Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Sofitel London St James has an offer on at the moment of 3 nights for the price of 2 - still expensive (£550ish for 3 nights in a superior room but it is OHs 50th) but some very good reviews on Tripadvisor. Going towards the end of July - is it worth it or are some of the other recommendations on here better?
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • atruefaker
    atruefaker Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello All

Looking for a room for 2 nights 15 - 17th April in Central London - as close as possible to Soho/Leicester Sq (walking not a problem).

Budget £140 p/n.

Any suggestions?

Or, can someone tell me the best time to look at the secret hotels please.

Thanks
  • Techno wrote: »
    The Sofitel London St James has an offer on at the moment of 3 nights for the price of 2 - still expensive (£550ish for 3 nights in a superior room but it is OHs 50th) but some very good reviews on Tripadvisor. Going towards the end of July - is it worth it or are some of the other recommendations on here better?

It's a really good hotel and very popular so of course you're not going to find the kinds of deals we're seeing in this thread. The only hotels that have been coming up here that would hold a candle to it in terms of quality are the Athenaeum and maybe Threadneedles. I wouldn't say either of them were better though.
  • jtr63 wrote: »
    Thanks very much P_e_P

Budget has some flexibility, but £125 per night would seem about right for what we want. Location is also flexible as there are a number of places on the list of things to do. Petticoat Lane is on the list, so St Pauls / Tower would be fine. The Grange St Pauls seems to be offerring good, non-secret prices. Would this be on your list ?

John.

Only at £99 or less as it's really a 4* masquerading as a 5*, service standards just aren't up to it. It's "Amazing city hotel with luxury spa &pool" (sic) as a secret hotel, by the way. Nearby, you will also want to consider Crowne Plaza London the City, possibly the Andaz if you're lucky (but you won't get breakfast inside your £125), Apex City of London. These usually come up, we'll have to see what else does. They all have 'secret' names that have been revealed in this thread ;)

More centrally, there are usually various Park Plazas, most frequently Victoria.
  • atruefaker wrote: »
    Hello All

Looking for a room for 2 nights 15 - 17th April in Central London - as close as possible to Soho/Leicester Sq (walking not a problem).

Budget £140 p/n.

Any suggestions?

Or, can someone tell me the best time to look at the secret hotels please.

Thanks

That location is a bit limiting with regard to secret hotels but hopefully something will come up. Prices on LM look rather high just now, not sure if that means hotels are getting heavily booked (*bad) or whether they're just playing hard to get until nearer the time (*good). Either way, no deals matching your criteria at the moment.

Would be worth a look on Travelsupermarket (or kalico's interesting link a page back) to see if you find anything that tickles your fancy.
  • rob300 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for a Hotel for April 9th either in the city centre or as close as possible, its for me and my girlfriend, we'd like to stay somewhere nice but get as cheap a deal as possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My price range is £70-£95

Thanks!

Bit early to find those kinds of prices, they usually come on about a week before. The only thing in budget for you just now is Hilton Paddington "Outstanding hotel located in Paddington" at £93.75 but I'm convinced it will come down nearer the time (I've booked it for less than £70 before).

So wait till about the 5th to book ;)
  • jmio
    jmio Posts: 1 Newbie
    hi there,
    looking for 4-5* hotel 27-30 march. like small and boutique style. travelling with young daugther: location is important (near tube...) any deals you may recommend? thank you!!!!
  • vgyjm
    vgyjm Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks Pigeon, :T

Am tempted to wait until the midweek prior to the booking date as you suggested to superug

Bearing in mind your comment about the tourist season, how risky to you think this approach would be?

Cheers,
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2011 at 11:16PM
    It's a really good hotel and very popular so of course you're not going to find the kinds of deals we're seeing in this thread. The only hotels that have been coming up here that would hold a candle to it in terms of quality are the Athenaeum and maybe Threadneedles. I wouldn't say either of them were better though.

Many thanks P_e_P - 2 questions if you don't mind
    Would £550ish be a good price and is it likely to come down any more do you think (Lastminute have 10% off so was also going to use that and quidco.)
    Would it be worth upgrading to a king (200 more) or is the queen big enough - some Trip reports say some rooms are very small but that could just be the standard rooms
    Thanks again
    Techno
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • rubyjam wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help me with names of Top Secret Hotels?

I am looking for a 4* hotel for my daughter and myself next weekend for 2 nights on 26th & 27th March. I've been checking lastminute for the past 2 weeks hoping the prices would come down but nothings changed much. Is this as good as it gets or should I hold out a little longer?

Would prefer to stay in Kensington area as we are going the The Royal Albert Hall. I don't really want to pay more than £100 (preferably a lot less ;))Does anyone have any ideas/recomendations?

I would wait till after the weekend, possibly Tuesday would be a good day to bag a deal. The Hilton Kensington & Crowne Plaza Kensington will probably come up, also you might want to consider the Victoria area as there's often some good deals there. In fact, stick a reminder here on Tuesday and I'll see what there is.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback