Where to get water softener salt?

Comments

• You can buy pure water softener salt for £8.00 plus vat per 25Kg bag with a very efficient 3 day free delivery service.
    However, I do find it incredible that a comment advocates that to save money you should buy the cheapest salt available (regardless of the quality) to put into a machine that has cost hundreds of pounds, affecting the efficiency and longevity of the machine?
  • I spend most of my time in Italy, where you can buy the stuff for 11cents a kilo, and in 1kg packs!!! This is at Lidl, it's even cheaper at the Co op, 10 cents a kilo. Lidl's price is therefore 2.75 euros for 25 Kg, which at 1.14 euros to the pound equals £2.41!!!! How does B & Q justify £12/13 for their 25kg bag, about 5 times the price and you have to lug a 25kg bag in and out of your car. Can anyone point me to a sensible price in the UK, (Bournemouth area).
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Can anyone point me to a sensible price in the UK, (Bournemouth area).

I used to get my salt from:
    H Clark & Son Salt Suppliers, Totton, Southampton.
    They used to deliver 5 bags or more for free. May well deliver to Bournemouth.
  • Thanks for that Moonrakerz, will try Clarks at Totton, will let you know how it pans out!:rotfl:
  • Thanks again Moonrakerz, I bought 125kg for £39.60ish, ordered at 9 o'clock and delivered at 2.15! How's that for good service, and delivered with a smile also. Not as cheap as Italy but better than I could find in the local suppliers.
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Any recommendations for Essex area please?
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • Blofeld wrote: »
    Cheapest place I can find in SE Kent at the moment is Aquasof Salt in Herne Bay. Small Family owned business but great prices

Thanks Blofeld - just rang them and their block salt prices are better than anything else I can find locally. Good find.
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    tinker15 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for Essex area please?

Anyone live in Essex with a water softener?
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • We have a water softner on our supply, usual get 25kg bags of salt tablets from plumb centre. Give your local one a call and will order in for you about £10 per bag.
  • I have found the cheapest supplier for salt tablets for water softeners is watersoft.net
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure