Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Comments

• Eggs IN 3
    Eggs OUT 2

Eggy bread & maple syrup for dinner - I was going to have a crisp sandwich but there were no cheese & onion crisps left :(

I have a new favourite book :smileyhea I read my SIL's copy from cover to cover at the weekend and today I spent my TCB earnings on a copy of my own :)

2 sleeps to new chickens and pay day :j
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    edited 27 August 2014 at 8:08PM
    :wave:

So sorry to hear about Miss MWC, MWC, I know what you mean about looking down the garden and expecting to see a little white one flurrying around :(

[URL="[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][IMG]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/birds/a-hen-that-lays-golden-eggs-smiley-emoticon.gif[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]a-hen-that-lays-golden-eggs-smiley-emoticon.gifGood luck with the newbies though, I'm sure you'll settle them in quickly, along with the power of the mighty mealworm!

Are you going to have to separate / quarantine the new ones from the old or are you popping them all in together from the off?

I love the idea of naming them after family females of yore ... our original 4 had our nans' names and our latest 3 are all named after great aunts. Any decisions yet?

Book looks very interesting ... are you planning a change in the back garden? x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Greying packages up the three remaining packets of C&O crisps that are in the vaults at Greying Towers and sends off a virtual care package to muddywhitechicken :D

That book looks lovely :D It's a shame she has her open garden days 'either side' of the garden at it's peak. We went in June 2011, unfortunately following that severe winter :D So it was lovely, but not as lovely as it looks in your book :D She makes lovely gardens though :D

2 more sleeps :j:j

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Remember to sing to the newbies to help them settle in ok :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Good evening Hbbb & Greying

I'm back from a less than successful trip to the supermarket - didn't manage to get all the ingredients for plum chutney and forgot to use a £1 coupon :doh:

No major garden makeovers here... I already have a lot of the plants in the book, I just need to move a few around into the best position and buy a few more to extend the flowering season :)

I'll have to pop the chooks all in together as I sold my spare coop - that's the main reason I wanted to wait until there was room for a trio.

As for names... I'm thinking virtues - possibly Constance, Prudence and Felicity

Although it would be nice to have a Matilda - "strength in battle" might be appropriate if the introductions don't go well :rotfl:
  • gallygirl wrote: »

You haven't heard me sing :eek:
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »

Aunty GG is right, totally agree with this. Current favourites for bedtime up the Hbbb Hen House include (in order of evident preference, expressed by speed with which Edna puts her head down and shuts her little eyes):

* you are my sunshine
    * train a-whistle blowing
    * man of constant sorrow

Upside: definitely brings calm to anxious bedtimes.
    Downside: it will do nothing to dispel neighbourhood rumour that you may indeed be stark raving mad! :o
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • Habibiboo wrote: »

Aunty GG is right, totally agree with this. Current favourites for bedtime up the Hbbb Hen House include (in order of evident preference, expressed by speed with which Edna puts her head down and shuts her little eyes):

* you are my sunshine
    * train a-whistle blowing
    * man of constant sorrow

Upside: definitely brings calm to anxious bedtimes.
    Downside: it will do nothing to dispel neighbourhood rumour that you may indeed be stark raving mad! :o

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Matilda! Like in the film :) she had Powers, you know :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Eggs IN 4
    Eggs OUT 0

Fried HG cherry tomatoes on toast for dinner!

£10 CP voucher claimed

1 more sleep until new chickens, pay day and Mr MWC comes home :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business