Mk6 Golf and EGR valve issues

Comments

• @randomguy82

I had the EGR valve melt a couple of weeks back.

VW would not help other than charging me £1000 + for the replacement of said valve.

Despite the known issue they do not admit or recognise this as a common fault

Good luck with your car.
  • All in all I feel like VW have done me over as a customer.

EGR left me high and dry
    ECU cheated me

Why is nothing more being done about this. They have essentially lied to customers to sell vehicles and refusing to help when something they have caused breaks. The UK is in a shocking state if we cannot stanby this and win.
  • Hi randomguy,

I own a similar car to yours and have run into the same problem, i wanted to ask if you're the first owner and the car was under warranty at the time when you had the work done by vw? based on the comments on this thread and many other, a lot of vw owners are having this problem. my fear is as i'm the second hand owner, and the cars done 87k mileage no longer under warranty. will i be able to get a similar price quote to yours.
  • Hi Shaikhy

I was the first owner of the car, but it was out of warranty. Based on the various replies by others, there are loads of different circumstances and lots of different outcomes.
    The main thing we all want, appears to be VW admitting fault and a fixed rule for all. It's shocking they are still acting the same way they did when I raised this to them back in December 2013 and started this thread off.
  • I'm disgusted at the lack of any customer care on this. I was outright rejected by VW dealer and VW head office when I was having the EGR valve issue. To the point the person in the VW dealership all but called me a liar.

That coupled with mixed methods in dealing with this issue. Finding myself at the roughest end of the stick. Such a shame they're continue to compound the issues they're having with poor customer care. Anyone would have thought they didn't want customers to return.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    I'm disgusted at the lack of any customer care on this. I was outright rejected by VW dealer and VW head office when I was having the EGR valve issue. To the point the person in the VW dealership all but called me a liar.

That coupled with mixed methods in dealing with this issue. Finding myself at the roughest end of the stick. Such a shame they're continue to compound the issues they're having with poor customer care. Anyone would have thought they didn't want customers to return.

Well you know what to do, tell everyone you know. VW are not going to improve their service and/or product until that undeserved 30 year old myth of solid reliability has been crushed.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • 2012 2.0 Golf Match TDI with low mileage. When we bought it, he advised that we'd need to do regular motorway runs every so often. I asked if running it down the local 10 mile stretch once a fortnight would suffice and he said yes. We had been doing that.

Car went into limp mode two days running a few weeks ago, but since has been fine. I fear it happening again so got the dealer to have a look and they say EGR valve is blocked.

I feel quite fortunate having read through this and other forums that both parts/labour will be covered as a goodwill gesture "as we have had full dealership service history". Will have to pay for the diagnostic test at c£90.

I'd sell it but I was hoping to get some compensation from the depreciation drop due to the emissions scandal. I am disgusted that VW UK are not offering anything and will not buy from the group again (previous cars all VAG group):(
  • Hi, I have a 62 plate 1.6tdi golf and been advised it's my Egr valve with fault code 7343 it's in limp mode and the Dpf warning light has also come on. My car also falls under this emissions scandal. full vw service history too, does anyone know if any of these are linked with the emission issue and are VW offering any discount for the fault with the egr as I've been quoted £1k by Bromley VW.. Any advice would be helpful please as want this done ASAP but could do without this expensive outlay..
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Dan2778 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 62 plate 1.6tdi golf and been advised it's my Egr valve with fault code 7343 it's in limp mode and the Dpf warning light has also come on. My car also falls under this emissions scandal. full vw service history too, does anyone know if any of these are linked with the emission issue and are VW offering any discount for the fault with the egr as I've been quoted £1k by Bromley VW.. Any advice would be helpful please as want this done ASAP but could do without this expensive outlay..

Not really.......

BUT I used to repair PCs and I once replaced someone faulty DVD drive, only to have them phone me 2 weeks later complaining that MS office had stopped working, demanding I fix it because I was the last person to do anything to it.

The emissions issue was such that when stationary for more than a few minutes, it would alter the ignition/emissions systems to make it produce a false result. A failure of DPF is most likely down to improper use, not doing enough mileage to regen the DPF.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Dan2778 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a 62 plate 1.6tdi golf and been advised it's my Egr valve with fault code 7343 it's in limp mode and the Dpf warning light has also come on. My car also falls under this emissions scandal. full vw service history too, does anyone know if any of these are linked with the emission issue and are VW offering any discount for the fault with the egr as I've been quoted £1k by Bromley VW.. Any advice would be helpful please as want this done ASAP but could do without this expensive outlay..

I've had numerous issues with this particular dealership where I bought my car. I am getting rid of my VW and I would never ever buy one again after the way we have been treated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure