Who qualifies for redundancy

I am in a bit of a dilemma we have been told we are going to lose our jobs because they ( the company) are changing the job and job tiltle and our job will no longer exist. We have to all apply for any job that comes up and go through the interview process, however it will be every man for himself because there will not be enough jobs for everyone to apply for. If someone is left without a job and went through the interview process without any luck will they be made redundant and are they entitled to redundancy? Hope some can help with the dilemma.

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Angie50 wrote: »
    I am in a bit of a dilemma we have been told we are going to lose our jobs because they ( the company) are changing the job and job tiltle and our job will no longer exist. We have to all apply for any job that comes up and go through the interview process, however it will be every man for himself because there will not be enough jobs for everyone to apply for. If someone is left without a job and went through the interview process without any luck will they be made redundant and are they entitled to redundancy? Hope some can help with the dilemma.

If someone is left without a job at the end of this process, then yes, the most likely outcome is that they will be made redundant. Whether or not they qualify for redundancy will depend on whether they meet the criteria for either statutory redundancy payments, or, if applicable, any company redundancy scheme.
  • Angie50
    Angie50 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Thank you sangie595 that helps me with that question. Much appreciated.:)
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Angie, I presume you have worked for the company for more than 2 yrs. if you haven't then they can just dismiss you without reason if there is no longer a job for you.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Angie50
    Angie50 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Hi lincroft1710 I have worked for the company for nearly 5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure