Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• orlao
    orlao Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We can talk through stress with you... :o:o:o:o:o

LOL - still sniggering at your nuts comment - I'm such a child.

New job in a brand new to me industry which is great and everyone is lovely, so, so lovely that the place is overloaded with every kind of cake ever imagined by humankind which of course, I haven't been able to say no to...

I don't want to whinge as I was really chuffed to be offered this job and I'm really excited about it but I've worked from home solo for a while and it's been a bit of a shock to the system to be back in an office, in a team with far to much food temptation about. Just being a brat now :p and time to put my big girls pants (spanx obviously!) on and get back on the SW wagon.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My mum always said if you cannot say something nice, then don't say anything.

I do love nuts but OH tells me I bite too hard so I am no longer allowed to taste them again........(I'm sorry but there needed to be a nut joke)

Yes fat is good under certain circumstances for certain people, usually fit and healthy people, this is a SW thread which avoids fat and can be high in carbs.... but it works as bubbs says :o

It is a SW thread!

:T:T:T:T:T:T

I have my first weekend since Xmas when I have not been manic with work.... I intend reading some SW literature.

I have never ate so much and so many vegetables in my life, and much more protein then I would ever have eaten...
    Today's meals

Breakfast - whole cucumber, 2 tomato and a carrot.

Lunch - salad with cottage cheese

Tea - omelette and beans

snack apple and a boiled egg.

I had a banana and another apple in my bag but saved some famished people in a rather strange meeting...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sure you'll be fine as you've had plenty of Speed across the day but what sort of beans are you having with your omelette? Baked beans are really healthy in terms of fibre and protein but green beans would help up the Speed. I'm a real Speed fiend as I'm convinced that and planning are the most important parts of SW. I'd generally make a veggie omelette with tomato, mushrooms, courgettes, spring onions, peppers or whatever I have available and then my easy fall back pickles like beetroot or pickled cabbage alongside.

Sounds like you and MrWiz had a great time. Was it a special occasion? Well done for being selfless with the pudding. :)

Strange how trolls turn up from time to time to tell us where we're going wrong??? Some very nutty people around. :rotfl:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    orlao wrote: »
    LOL - still sniggering at your nuts comment - I'm such a child.

New job in a brand new to me industry which is great and everyone is lovely, so, so lovely that the place is overloaded with every kind of cake ever imagined by humankind which of course, I haven't been able to say no to...

I don't want to whinge as I was really chuffed to be offered this job and I'm really excited about it but I've worked from home solo for a while and it's been a bit of a shock to the system to be back in an office, in a team with far to much food temptation about. Just being a brat now :p and time to put my big girls pants (spanx obviously!) on and get back on the SW wagon.

Flip you are not being silly, going from working from home to working in an office in a totally new job in a new industry is WOW. It also must be very stressful, no wonder you have have succumb to some temptation (my silver lining mode of thought is....at least you have not slept with the boss..... yet!!!)

What are you doing? Are you enjoying it? Making friends? x
  • parking_question_chap
    parking_question_chap Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 July 2017 at 9:42PM
    Options
    mouche wrote: »
    I can see Friday madness is breaking out on this thread!

I have had a very bad day - 35 syns!!!! I always thought biscuits were my trigger food but I can eat chocolates in moderation. Clearly not these chocolates. :mad: Reese's peanut butter cups will not be entering this house again ([STRIKE]I'll scoff them in the car instead[/STRIKE]).

This is seen time and time again, this message is aimed to all, not just you.

Because your following an unsustainable nutrition plan that isnt teaching you good habits.

You see it repeat itself over and over again on threads like this, people do well for a little while, fall off the wagon, then do well again. Its because your body is unable to carry on with the incomplete nutrients you are providing and you will usually feel hungry as well. Even looking at Kathrynhas history will draw attention to the fact they had previously tried the 5:2 and 16:8 (whatever that is). Moving from one unsustainable plan to the next, and probably never really being pleased with what you are eating.

If you want actual results:

Cut out junk and processed food as much as possible, but allow yourself a little treat once in a while. Eventually as you see progress you will be less inclined to have these treats, as they are just short term gratification. And just in case you didnt know, low fat meal replacements and yogurts count as junk food.

Eat lean meats, fish, veg, some fruit, eggs, seeds and nuts.

Rice and potatoes fine in moderation.

Try not to eat shortly before bed.

If you can get to the gym do HIIT (google it), but basically its intervals of high and low intensity training. Dont waste time counting steps, it isnt really doing a great deal.

Add in some compound exercises which use the big muscle groups. Squats, deadlifts, military press, benchpress, assisted dips and pull ups.

See your body change for the better.

It really is pretty simple.

Or just carry on with what you are doing, getting short term results but no real long term solution.

Happy to answer any PMs, and just bear in mind im not selling any products as dont actually need to buy any brands to see results.

Peace.

I shall not interrupt your thread/commercial sales pitch any further today.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll be fine as you've had plenty of Speed across the day but what sort of beans are you having with your omelette? Baked beans are really healthy in terms of fibre and protein but green beans would help up the Speed. I'm a real Speed fiend as I'm convinced that and planning are the most important parts of SW. I'd generally make a veggie omelette with tomato, mushrooms, courgettes, spring onions, peppers or whatever I have available and then my easy fall back pickles like beetroot or pickled cabbage alongside.

Sounds like you and MrWiz had a great time. Was it a special occasion? Well done for being selfless with the pudding. :)

Strange how trolls turn up from time to time to tell us where we're going wrong??? Some very nutty people around. :rotfl:

I had baked beans... as I need the fibre :eek::eek::eek::eek:

But I have developed a bit of a fetish for raw green beans.... and cucumbers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: They are really easy to eat whilst driving (I live in my car)...but I do get some funny looks!!! lol

No special occasion, just needed some sodium :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Two of my kids are extremely fanatic about nutrition, so I am used to the conversation about fat and have even had some strange equation thing shown to me (it was boring) but when my kids have read about SW the accept that it is 'rather healthy' and is right for me at this moment...but I DO NOT eat a cucumber in front of them - there are some lines that cannot be crossed! x

Note for next week...be organised xxx
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    + 1lb for me this week:(
    I know why - I've tried to vary my usual diet a bit this week (still within SW) eg occasional cooked breakfast rather than bran flakes, yoghurt and fruit, and it's not quite worked out! I've found myself hungrier than I usually am, and I've had migraine for a couple of days which always makes me crave sugary things. Unfortunately the medication I take for it leads to instant constipation (sorry if TMI) so that hasn't helped matters.

Got to be on it this next week as I'm going on another short beach holiday next weekend, including an event where we'll the the oldest there by something like 25 years - no way can I pass off as in my 30s nowadays whatever my weight but I'd like to try!

Well done losers, especially the SOTWs, sympathies to the gainers. Thanks again Kathrynha and Shala. I won't be volunteering to be deputy prefect - spreadsheets and I don't get on at all!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    mouche wrote: »
    I can see Friday madness is breaking out on this thread!

I have had a very bad day - 35 syns!!!! I always thought biscuits were my trigger food but I can eat chocolates in moderation. Clearly not these chocolates. :mad: Reese's peanut butter cups will not be entering this house again ([STRIKE]I'll scoff them in the car instead[/STRIKE]).

OMG there is a special offer linked to them ......... I saw it and thought :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

They are very scrummy
  • maman
    Options

I shall not interrupt your thread any further today.

I think we can all agree on that.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I think we can all agree on that.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My priority is trying to figure out why Dev from Coronation Street has his shop in his house!!!
  • maman
    Options
    I

Two of my kids are extremely fanatic about nutrition, so I am used to the conversation about fat and have even had some strange equation thing shown to me (it was boring) but when my kids have read about SW the accept that it is 'rather healthy' and is right for me at this moment...but I DO NOT eat a cucumber in front of them - there are some lines that cannot be crossed! x

Note for next week...be organised xxx

Hope you didn't mind me commenting it's just that I always look for Speed alternatives. I almost see free food like bananas or baked beans as a Speed opportunity missed. :o

My own view is that SW simply gives an easy to follow structure to a healthy diet. We eat all the essential food groups in the right balance. We do eat fats in dairy, learn meat and fish. We have carbs but balanced with fruit, veg and protein. We eat plenty of fibre whether that's in wholemeal bread or cereal or vegetables. We have treats like sugar but in limited quantities. Most of us cook from scratch but any ready meals/processed foods are the ones which aren't full of unhealthy fats and sugars or padded out with pastry or similar. The only exceptions would be for posters who have medical advice to cut out /limit certain food groups.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure