Nationwide FlexDirect Account

Comments

• RG2015 wrote: »
    Definitely a good point. I have just checked this year's transactions and my Nationwide SO frequently is posted at the weekend before my external funding which does not. I will need to change the date if I take the balance down to £1.

There will be at least one such occasion during the year, so instead of trying to catch it and eventually forget it it's much easier to set an incoming SO 3 days before the reg sav outgoing. This will cover the weekends and honestly £250 will not give you significant interest for 3 days wherever they stay.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • I can't see any requirement in the reg saver T&C to have to continue funding a Nationwide FlexAccount with £750+ per month beyond the initial 3 months prior to opening the reg saver?

I do fund my FlexAccount with £750 per month to retain the travel insurance otherwise I wouldn't need to (except in the preceding three months before opening a new reg saver when the existing one matures).
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    radoslaff wrote: »
    There will be at least one such occasion during the year, so instead of trying to catch it and eventually forget it it's much easier to set an incoming SO 3 days before the reg sav outgoing. This will cover the weekends and honestly £250 will not give you significant interest for 3 days wherever they stay.
    Thanks, but I meant changing the date of my SO so it would apply every month not just for the compromised months.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I can't see any requirement in the reg saver T&C to have to continue funding a Nationwide FlexAccount with £750+ per month beyond the initial 3 months prior to opening the reg saver?

You've been looking at the "summary box"
    look at the actual T&C's and you get.

Account holding and eligibility
    1. The account is for individuals aged 18 or over who meet one of the following two criteria:
    i) hold a FlexOne, FlexStudent, FlexDirect or FlexPlus account, or
    ii) hold a FlexAccount and: • have been paying in £750+ a month for the last 3 months (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else);
    or •
    4 completed an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team in the last 4 months.

I am sure you could argue the point but is it worth it.
  • ceredigion wrote: »
    You've been looking at the "summary box"
    look at the actual T&C's and you get.

I am sure you could argue the point but is it worth it.

Yes I was looking at the actual T&C as stated in my post.

Whether its worth it or not is up to the individual who could decide not to pay in £750 a month after qualification and still have the regular saver for 12m.

Same as switching qualifies without any further need to switch every month.
  • I'm in the same boat at the OP but am considering changing the account to the Flexplus. No need for any regular payment, 3% on £2500 and able to keep the regular saver. Sure there's a £13 fee but if you keep the £2,500 balance it will reduce that by £6.25pm and roughly the same for the regular saver. So, you're getting your worldwide Travel, breakdown and mobile phone for next to nothing. Seems like a no-brainer to be honest.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Be aware if you go to Flexplus, you CANT then go back to flex direct & still get European TI, its lost forever, disgusting I know but thats the rules. Aparrantly its a right song& dance to downgrade as well.
  • That's a surprise to me. I went from FlexPlus to Flex-direct without any problems whatsoever in February. I'm not envisaging any problems reversing the journey. Having said that it's not a biggie, I understand Nationwide have dropped the amount you can put in to the regular saver down from £500pm to £300pm so not such a great pull.

To be honest I think we may have turned the corner savings wise so wont be jumping in too quickly when they announce another rise.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's a surprise to me. I went from FlexPlus to Flex-direct without any problems whatsoever in February. I'm not envisaging any problems reversing the journey. Having said that it's not a biggie, I understand Nationwide have dropped the amount you can put in to the regular saver down from £500pm to £300pm so not such a great pull.

To be honest I think we may have turned the corner savings wise so wont be jumping in too quickly when they announce another rise.

Your understanding is incorrect;)

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexclusive-regular-saver/features-and-benefits
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Yes I was looking at the actual T&C as stated in my post.

Whether its worth it or not is up to the individual who could decide not to pay in £750 a month after qualification and still have the regular saver for 12m.

Same as switching qualifies without any further need to switch every month.

My interpretation of the T&C's is, To remain eligible to hold the account you need to have paid in at least £750 per month for the proceeding three months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure