Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    You're doing well Beanielou, love your avatar :)

That is one of my best boys :D (DS being the other :rotfl:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Beanie! Didn't realise you had a diary, I shall come cheer you on as you have been a big support to me for years :D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Nov 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £1500/7000

Mortgage balance: £53705

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thanks skint :grin:
    Baby steps for me as I worry so much about not being able to afford to pay the mortgage:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• I will also be lurking in your diary and cheering you on from-me-to-you-smiley.gif?1292867601
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thank you Bear :grin:

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Just managed to sneak in my last repayment of the year.
    Not quite as much as I had hoped but anything is better than nothing.
    Feel slightly better now as I feel I have a small safety net now.

Have a happy time all, whatever you are doing.

• beanielou wrote: »
    Just managed to sneak in my last repayment of the year.
    Not quite as much as I had hoped but anything is better than nothing.
    Feel slightly better now as I feel I have a small safety net now.

Have a happy time all, whatever you are doing.
    That's good news having a safety net:T
    Have a very happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year :xmastree:

christmas-house47.gif
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,195
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    welcome aboard beanielou :wave:

there's a lot to be said for a slow and steady 'drip, drip, drip' attack against the mortgage monolith. Slow and steady wins the race.

Our OP figures are quite humble compared to what some people manage on these boards. I find tracking the fall of daily interest and the progress to the next £1k, and then each £10k bracket helps with the motivation when the total sum owing still seems scarily huge.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thank you Upside bear & pavlovs_dog.

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Beanie,
    You is a LEGEND.

You are into the 29s. I am about to sign up for £92k!

Do you think we should have a race? Or should we take the advice of a good friend of mine and keep plodding?
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback