Verified by Visa problems - anyone else?

Options

Comments

• TPAOY
    TPAOY Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Having real problems with this tonight on my Bank of Scotland Ultimate account. Payment to M&S took two goes before it worked and payment to Sainsburys not going at all.

Being declined every time, so will have to make a transfer payment if I can't get it to work.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah I hate this new system LTSB try and assess the transaction to see how risky it is
  • demandingconsumer
    Options
    I have wasted one hour and 50 minutes today due to poor service from Verified by Visa. I wanted to complain and called the same help number which had given me poor service (08700 1045 422).

On my first attempt to complain the chap I spoke to said he would put me through to complaints but then left me on-hold. I think the on-hold period would have been indefinite if I had not eventually hung-up. I was determined to speak / shout at someone so I stayed on-hold for 14 minutes before hangin-up and calling back.

On my second attempt at complaining I spoke to a young lady who put me on-hold while she got the complaints number for me to call direct. After 5 minutes on-hold I gave-up. I have been unable to find a complaints number anywhere online. I think that Verified by Visa must be having a competition to see who can annoy customers the most.

My advice: If Verified by Visa ask you to present yourself with photoId at your bank branch you should ignore them. My bank was unable to find any problem with my card or Id and I was with the teller when she called three different numbers to verify this.

Angered by Visa
  • Pugwash69
    Pugwash69 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    As a seller, we have enabled VbV on all our online sales if it's enabled on the card. If there's fraud committed on a VbV transaction, the card owner is liable for the money. If it's not VbV the seller gets a charge-back for the full ammount.

Whilst I can understand how frustrating it is, we've only had one fraudulent purchase in the last 12 months and thousands of successful ones. The fraud case actually came up as rejected on the 3rd man results but we didn't notice, because they don't bother alerting us as such. Now we double-check any orders with delivery or name not matching the billing details.

I also noticed that on my own card it no longer even asks for my password for some reason. They're probably going to wait until I've forgotten it and then start asking again.
  • demandingconsumer
    Options
    I hear what you are saying about the advantages for the vendor. However, Verified By Visa needs to improve upon it's customer service. It is ridiculous to try and run such a service without a complaints department and without procedures for handling complaints.
  • Kenny1947
    Options
    I have also experienced problems, having started a company recently I was given a debit card from Santander. Problems arise on line as for some reason verified by visa thinks it is an Alliance & Leicester card which apparently has a members number on it whereas the Santander one does not. I have made calls and emailed just about everyone but no one seems to care or bother to reply.
    In effect it means someone is losing a customer (me) or if I really have no other option I have to use my personal card.
  • sparklinglime
    Options
    Pugwash69 wrote: »
    I also noticed that on my own card it no longer even asks for my password for some reason. They're probably going to wait until I've forgotten it and then start asking again.

I've been having the same thing recently, but have just purchased some stamps (before the price increase) and got asked three questions instead of the password - which I thought was pretty good.
  • peacemakerukuk
    Options
    I'm also having problems with using my Nationwide Visa card online. It says I'm entering the wrong DOB and I have to go into a branch with my passport. I've done that and the bank can't change anything so they've emailed VBV and asked them to call me - unsurprisingly I've not had a phone call. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next? Thanks.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'm also having problems with using my Nationwide Visa card online. It says I'm entering the wrong DOB and I have to go into a branch with my passport. I've done that and the bank can't change anything so they've emailed VBV and asked them to call me - unsurprisingly I've not had a phone call. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next? Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem with the wrong DOB. It used to work perfectly well but someone attempted fraud on our card so we were issued with a new one and that was when the problems started. I've just stopped using that card..

What I would suggest is phone the helpline/customer services number on the card. Sometimes that can be a lot more productive than going into a branch.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• peacemakerukuk
    Options
    I've actually already done both. Spoke to Nationwide on the phone who said he couldn't do anything from there I had to go into a branch. Did that on Saturday, she noted my DOB and said it was correct on screen but she couldn't do/change anything but send an email to VBV asking them to call me and confirming that she's seen my passport and the DOB is correct - hence me now having nowhere else to go :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure