Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    welcome back Ruthy , sounds like a very active holiday and well done on the park run. All good Body Magic!

I suppose it's because fresh vegetables are difficult to grow and have to be imported that makes them so expensive in Iceland. Such a contrast to my Turkish holiday where it was incredibly cheap to have loads of tomatoes and cherries and other fresh stuff.

wiz , not sure which light salad cream you use but many brands are a lot less than 3 syns for a tbsp.

DH only managed a child sized dinner so loads of LO veg for my lunch.:D
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,658
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    tweets wrote: »
    Diezel is gorgeous :happyhear

Oh and doesn't he know it! The amount of people who commented on him! Oh and a couple of young girls who stopped to fuss him, hubby said son should have been there he may have hooked up :rotfl:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    I need either new scales or glasses... I cannot see... think I have lost 2 lbs... maybe 3!...

I've put you in the spreadsheet as 2lb loss. Well done on the loss whatever it is.

Today is a busy day. Hospital again this afternoon, so eating will all be a bit iffy.
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Late morning - fruit and aldi skips
    Dinner - got mince in the fridge
    Snacks - cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    Forumite
    Hope your hospital appointment goes well kathrynha. Will you get some advice on what you can eat going forward?

DH is picking up a little. He's been to the surgery this morning and he has an upper respiratory tract infection so seems to feel brighter now he knows what it is. We're meant to be going for a Thai meal with friends this evening but whether we'll go depends how he progresses through the day. So my eating plans are unsure.

EE plan (so far):
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: turkey rissoles, fried LO veg, pickled cabbage
    D: tbc
    Syns: squirt of syrup and ???
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Hope your hospital appointment goes well kathrynha. Will you get some advice on what you can eat going forward?

Not the best of appointments, but I knew it wouldn't be, as it was a follow up of a bad one the other week. Feeling bruised, and back at the hospital tomorrow, when I will know more definite stuff. On the restricted diet for the foreseeable future :(
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,862
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Evening all
    Not relly caught up over the weekend as been crazily busy:eek:
    Well done to everyone that has lost:T:T to those that have gained, its a new week xx
    Hugs to all the poorlies xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Where you off to on your cruise ? Do you need someone to help you with your luggage?

We sail from Newcastle over to Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Shetland, back to Norway and back to Newcastle. Leave on 29th July. I'm excited to just get away and relax but dubious of the weather as I'm very much a beach holiday kind of girl! But I got my choice of Mexico last summer for my 30th and so hubby had this years choice!

I need help figuring out what kind of clothes to take!

Have been completely off plan since Thursday so hoping that my gain on Wednesday isn't too disgraceful!

Have been out trying to tackle my jungle of a garden today so some serious body magic has taken place! Very achey now!

I did only realise this evening though, that I hadn't actually eaten anything all day, just drunk loads of water. Dinner was a chuck random stuff together in a pan meal. So ended up with pasta, mushrooms, courgette and sweetcorn in a sw chunky tomato pasta sauce. Syn free.

Will use my healthy extras in a while. Not sure if I should use any syns as I've eaten so badly over the past few days. I don't know whether it's better to not have any or whether to use 5?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Not the best of appointments, but I knew it wouldn't be, as it was a follow up of a bad one the other week. Feeling bruised, and back at the hospital tomorrow, when I will know more definite stuff. On the restricted diet for the foreseeable future :(

Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow for you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2017 at 11:55PM
    We have had a very busy weekend,a few too many syns involved each day,so consider myself lucky to have got away with STS.
    After weigh-in tonight,I did a big grocery shop,and am ready to get back on the wagon.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast:2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB),Flora light (1 .5 syns),marmite
    Pear,apple

No lunch,more like quick snacks,really: yoghurt (free),
    popcorn (2.5 syns)

Tea: chicken,roast butternut squash,sweeet potato wedges,swede,green beans,carrot,gravy using Knorr gravy pot (2.5 syns)
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    Forumite
    I'd just draw a line and get back on plan as soon as you can for as long as you can before the cruise missteach .As for clothes for your cruise I'd suggest what you'd wear for the average British summer so layers! Jeans and jumpers and some tops and the odd skirt or dress in case the sun shines on you!

We did get to the Thai restaurant tonight. DH is much better. I avoided the very synful stuff like prawn crackers but the banquet style meal had loads of sauces.....and the wine syns.:(

New day tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport