Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Comments

• katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    my Baileys decluttered. I'm all ready here. ;)
    I'm afraid I'm saving a bit of mine in the hopes I can pick up a packet of supermarket mince pies - microwaved pie and baileys is super nom, nom.

Still, once it is gone I'll be back to our usual teetotal state, so I'm just having a wee calorie filled wobble ;)
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Happy New Year GG!

I suspect we're all busy decluttering the junk food cupboard *closes lid on the treats box at her feet*
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    scubaangel wrote: »
    Happy New Year GG!

I suspect we're all busy decluttering the junk food cupboard *closes lid on the treats box at her feet*

Speak for yourself - I'm so organised I did it days ago :A:o;).

If anything am feeling worse this morning so am sat in bed with tea, tissues, book and MSE.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly, positive health thoughts whizzing your way.
  • sorry your feeling poorly still and no medicinal chocs left thanks to your heroic decluttering efforts... :(:(
    If I were you Id send mrgg out to get some more supplies...all in the name of health and healing mind you! ;)
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I will read 12 books off the BBC list

ooh do you mean the 200 big reads list? I've been working my way through them very slowly over the past few years. I've found some real treasures that i may never otherwise have read. would wholeheartedly recommend pride and prejudice and memoirs of a geisha if you've not read either of those before. The beach by alex garland is MUCH better than the film. If you like trying to guess 'who really did it' Rebecca is a classic crime mystery that was more enjoyable than I'd anticipated. another very accessable read (it used to be a GCSE english text) which was enjoyable despite the slightly distressing content was the colour purple.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Gett well soon.

If you were close enough I would send my still to be decluttered stash in your direction :rotfl:
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Thanks for all your wishes. Mr GG has naffed off (he's only here at weekends) but what I really fancy is a couple of cheese topped rolls with real butter and lots of ham. However, as I am back on SW diet it will be a bowl of summer fruits with fat free yogurt and 1oz of crunchy cereal :eek:.

ooh do you mean the 200 big reads list? I've been working my way through them very slowly over the past few years. I've found some real treasures that i may never otherwise have read. would wholeheartedly recommend pride and prejudice and memoirs of a geisha if you've not read either of those before. The beach by alex garland is MUCH better than the film. If you like trying to guess 'who really did it' Rebecca is a classic crime mystery that was more enjoyable than I'd anticipated. another very accessable read (it used to be a GCSE english text) which was enjoyable despite the slightly distressing content was the colour purple.

200!!!!!!!!! :eek: I've only got 100 on my list. About 1/8 through Moby !!!!!! but 3 library books to finish 1st. However, it can go on holiday with me, and will print out the list so I can scour charity shops before I go.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    gallygirl wrote: »
    200!!!!!!!!! :eek: I've only got 100 on my list. About 1/8 through Moby !!!!!! but 3 library books to finish 1st. However, it can go on holiday with me, and will print out the list so I can scour charity shops before I go.

yes, the long list is 200 books long, although most people are more familiar with the shorter 100 book version. I've cherry picked the things i've fancied most/have been able to lay my hands on to begin with. currently have 'emma' and 'the kite runner' on the go
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Courgette
    Courgette Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy new diary, GG :T:T:T

Hope you feel better soon too.

Would highly recommend 'Rebecca' from your list or anything by Daphne du Maurier. Can be slow to get going sometimes but amaaaaazing
    A reminder to myself: Persistence Pays Off ;):D :idea: :rotfl:
    Mortgage 1: [STRIKE]£95,000[/STRIKE] £78,900 at 3.1%
    Mortgage 2 (BTL): £83, 489.15 at 2.99% (I.O.)
    Savings (S&S ISA): £3000 Plus 6 months emergency savings earning 3%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport