Free concerts/gigs for volunteer workers. orange rock corps

2»

Comments

• stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Is this just in london of outside london as well?
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    A couple of my friends did it. They spend 5 or 6 hours clearing up litter and in return they were given tickets for a concert with NDubz, The Enemy and Lady GaGa and they loved it.

That was in Manchester so they do it outside London.
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    3 of us applied but didn't realise it was a competition. There is a high chance that only one of us will get through without the other two, in which case we will not go alone. They should let you apply and win in groups or at least pairs so people are guaranteed to be with friends.
  • If you have'nt heard about it click here.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has used them yet and if so, what they think about them? I really want to go to Reading Festival(either this year or next) and I'm using my MSE brain of mine to use this as a cheap method?:money:
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • reehsetin wrote: »
    you only get tickets to the rock corp gigs not the reading festival the gigs available are here http://projects.orangerockcorps.co.uk/thegigs.asp
    Yeah, I realised that just after I posted this :(
    Best Freebies/Wins/Testers so far: HP Officejet Pro 8500, Vax Zen, Thorpe Park Tks, 2x Rockwell Tkts, Windows 7, 2x Chelsea vs Arsenal Tkts, Genio Phone, JLS Tickets, 2 PSP games, 2 Xbox 360 games, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch, Westlife Tkts, Tinie Tempah tkts, New York Trip AND MORE...
    Thanks to all posters on here:beer::T
  • Maybeelady
    Maybeelady Posts: 131 Forumite
    I did a project last weekend in London, and everyone there was given a ticket (plus a t-shirt & work gloves, sandwiches/crisps and water - with a DJ playing while you work). It was a great afternoon and we achieved alot in an afternoon.

Well worth doing! :)
  • Maybeelady
    Maybeelady Posts: 131 Forumite
    And if you're not in London, you can do a project near you (4hrs) and get the following magazines for free plus go in the draw for a trip to the Paris gig/mobile phones.

Did you know that you can give 4 hours of volunteering wherever, whenever you want and still get given great music rewards in return? Just join the Orange RockCorps Collective, tell us how you gave 4 hours of your time to make a difference and you'll get a reward: 6 months' free subscription to Q Magazine, or 3 months' free subscription to Kerrang! Magazine.

And there's more! Tell us your story by the 11th September and you and a friend could be heading for Paris to be VIP guests at the Orange RockCorps gig on the 2nd October. The prize will include your travel and accommodation and tickets to the gig, plus the VIP reception. Or perhaps you'll win an exclusive red W995 WalkmanTM from Sony Ericsson, Orange RockCorps partner, complete with up to 60 downloadable movies and a free matching speaker.

If you don't know any charities or volunteering projects, that's not a problem. Just go to the '
    Find a Collective Project' section on our website to see Orange RockCorps partners and a full list of opportunities from our friends at www.do-it.org.uk. Please remember that your Orange RockCorps project is not eligible for The Collective. Go on - get involved!
  • How does getting rewarded by concert tickets count as volunteer work? As volunteer work is meant to be rewarded by the satisfaction your doing something worthwhile and not expecting payment by whatever means for it.
  • calder230 wrote: »
    How does getting rewarded by concert tickets count as volunteer work? As volunteer work is meant to be rewarded by the satisfaction your doing something worthwhile and not expecting payment by whatever means for it.

The project seems aimed at getting people (specifically younger people, although its open to people of all ages) aware of volunteer opportunities in their area. I think the idea is that having tried it, people will sign up to continue to volunteer for other projects and tell their friends as well. The incentive is used to get people there in the first place and Orange clearly have a bigger advertising budget than any local charities, so its a great way of spreading awareness.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure