Venetian Blinds

Driving me abit mad, looked about a fair bit but struggling.

Looking for 5 sets of venetian blinds

- Preferably "faux wood" would consider wood or faux wood pvc types NOT aluminium.
- 5 blinds needed with (usually standard) child safety features, rod versus cord
- Looking for 1 black, 1 dark brown variation (oak/mahogany/wenge etc.) and 3 of a natural colour (e.g. beech) not white though.

I need somewhere that offers custom measurements or a fit for W 113 to 113.5 recess x H 110 recess

I've looked through eBay and there's some decent choices but the cut down service either never works or is too expensive to consider. I could probably go eBay but I would have to mix and match between 5 different sellers just to get the right colours in right measurements which isn't ideal.

I looked at Ikea, either the website is broken or they only offer one type of venetian which isn't custom

I've tried Dun Elm, Wilson Blinds, Web Blinds, all slightly too expensive to be honest. https://www.interiordecordirect.co.uk seems good but i'm unsure on safety features. All of these were mentioned and found here by searching but date back to 2013 at the earliest.

Any up-to-date suggestions really appreciated.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Driving me abit mad, looked about a fair bit but struggling.

Looking for 5 sets of venetian blinds

- Preferably "faux wood" would consider wood or faux wood pvc types NOT aluminium.
    - 5 blinds needed with (usually standard) child safety features, rod versus cord
    - Looking for 1 black, 1 dark brown variation (oak/mahogany/wenge etc.) and 3 of a natural colour (e.g. beech) not white though.

I need somewhere that offers custom measurements or a fit for W 113 to 113.5 recess x H 110 recess

I've looked through eBay and there's some decent choices but the cut down service either never works or is too expensive to consider. I could probably go eBay but I would have to mix and match between 5 different sellers just to get the right colours in right measurements which isn't ideal.

I looked at Ikea, either the website is broken or they only offer one type of venetian which isn't custom

I've tried Dun Elm, Wilson Blinds, Web Blinds, all slightly too expensive to be honest. https://www.interiordecordirect.co.uk seems good but i'm unsure on safety features. All of these were mentioned and found here by searching but date back to 2013 at the earliest.

Any up-to-date suggestions really appreciated.

I have used http://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/?gclid=CMzY46aT88MCFeGWtAodXCoADQ for custom measured blinds and they are great and very reasonable.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Just looking through and it seems really limited, only 3 shades of wood grain effect, with the other colours being in aluminium only. Thank you though.
  • Hopefully sorted, sifted through the mass of ebay sellers and found one with everything I needed and excellent feedback (over 100,000) got 6 sets of blinds, custom sizes in 3 different colours for just over £100.

RESOLVED
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just looking through and it seems really limited, only 3 shades of wood grain effect, with the other colours being in aluminium only. Thank you though.

Sorry, I didn't look at the wood effect ones. I personally have a pet hate for venetian blinds ( I am a cleaner and they are a nightmare to clean) but I have used them for vertical blinds and there are a lovely choice of those.

Glad you got it sorted in the end though :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • numpy
    numpy Posts: 92 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2015 at 4:14PM
    Hopefully sorted, sifted through the mass of ebay sellers and found one with everything I needed and excellent feedback (over 100,000) got 6 sets of blinds, custom sizes in 3 different colours for just over £100.

RESOLVED
    That sounds like a good price. I am looking for the same kind of blinds, would you mind telling me the seller please. There are so many on ebay I would prefer to go on recommendation.
  • antispam246
    antispam246 Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I saw your message and responded. (:
  • RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    I'm looking for several sets (all different window sizes) and I'm wondering where does the best choice / value for money?
    I am dreading the dusting but I'm not sure what alternatives there are as nets are a bit dated and I find vertical ones a bit too 'office' like. Any advice appreciated! :)
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
  • RedBalloon
    RedBalloon Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    I've just discovered 'night and day' roller blinds - just wish they weren't so stripey! I also saw sets of blinds on google images - where one unit has both a sheer blind (see through) as well as a blackout blind. I'm just struggling to find anywhere that sells them??
    "Buy me, Lady", said the frock, "and I will make you into a BEAUTIFUL & WHOLE & COMPLETE human being".
    "Do not be silly", said the Man, "for a frock alone cannot do that".
    "True", said the Lady, "I will have the shoes and the bag as well".
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport