Mega strong weed killer?

Hi what is the strongest weed killer you can buy and where can you get it from. Looking to kill weeds on my drive - thanks :)
"Those who try to make sense of the world are divided into four categories: scientists, theologians, philosophers, and fools. Correction ... make that one category with three sub-divisions" -- Carlo Kensada

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    http://www.ahsdirect.co.uk/product/249/82

Had some from there before, very good
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • coolagarry
    coolagarry Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm afraid you may well be disappointed. I used to use 'Pathclear' and it killed everything it touched. I find that their new stuff isn't anything like as strong... I've no doubt it's another EU Directive that has taken out the HARMFUL (meaning useful) part of the product.. Like they got rid of creosote etc.
    I'm Glad to be here... At my age I'm glad to be anywhere!!
    I'm not losing my hair... I'm getting more head!!
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Weedol never fails me
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • scoot1on1
    scoot1on1 Posts: 295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sodium Chlorate is the best, will keep the weeds dead for a very long time, and anything else that gets in its way also I may add :) . Try your local garden centre as they can usually get larger containers.
    These are the Good 'ol Days just wait and see!
  • owey
    owey Posts: 832 Forumite
    Try DOFF 500g Sodium Chlorate Weedkiller from poundland, it kills everything.
  • beefster
    beefster Posts: 736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Whats the recommended coverage (grammes per meter squared) for sodium chloride. Trying to work out how much I need??
    I save so I can spend.
  • owey
    owey Posts: 832 Forumite
    beefster wrote:
    Whats the recommended coverage (grammes per meter squared) for sodium chloride. Trying to work out how much I need??
    with the DOFF from Poundland, for shallow roots use about 250g in 10lts over 20 sq yards.
    For deep roots use about 270g in 5lts over 6sq yards.
  • Please consider the Money Saving Merits of pulling them up by hand.
  • in_my_wellies
    in_my_wellies Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hot sun will scorch them off or a vegetable knife does the trick.

Better for the environment too!
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • gromituk
    gromituk Posts: 3,087 Forumite
    coolagarry wrote:
    I've no doubt it's another EU Directive that has taken out the HARMFUL (meaning useful) part of the product.. Like they got rid of creosote etc.
    Which would you prefer - dead weeds or safe drinking water? As others have said, there's nothing like a good bit of old-fashioned weeding. We expect everything to be sorted out "at the touch of a button" without giving two hoots for the consequences.
    Time is an illusion - lunch time doubly so.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure