No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries May 2017

Comments

• lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    kadison wrote: »
    Oooo what do you sell now?

I sell FM World which is mainly perfume and aftershave but we also do make up, toiletries and house products. The perfume is amazing but am being really good and not buying any until I've used up all my Avon ones, only another 32 to go :rotfl:
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,818
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    kadison wrote: »
    Hello! I remember you too! Is it your daughter who did/does the blog?

Well my make-up collection is the biggest it's ever been but I have been an Avon rep for two years now so that's not massively surprising! I will post a stash list later as a kind of 'I'm a shopaholic' declaration to try and keep me from buying more.

Also there was a Lancome deal on not long ago and I stocked up. A LOT.

She did. She's at Uni now so doesn't have the time nor does she wear makeup regularly either. I like the idea of being an Avon rep as I don't think we have one in our area anymore but wouldn't be around to collect parcels.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Forumite
    Nice stash kadison. I have 3 Avon favourites:-

Senses handwash. I was given the shower gel and handwash for Xmas by a coworker in Winter Dreamland fragrance. Have loved the handwash. Not drying at all. Not tried the shower gel yet.

Glimmersticks for brows. When I've UUed both my Benefit Ines I am returning to this (coworker 's sister is a rep).

Planet Spa body butter. So lovely.

So I was watching one of my favourite YouTubers yesterday videoing her body lotion inventory. She had 43 which was an increase from the New Year. Those increases were due to buying in the Bath and Body Works sale when they apparently bring back discontinued fragrance. I'd be so tempted by this if I lived in the US too. Anyway got me wondering how my stash is doing so just in that category I took stock. In Jan 2017 I had:-

2 x 200ml
    3 x 75ml
    11 x 50ml
    2 x 30ml
    1 x 25ml

I now have:-

4 x 50ml
    1 x 75ml
    2 x 30ml
    1 x 25ml

I am amazed at how these have gone down.

I do also have a 100ml bottle of Australian Bodycare Tea Tree lotion that I use on my ahem feminine and sensitive parts which I always restock. Also have a 100ml tub of Sanctuary Spa body butter that was part of a set I won and is earmarked as a gift for a friend at work.

I think my Soap and Glory Cleanser will be UUed tonight.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kadison,

Would you feel ready and able to sell any of your stash? Perhaps nail varnishes and make up?

I get the impression you buy duplicates of things and multiple versions of a similar thing, have you given much thought as to why this might be?

I'm debating a bunch of ins next week because I have run out of lots of HG and I am aware of a hopefully very good GWP coming up.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Welcome back Kadison. I was an Avon rep for several years too but was never really tempted. I used to buy - and still do - the bubble baths, handwash, hair refresher (for reviving my curls in the morning), the hair dye which is fab but seems to be discontinued and the room/body spritzes.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,971
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Madison

Hi good to see you again, hope you are doing OK. Fantastic stash list to work through, I have never committed mine to a list, but have started some spreadsheets, mainly so I don't dupe nail polishes:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 May 2017 at 11:04AM
    Has anyone tried the MAC SPF 50 primer? I am in need of a new primer as current one almost UU and thought this might be good for summer. Any opinions?

Or I have just noticed there is a Make up Forever SPF 50 primer
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    VALM wrote: »
    Nice stash kadison. I have 3 Avon favourites:-

Senses handwash. I was given the shower gel and handwash for Xmas by a coworker in Winter Dreamland fragrance. Have loved the handwash. Not drying at all. Not tried the shower gel yet.

Glimmersticks for brows. When I've UUed both my Benefit Ines I am returning to this (coworker 's sister is a rep).

Planet Spa body butter. So lovely.

Well done on using up your body butter stash! I buy the senses handcream and the brow glimmerstick as well. It's not easy finding reasonably priced and decent brow stuff in black and I always make sure I have at least two in stock at any time!
    Kadison,
    Would you feel ready and able to sell any of your stash? Perhaps nail varnishes and make up?

I get the impression you buy duplicates of things and multiple versions of a similar thing, have you given much thought as to why this might be?

I'm debating a bunch of ins next week because I have run out of lots of HG and I am aware of a hopefully very good GWP coming up.

I actually have a lot of nail polish I will be selling which is excluded from this list, so this is actually the pared-down list! I wouldn't/couldn't sell any of my make-up as I do actually use it all.

Yes I know why, like most people I find something I like and buy it in different colours!

I do have a lot of stuff on that list earmarked to sell as it's stuff I have too much of (and don't use much of) or it came as part of a GWP or beauty box:-

Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream 50ml
    Lancôme Advanced G!nifique Eye Light Pearl 5ml
    Lancôme Hydra Intense Mask 100ml x 5
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Day Cream 15ml x 2
    Lancôme Hydra Zen Night Cream 15ml x 2
    Lancôme La Vie Est Belle EDP 4ml x 2
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Tube 200ml
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Tube 30ml
    Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion 150ml x 2
    Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer 30ml x 2
    Liz Earle Rosemary & Rock Rose Hand Repair 50ml
    Liz Earle Rosemary & Rock Rose Hand Wash 200ml
    Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser 15ml
    Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser 50ml
    Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate for Night 10ml x 2
    Liz Earle Superskin Face Serum 30ml
    L'Occitane Almond Hand Cream 10ml x 3
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne EDT 7.5ml
    L'Occitane Arl!sienne Scented Soap 50g
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Perfumed Soap 75g
    L'Occitane Delightful Rose Hand Cream 30ml
    L'Occitane Divine Cream Sachet x 6
    L'Occitane Divine Extract Sachet x 3
    L'Occitane Honey Soap 100g
    L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamot Body Lotion 50ml x 2
    L'Occitane Jasmin & Bergamot EDT 7.5ml x 3
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Body Lotion 50ml
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee EDT 7.5ml x 2
    L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee EDT 75ml
    L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream 30ml
    L'Occitane Shea Rose Heart Hand Cream 150ml
    L'Occitane Zesty Lime Hand Cream 30ml
    Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Hand Cream 100ml x 2
    Time Bomb Glory Days - Day Cream 15ml

What brand of GWP is it as I have a lot of friends who also love their beauty stuff!
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Welcome back Kadison. I was an Avon rep for several years too but was never really tempted. I used to buy - and still do - the bubble baths, handwash, hair refresher (for reviving my curls in the morning), the hair dye which is fab but seems to be discontinued and the room/body spritzes.

The hair dye is still going, it's in the latest book x
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    Forumite
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the MAC SPF 50 primer? I am in need of a new primer as current one almost UU and thought this might be good for summer. Any opinions?

Or I have just noticed there is a Make up Forever SPF 50 primer

I used the MAC Prep and Prime SPF50 when I was in the US and buy it for holidays. It is fab. It's a lotion rather than silicone type primer.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Another NBI, but tools this time - Eco Tools sponges for applying/blending.
    I like these and so did other reviewers. One of the YouTube vloggers describes this as her HG of sponges, and she isn't the brand ambassador either.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure