Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Hi,

I did an afternoon's mystery shopping over in the next county. About the most unsuccessful ever.

Visit 1: Franchise no longer sells the thing I was supposed to be mystery shopping.
    Visit 2: Kept waiting, paperwork
    Visit 3: Supermarket.... argggh.

Now, I signed up for this because it was in the vicinity of visits 1 & 2.

I took some photos of things that were wrong round the store. And was not as discrete as I could have been. I was spotted. And the staff caused a scene. It was horrible.

So my cover was blown and the assignment aborted.

Question is- what now? It's Saturday night and the office staff have gone home. Do I cancel the assignment now, send an email or wait until Monday until I can speak to a human being.
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear that. The jobs are getting silly, not the bum slapping one. Why do they need photos if it outs you. It can be difficult.

I haven't done any shops this week as it is often such a hassle. The money is so minuscule for the aggro and the companies who recruit us, don't value us.
  • biscit
    I'm not clear on what my brief was on this matter, I did have to take photos in store of poor quality produce, but the brief may have changed from earlier rounds.

Maybe the requirement to photograph obstructions was dropped because others were getting mistreated in the way I was.
  • missymouse
    I've always managed it, is it the bum slapping supermarket?

Perhaps we should join MI5, we'd be paid a lot more��
  • missymouse
    Meant to be a 😊
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    missymouse wrote: »
    I've always managed it, is it the bum slapping supermarket?

Perhaps we should join MI5, we'd be paid a lot more��

Reminds of the drinks audits I used to do, where you had to take a photo of the chiller cabinet with the drinks in situ. Alright in the large shops, but always a challenge in the 'one man and his dog convenience stores' I don't do much MS work now as the fees versus time and effort were not worth it and moved on to other things. Maybe its me but there does seem to be lots of work 'hanging' on the boards and seem to get loads of calls each week, asking to do work. If they increased the fees to something more viable the jobs would shift IMHO.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Any HGEM Mystery Diners in here? :cool2:
  • biscit
    I usually manage just fine Saturday was the first time there had been any incident with photos. I wonder if the staff in the vicinity of the obstruction weren't so much as sensitive for their privacy but didn't want head office to see them slacking off.
  • so_very_confused
    so_very_confused Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    i have not done any work for several weeks. The jobs are just getting ridiculous. I am at the point where I think ...is this worth the hassle of filling a tax return in and the answer increasingly is ...no.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Interesting to see the variation in the amount different MS companies are prepared to offer for charity fundraising assignments. I see that at the moment fees are ranging between £8 and £15 for what is the precisely the same scenario. They needn't bother asking me to do one for £8, otherwise I will be telling them straight to "do one".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback