one day at a time

Comments

• safehouse
    safehouse Posts: 710
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    CC debt gone up by almost 1,100, devastated. Huge Tax Bill out of the blue + gas bill estimated so I had underpaid, what are the odds. Oh and the nail varnish I bought was complete rubbish started to chip next day, but determined to do myself so will have try another day another brand, yep I being petty .After a day of laying around doing nothing and feeling sorry for myself I am trying to finally pulled myself together…. plan is to be more positive and frugal than before, after all this extra debt will only add a couple of months onto my expected debt free date, Mortgage free date…. What’s a couple of month?
    My house needs cleaning and my doggy moo needs walking so I need to motivate myself. Have closed last savings account today £145, had this put away for DS for xmas, but I can start again, it is only June. I have paid this cash off my Mortgage instead so Mortgage now down to £27,170…. Getting closer to reaching my under £27,000 mark gives me some comfort. Roll on Wednesday can pay good slice off Mortgage……………………..
    TO DO LIST:
    Polish
    Vacuum through
    Clean bathroom
    Mop through DONE
    Clean kitchen DONE
    Walk doggy moo DONE
    List more teabays
    Ironing
    CC 5994.84/5,974.00/7,067 mortgage 27,315/27,170…. £2 a day now up to £102
  • Skinnylatte
    Skinnylatte Posts: 1,243
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Boo to the tax bill :mad: Won't they put it on your tax code? or at least give you a payment plan over 12 months. you shouldn't be incurring more debt because of this.
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• Aw, that's a blow with the tax and gas bills, but it sounds like you're taking the right outlook!
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    Yes I know skinny, but I was so angry and hot headed at the time, paid it and later when I had calmed down thought about other options Id had but it was to late. A very good lesson I need to learn, as I do tend to rush into things. Like my lovely mama says there are no mistakes in life only lessons to be learnt....... how true :). but thank you, I am feeling in a much better frame of mind today....
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    edited 22 June 2015 at 4:51PM
    Tax and gas payment made………….have calmed down now and seeing it as a minor setback. Thanks Belle I am trying to be more positive now, feel really determined this time round. The actual thought of getting my Mortgage down to a big fat 0 and no more nightmares is what keeps me going. I have had a very boring day at home today, no money spent and managed to do lots of work around the house and garden, big plus for my ocd. Looking forward to bingo night tonight with the girls, got a free main session voucher through the post so should only cost me £4 for the full evening. Still waiting on my pet insurance money to be paid, they really don’t rush themselves tut tut. Well nearly Wednesday when I can slice my Mortgage to well below £27,000 getting quite excited 
    TO DO LIST:
    Mow front Lawn DONE
    Sweep and wash down side house DONE
    Try clean oil of drive DONE
    Polish DONE
    Vacuum through DONE
    Clean bathroom DONE
    Mop through
    Clean kitchen DONE
    Walk doggy moo
    Ironing DONE
    List more teabays
    Add work invoices DONE

CC 5994.84/5,974.00/7,067 mortgage 27,315/27,170…. £2 a day now up to £110
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    edited 24 June 2015 at 1:42PM
    Well diary another very small win at bingo Monday night, £8 each in the kitty, only cost me £4 to play, so £4 winnings wow…. So added that to a teabay sell yesterday giving me another £10 in my £2 a day pot. Paid my minimum monthly instalment off my CC today cutting my balance very slightly at least it is back under the £7,000 mark so slow progress. Look Mortgage now down to £26,660 lovely figure, getting there:D. Goal to get mortgage down to £25,500 by end July, I know I have set myself a massive goal but we will see….Teabay/£2 a day pot now up to £132 building up nicely. Walked into M&S today had fantastic sale on and some lovely bargains, looked around for ages and then walked back out empty handed, well done me haha, then walked into charity shop found lovely denim jacket for the summer months perfect fit at a cost of £2 result :T. Also expensive tea free day again, easy to do when you’re on your own. Bought a cheaper brand facial serum today at a cost of £1.99 and quite a good size, my usual would have cost me 9 times that amount so I am hoping it does the job, keeping those wrinkles at bay and giving me a fantastic saving to boot. Right, to do list going well, but have noticed I never have the word DONE next to ironing mmmm,

TO DO LIST:
    Mow back Lawn DONE
    Weed & Clean back patio DONE
    Polish DONE
    Vacuum through DONE
    Clean bathroom DONE
    Mop through DONE
    Clean kitchen DONE*
    Walk doggy moo DONE
    Ironing
    List more teabays
    Add work invoices DONE
    Chicken curry DONE
    strip beds-wash DONE

CC 5,974.00/7,067/£6,990…. mortgage 27,315/26,660 ….…. Teabay/£2 a day pot now up to £132
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    oops diary last entry was soooo good then bought another humidifier/cooler from teabay for my sons constant allergies and throat problems, we needed another as kept on having to lug the thing up and down the stairs, cant put a price on health, so no regrets with this purchase, money well spent, just a drop to £87 for my Teabay/£2 a day pot............

CC 5,974.00/7,067/£6,990…. mortgage 27,315/26,660 ….Teabay/£2 a day pot now down to £87
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    Whoo hoo sold electric fire on fun tree £2 a day back up again , yoyo cash pot

CC 5,974.00/7,067/£6,990…. mortgage 27,315/26,640 ….Teabay/£2 a day pot now back up to £140
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2015 at 2:59PM
    I know diary, I have totally lost the plot, CC bumped up by £170.00,face botox, judge me not .All this debt stressing me out and giving me wrinkles. I have been getting my botox done for years and it really is something I cant do without. I can justify this, after all it is only twice a year, total of £340.00 a year, I haven't gone to the hairdressers for years, cousin is a hairdresser so get a free trim when needed. I never buy new clothes, much prefer charity shops, so only expense is my botox and keeping it, plus have reduced cost of my eye serum by £148.00 a year by switching to a cheaper brand.......................

CC 5,974.00/7,067/£7,160…. mortgage 27,315/26,660 ….…. Teabay/£2 a day pot now up to £140
  • safehouse
    Forumite
    Lazy day, no spend day today…………
    Managed to slice another £20 off mortgage. Need to try and cut my CC down after a crazy spend last week. Money very tight next week so won’t be paying anything off mortgage or CC next week boo hoo unless I have a win at bingo Monday or sell some of my items on Teabay. I do have plenty of food in, freezer is packed so should be ok, just please don’t let me receive any unexpected bills….

Polish DONE
    Vacuum through DONE
    Clean bathroom DONE
    Mop through DONE
    Clean kitchen DONE
    Walk doggy moo DONE
    Ironing
    List more teabays

CC 5,974.00/7,067/£7,160…. mortgage 27,315/26,640 ….Teabay/£2 a day £140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories