HELP NEEDED - JUICE PLUS TOOK MONEY WITHOUT Consent

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,552
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My cousin is a new rep (bless her) and has no answers for me.

An extraordinarily generous view. Cousin joins a dodgy company in an attempt to earn commission from, in this case, family from a company who is engaged in some dubious practices with regard to what they send out and how much and how frequently they charge. I would be giving said cousin a rougher time here.
  • cmcavon wrote: »
    You don't just pay a one off fee it's a monthly subscription which they continue to take unless you cancel after four months. The reps in my experience are not very good at explaining this. Rip off and waste of time!

How did you cancel it? On my online account I can't see any information regarding a subscription, cancellation option or anything. Just my address details and order information regarding my order in April even though they've taken money this month.
  • Hey. Just joined this forum so I could post on this thread. I bought Juice Plus through a rep who led me to believe that I bought my four months worth and then I would go to him when I needed to order more.

However this evening I have received an email from Juice Plus saying my new shipment has been shipped! I phoned bank right away and they said payment of £125 is pending. It cannot be cancelled but they may be able to help once it has cleared.

I spoke to my Rep and he says to refuse delivery. He says he will see what he can do on his end but. I am not holding out hope. :-/ I am so angry at myself for giving him my bank details and letting him take payment without me seeing any terms and conditions or small print. I was led to believe that he was basically there to sell me four month's worth of product and that was it.

Poop :(
  • Gentoo365
    Gentoo365 Posts: 497
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 30 August 2014 at 9:05AM
    It's how the reps make commission, via recurring sales, read up on the company and decide for yourself what the best advice is to give your cousin, as they may lose a lot of friends over this sort of thing.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Forget what you are 'told' by any of the reps or the company, its what is down on paper that counts.

Read all documents thoroughly before you sign anything.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • The problem is that you get no paperwork and sign nothing :-/
  • leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    tootie wrote: »
    Hi I really need some advice.....
    Signed up to juice plus last month through my cousin whos a rep.
    Basically if you have never heard of them... they take a payment and send out 4 months supply of their product. At month 3 I have the option to tell me rep yes I want another lot or no thanks.

Payment was taken on 29th April and good received.

Logged into internet bankings after bank hol to find that they had taken another lot on 24th May!

Tried to phone customer number of Juice plus - line does not connect despite checking the number.
    Phoned the Rep support number which was contstantly engaged.
    SO phoned my bank who raise a claim for the money (I paid using my current account)

All happy and going fine til today.... got home and my husband has accepted delivery of a parcel from...Juice plus!

I never ordered the seond lot and never gave permission for them to take money. I phoned nationwide who said they will still claim my money back but as for the goods - I should see about getting it returned.

Juice plus still not answering numbers this afternoon so filled out a contact form so home they will get in touch??

I just wondered where I stand with regard to the goods? I dont want them, but I also dont want to paymy own money to get them sent back as its not my fault they have done this.

My cousin is a new rep (bless her) and has no answers for me.

Should I just pay to send it back via royal mail? If I do, ill have to track it for my own security surely and insure it too as its worth £135 and that will cost a bomb...
    Is it not their responsibility to collect their good?

I dont have the answer but I really do know that I will
    A) Never use juice plus or a company like juice plus again
    B) Pay with my credit card.

Any help/advice much appreciated (but no told you so's as I have my husband for that!:()

Stressed X

I'd read a lot of nightmare stories about Juice Plus and all the relevant goings on surrounding payments being taken without consent. It is probably too late to help you but I emailed customer services the following:

Dear Sirs,

Could you please confirm that order number UK0000000 will not be renewed after the final payment of £32.50 is taken on 1.10.2014

Please confirm receipt of this email and confirmation of cancellation instructions. Failure to confirm cancellation and to continue to take payment from the card on your records will result in administration charges being issued. Currently, these charges are £20.00GBP per hour required to deal with any issues relating to unauthorised payments.

Many thanks,

Me
    Customer No. 0000000

I got a reply confirming it would be cancelled etc.

Dear Lee,

Thank you for contacting JUICE PLUS+® regarding ARO: 0000*UK

We are sorry to hear that you no longer wish to continue receiving JUICE PLUS+® COMPLETE MIX POUCHES(6) ONE OFF

We confirm your order wil automatically be cancelled once the balance has been paid.

You have chosen the 4-monthly payment plan, please note that once all four installments have been settled, your order will be automatically cancelled, and no further shipments will be sent as your order was placed as a one off order..

Your last instalment will be taken on the 1st October 2014

Furthermore, we would like to inform you that, should you decide to re-start your order, you can do this anytime by sending an e-mail to customerserviceukeir@nsamilan.com.

Kind regards,
    Emily

Juice PLUS+® Customer Service
    NSA Italia srl

NSA Italia srl con socio unico - Palazzo Sirio 3 , Centro Direzionale Colleoni - 20864 Agrate Brianza (MB)
    Tel. +39 0294 756895 - Fax +39 039 6556401 E-mail: juiceplus@nsamilan.com
    https://www.juiceplus.it https://www.nsaonline.it

To be honest I've no idea until 1st November whether that will be the case, but I will post back on here either way as it might help other people out. Not sure how far I'd get with my claim of £20 per hour admin either, but I'll be giving it a try if they do take extra payments! :rotfl:
  • leespot
    leespot Posts: 554 Forumite
    Slippo85 wrote: »
    The problem is that you get no paperwork and sign nothing :-/

I did get paperwork with my original order but I didn't sign anything. My rep put the order through as a "ONE OFF" which I've been told is the right way to do it to avoid recurring charges.
  • Have just read all these complaints and I am completely gobsmacked that a company can do this.
    I have has the same issue the first time they took money from my account in a duplication error! The second was today whereby they took money for some capsules that I ordered through my rep I only asked for 2 bottles to try it out but low and behold a box came and now they have taken another 40 quid out of my account without my permission! I am furious I contacted my rep who said it's a 4 month contract and to phone them and send back the ones I don't use and they may refund me! I never signed any contract and my rep knew i only wanted to try them and to be honest they make me heave i am going to have to cancel my card now as this has out me over my over draft limit van they do this@ help what should I do???
  • Gentoo365
    Gentoo365 Posts: 497
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have just read all these complaints and I am completely gobsmacked that a company can do this.
    I have has the same issue the first time they took money from my account in a duplication error! The second was today whereby they took money for some capsules that I ordered through my rep I only asked for 2 bottles to try it out but low and behold a box came and now they have taken another 40 quid out of my account without my permission! I am furious I contacted my rep who said it's a 4 month contract and to phone them and send back the ones I don't use and they may refund me! I never signed any contract and my rep knew i only wanted to try them and to be honest they make me heave i am going to have to cancel my card now as this has out me over my over draft limit van they do this@ help what should I do???

Tell your rep to stop ripping people off. Unfortunately these are often sold via friends and family so people are not going to take their rep to court. However at least make it absolutely clear to this representative that they should reconsider their involvement in this scheme.

Unless of course (like any retailer) they are willing and able to help resolve the complaint.

You could ask the company for copies of the contact etc. saying that you do not believe one was agreed, but you may get the rep in trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure