Suggestion for a trip to Vietnam

Hello everyone,

I am planning a trip to Vietnam for April 2017 and looking to get some good info as well as experiences to hear from you guys. I like relaxing holiday but would prefer some adventure as well. I saw a trip online at Vienam tour Pedia website , however, i am not sure if i want to extend it to few more days ( i do it if i get a good things that makes me to extend) - However, this offer for the April has 30% off and thats the reason i wanna book it a way.

Any suggestion are much appreciated

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Tours are a rip-off, do it yourself. There's lots in these forums about Vietnam, a simple search will bring lots of information to your fingertips.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • thank you, i will do a search and see.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zay6385 wrote: »
    thank you, i will do a search and see.

As above, it's far cheaper and much more fun to do Vietnam DIY so that you can pick exactly what you want to do and not be stuck with a group of people you don't like for a whole month

Have a look at these recent threads:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5229923
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5251981
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5319562
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5465821
  • My sister has been living out there since last year, I went to visit her for the first time in March/April this year - had a lovely time. We went to Hanoi, Hoi An and Saigon. I'd really recommend it, lovely country, lovely people, lovely climate, lovely food and very affordable too. I agree with those who say you're better planning your own trip. Enjoy!
  • thanks man. appreciate it, id definitely visit Hue and Hoi An, heard good things about them.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    zay6385 wrote: »
    thanks man. appreciate it, id definitely visit Hue and Hoi An, heard good things about them.

Because Vietnam is long and narrow running north to south you get different weather patterns depending where you are and when

As you've mentione Hue and Hoi An, we were in both in September last Year. Five nights in Hue we were almost totally washed out by a tropical depression. Then got a bus not all that far south to Hoi An, and had glorious wall-to-wall sinshine for a week.

Vietnam is really easy to do without being on a tour at a fraction of the cost. It just needs a bit of planning, and you've made a start.

Our next trip to Vietnam [Hanoi and Quy Nhon] is in February for a fortnight, topping and tailing with a few days either side in Bangkok and nearby Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
  • Awesome, the thing is i always do the tours with a tour agencies, i know many dont like this, but its the way i travel. Anyway, i will update my plan soon so others can have some insight as well.

cheers.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Because Vietnam is long and narrow running north to south you get different weather patterns depending where you are and when

As you've mentione Hue and Hoi An, we were in both in September last Year. Five nights in Hue we were almost totally washed out by a tropical depression. Then got a bus not all that far south to Hoi An, and had glorious wall-to-wall sinshine for a week.

Vietnam is really easy to do without being on a tour at a fraction of the cost. It just needs a bit of planning, and you've made a start.

Our next trip to Vietnam [Hanoi and Quy Nhon] is in February for a fortnight, topping and tailing with a few days either side in Bangkok and nearby Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.

I had the same weather experience in Hue and Hoi An in November - to be honest I rather wish I'd bypassed Hue completely as I was underwhelmed by it.

You're also the only other person I've ever come across who has been to (or intends to go to) Quy Nhon, there were almost no Westerners in the city when I was there, which in itself made it an interesting place to visit, although unfortunately it was extremely wet for a lot of the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure