JSA Hardship payments

Comments

• Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    a doctor isnt under orders to serve a particular agenda. why do you think they've taken powers away from doctors in relation sickness benefits. they have integrity. so now an organisation with no integrity makes the decisions.

Because they can't be trusted to be objective.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Looks like you misunderstood again.

The post said That's nothing to do with what you say being deemed valid or not. You have repeatedly shown a total lack of understanding of procedures while claiming to know exactly what goes on behind the scenes.

Everyone with experience on the dark side (staff) has agreed there are mistakes, targets (many of them silly), bias, obstructive staff, etc (just as there are in all walks of life)

One or two with no experience of it at all seem to think it's all a conspiracy that even extends to making documents disappear.

:rotfl:
    yes but i think you were responding to comment saying they are often clueless and not a comment regarding cospiracies etc.
  • donnajunkie
    Dunroamin wrote: »
    Because they can't be trusted to be objective.
    the evidence suggest the opposite. atos cant be trusted to make a fair judgement. they get a payment for every person they pass fit for work. this kind of policy is obviously going to encourage corruption.
  • donnajunkie
    Eton_Rifle wrote: »
    I imagine it also relieves doctors from the fear of threats and violence.
    surely the atos workers would be getting threats of violence instead.
  • donnajunkie
    Eton_Rifle wrote: »
    Aren't they more anonymous?
    Is it not the case that you barely know their name let alone the nearby address of their family home.
    And you don't see them again, over and over and over?

If I were a GP, quite frankly I'd be afraid of repercussions if the decision were in my hands alone. Desperate people can do terrible things.
    cant people go along to the office to have a go at them just like they can go along to their gp's surgery to have a go at them?
  • nannytone wrote: »
    both of my kids work as advisors for JC+. Ive spokent to both of them today, and neither of them are given tarhets as to the number of prople they should get off JSA.
    their job is to assiste people in finding work, and not to try to 'trick' people into losing benefit that they are entitled to.

I'd suggest that your brother in law has more than a bit of 'billy liar' in his personality.

Oh yes of course they are going to admit it, search youtube for

"Claimants 'tricked' out of benefits, says Jobcentre whistleblower -- The Guardian"

The guy works for them and he clearly admits it.
  • i just moved to a new area and missed my apoitment for jsa now an on a sanction for 4 weeks because i missed it now left all weekend with no gas electricity or food so !!!!ed off right now been on phone all day as tried for hardship and was getting call back but nothing so they dont care if ure left with nothing
  • ArtoDeeto
    ArtoDeeto Posts: 344 Forumite
    RILEYBULL wrote: »
    My brother in law works in the jobcentre. and your case sounds like what he has to do every week. They MUST stop or try to stop 2 people a week from claiming jsa. Most jsa advisors have targets to hit which are all about stopping peoples money!!!!
    You are joking where does he work? IF my manager told me that Security would have a job stopping me punching his brains out :j My job is to get people into work and if some numnut said I had to Sanction people they would get it up the wrong offifice.
  • HappyMJ wrote: »
    How do someone lose their home due to a sanction? Sanctions do not affect housing benefit at all. Everyone continues to get the full rate of Housing Benefit.

Yes it does because if you get a sanction long enough on your claim, it will affect your housing benefit, it cancelled the housing benefit out and therefore you lose it, get in rent arrears and then lose your home. This happened to me- not losing my home but was so close to it!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by McKneff
    I've never heard such a load of rubbish in all my life and if that's what your brother is telling you then he should be going to the papers about it. And his MP, but i just dont believe it for a minute.

Sheer bunkum...............

They dont get paid to look out for people to stop their money.

Its their job to get people to do what they are supposedto do to help them find a job. It's only then if the clients dont follow the rules that they get their money stopped.
    Money doesnt get stopped for nothing. you are forgetting one thing its called miss use of power the people at the jobcentre are given the power to sespend you if there having a bad day or you upset them for some reason your getting it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure