IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Northern Parking Services NtK Received

Comments

• UpNorthUser
    UpNorthUser Posts: 17 Forumite
    I've received my appeal rejection what are my next steps?
    PS - I think the images I have taken of the carpark in question blow apart their rejection letter - there is a reason their images of the car are all tight close up shots.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I assume they issued a popla code ?

if so, the next steps are described back in the NEWBIES sticky thread that you read weeks ago, please read it again
  • UpNorthUser
    edited 15 June 2017 at 6:45PM
    I've put together the files for people to look at - How do I go about being able to post a link? Not allowed as I am new.........

The file (redacted as needed) has my appeal rejection letter (rather snotty I might add) their photos and my own I took of the area. Note that a lot of the signs in the area relate to the business, are larger and are colour coded the same. There is no notices on the grass (i.e. facing drivers when they park)
    Their little sign on the wall by the entrance (that side only I might add) looks very much like a standard parking logo - The signage is incredibly poor to read from any distance - the image I took of the sign was from point blank range and it was still difficult to see whats written. Some shots show the distance from a bay to the wall - no chance of reading any part of the signage.
    In theory if you drove in - parked (in the bay the car was parked) and exited the other side you would see zero signage at all.

EDIT - The reason for the files is to at least get some feedback looking at the site in question (my images) and making sure I have my ducks in a row regards signage
  • Redx
    use tinypic or photobucket and use dead URL links (change http to hxxp)
  • UpNorthUser
    hxxp://imgur.com/a/D7AdC
  • Redx
    thanks

live link

http://imgur.com/a/D7AdC
  • UpNorthUser
    Thank you for that - weirdly some are showing as a broken link - but appear if I click on them.... any problems let me know
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    EDIT - The reason for the files is to at least get some feedback looking at the site in question (my images) and making sure I have my ducks in a row regards signage

Yes, you do.

Good point about the colour choice, it mimics a Halfords (larger) blue sign so why on earth would anyone stop to read it?

What next, a hidden contract in the MOT sign?! If you do not book an MOT within 10 minutes of parking here you agree to pay us a fortune and hand over your first-born?!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I think I am going to go with this excellent example and modify it by adding specifics of my case - distance from bay for the driver to a sign - colour issues etc

Would this be the right way to go?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71285691&postcount=2341
  • UpNorthUser
    edited 17 June 2017 at 1:57PM
    Putting something like this on the end:-

My own photographs of the location will show the signs compared with distance of parking bays, No signs whatsoever on outward (grass facing) view (also confirmed from NPS own photo). The colour scheme of NPS signs mimicking the business colour scheme, the obvious difference from an MOT poster which is clearly legible and the signs of NPS which are not.

- then put all my photos in and save as a PDF?

Can I also use any part of the following? They did send me an NtK

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71287626&postcount=2342
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family