Vintage Dress for eBay.
    • Upload items onto eBay despite lack of "free insertion fee" promotion (grrr!)
    • Bring lunch to work every day again..
    • Trasnfer money to credit card from FatBrain / eBay / BT Cheque / Found on Floor...etc..
    • Post two boxes of books to Amazon..
    • Find another comapny to take my "ISBN not recognised" books...lol!
    • Think of 5 other items for eBay.

That should do it... oh and get some Toluna surveys done and enter some competitions...:T
  • Just read all your diary, well done for been so positive about the clearing your negative wealth. Super well done for coming under budget on the recent spa weekend :) every little helps :). I need to refocus myself and get back into minimal spends and no spend days..... anyway i will keep an eye on how your doing, good luck in your quest :)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Hello Happy - welcome on board. Thank you for your well wishes.. How much have you got to go or are you actually debt free now ( jealous much ).. I must admit things go to plan a lot better when I plan ahead..
    Nice to hear from you though!!.. x
  • Free of negative wealth i wish muhahah im still paying mine off :) when i started in 2008 was at 77k its now 38 :) so nearly 40 k paid off :) i keep battling on its a joint debt by the way lol :) your dfd will be soon here :)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Wowee that's super progress. Well done you!! Yes I see the light at the end of the tunnel but its going to be a LOOONG year! I just need to ensure this positivity stays so strong.. MSE helps..;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure